Jewelry Appraisers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry Appraisers?

Any recommendations for jewelry appraisers on Oahu? I need to have several rings appraised for insurance purposes. I got one rec from my insurance company, but I wanted to see if you all had any suggestions (or warnings!).

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Tiabla; June 28, 2006, 04:00 PM. Reason: my spelling skillz failed me

Re: Jewelry Appraisers?

Originally posted by Tiabla
    Any recommendations for jewelry appraisers on Oahu? I need to have several rings appraised for insurance purposes. I got one rec from my insurance company, but I wanted to see if you all had any suggestions (or warnings!).

Thanks in advance!
    First go to a certifiied gemologist. Karats and Carats has one. I believe the owner's name is Brenda Ritchel or something like that.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

... and no matter which you decide to go to, check them out FIRST with the Better Business Bureau (on the Web) to see if they have a satisfactory record.

You don't want to go to "Store X" and have some sleazy jeweler say he/she has to take the piece "in the back" to check it out -- only to have it returned to you with fugazi gems in place of your real-thing-bling.

NEVER let a jeweler take your jewelry out of your sight unless you know them and have a foundation on which to trust them.
      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I agree. Also get the appraisal agreement in writing. Friends of mine took jewelry to be appraised and got an oral fee quote and when it came time to pick up the jewelry, they were surprised by a substantially larger bill and the appraiser refused to return the jewels unless the big bill was paid. Resulted in a very expensive lawsuit so no happy ending no matter what.

Comment

I use JW Irish on Kapiolani.

Comment

Working...
          X