Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Krispy Kreme Burger

Originally posted by drumorgan
    All I know is that if you want to have a food blog, leaving goji berries as the latest article for days, when krispy kreme burgers are left untouched, is just unacceptable. Go eat one, and lets hear your review on your blog.
    Wish I could, but Oahu currently doesn't have a Krispy Kreme; only Maui. Although, I suppose any fresh-baked glazed doughnut would suffice.

I really like my LEONARD'S MALASADA BURGER idea.... "DA' SLIDAH!"

In the event that I ever do make or try that burger, I'll be certain to eat some of them Goji Berries as cardiovascular countermeasures.

Point taken though. I'll update the blog later today.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
      what exactly is shoyu ?
      Shoyu = Soy Sauce (don't dare say the latter when you're in Hawaii!)

With regards to the KONA Burger in question, I think it's the quality of the beef and the grill it was cooked on that made the difference. Some restaurants have amazing flame broilers that really sear the meat amazingly.
      Exactly.

Premade frozen patties put on a griddle or in a frying pan should be sent to hell.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Admit it – somewhere in the deep recesses of your mind, you’re thinking “Hmm…, Krispy Kreme burgers – Yes!” I do like the malasada burger idea, maybe next Punahou Carnival I can buy a malasada and a hamburger and make my own.

Comment

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/apps...0332/1001/NEWS

Looks like it's picking up in popularity!

I gotta have one!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
            Oh, you closed-minded people. When I saw this on the news, the guy making the things said everyone always says it's the most disgusting thing they ever heard of. Then they try it. And then they ask for another.

I can totally see this thing working. There used to be a Krispy Kreme (it only had the name, it wasn't really) in the Aiea Shopping Center when I was in intermediate school. Didn't last long. But they sold this hot dog in a long-john (minus the custard) and it was delightful.

This isn't too big a step from using sweet bread rolls for hamburgers or for tuna sandwiches -- something I do all the time. Sure, it's no good for you, but you're not going to eat them every day. I'd pay good money to try this once, I tellya.
            I'm voting you for Governor!! The sound of reality. You can be an extremist or a moderate. Give the burger a chance people! Sheez it can't be as bad as marshmellow peeps! My wife can eat a whole box of em. She prefers them frozen...the sick woman. It makes picking off the extremities easier
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I don't like Peeps either
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

The end of the The Krispy Kreme Burger.
                http://www.bellinghamherald.com/apps...0355/1001/NEWS
                ...estimated that the Lakeway Drive business sold 1,100 of the burgers...
                1100 burgers in a month...thats more than 30 a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                  Shoyu = Soy Sauce (don't dare say the latter when you're in Hawaii!)

Exactly.

Premade frozen patties put on a griddle or in a frying pan should be sent to hell.
                  Don't say soy sauce around me, or I'll have to beat you. Man, I hate going places and they ask if I want "soy sauce." It sounds... wrong.

They had a skit on SNL a few months back where the character went to a Japanese Sushi restraunt and was acting like he was in the know and during it he called it shoyu and said that's how they say it in Japan. I was like, hey... a mainlander said it.. on TV. Awesome.

Comment

Geez... this thread almost goes hand in hand with the weird combination of foods thread!

But pau now... no more kkb's as was reported earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                      But pau now... no more kkb's as was reported earlier.
                      Actually, the "Krispy Kreme Burger" is probably better known as the "Luther Burger."
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burger
                      Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Oh yes I did:

But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                          Oh yes I did:
                          DETAILS scriv...

No tease.... When, Where, and How!

Comment

Now there's a plateful of savory-sweet gems!

I'm willing to bet Scrivener made that himself. Some school faculty brought some Krispy Kreme Donuts from Maui, which gave him the reason to (and a guilty conscience if he didn't) do it.

Witness to the side what looks like, yes, a HOT DOG on a French Pastry Roll... ha ha! Looks like Redondo's (red) Winners.

One of them Pastry Dogs got the cheese goin' on.. YUM!

Diggin' the lightly toasted "tops" of the Krispy Kreme "buns". Guess you have to invert them like that, otherwise the glaze would get all over your hands when you hold the burger.

Scriv' probably didn't give a review yet because he had to give his heart a rest. I know the feeling after doing that Andadog experiment. lol
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Okay, that does it....I gotta check this out! Fortunately, there is a Krispy Kreme store not far from where I work. Tune in tomorrow for a full review!!!

BTW, I'm kinda on the fence about the Malasada burger. On the other hand, a Malasada hot dog, whew- buggah sound ONO!!!!
                              "Dont put of 'til tomorrow what you can forget about completely!!!"

Comment

Sorry. It wasn't meant to be a tease. Pomai was right on: I was just too tired (not from eating, although I confess I ate that entire plate) to edit the rest of the photos and explain what happened. I'll do it later.

After my angioplasty.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X