Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Energy Drinks

Originally posted by Pomai
    Note to self: DO NOT TRY Tab Energy Drink. Thanks for the tip. That sounds similar to my first impression of Red Bull. Gross.
    Indeed. Thanks, Dick. I share the odd inclination to try new beverages at random just out of curiosity (Gatorade 'Rain' being the last inauspicious experiment), but Tab I'll most certainly skip! And to think, I was just eyeing that little pink can at Star Market on Saturday...

I've also tried Red Bull out of curiosity, and while I wouldn't say it was as bad as Tab sounds, it certainly wasn't something I was eager to taste again.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      I recently tried a Korean energy drink called Bacchus-F mostly because the name cracked me up (attention former students: I told you there were countless reasons to study Greek and Roman mythology). I believe it is marketed in Korea as a hangover remedy. The ingredients looked pretty much like the ingredients in Jolt, except for the addition of apple juice. I did not notice any effects from teh Bacchus-F, which comes in small glass bottles like the ones Lipovitan comes in.
      Scrivener (or anyone here), have you ever tried or do you know anything about "Real Gold"? Sold out of vending machines in Japan, in small cans or as a "fountain" drink, it was also promoted as a hangover remedy.
      It's a Coca-Cola product, and tasted like strong Mountain Dew, but I've not seen it outside Japan. I'd love to find it again, and learn more about the contents (including caffeine content.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        Scrivener (or anyone here), have you ever tried or do you know anything about "Real Gold"? Sold out of vending machines in Japan, in small cans or as a "fountain" drink, it was also promoted as a hangover remedy.
        It's a Coca-Cola product, and tasted like strong Mountain Dew, but I've not seen it outside Japan. I'd love to find it again, and learn more about the contents (including caffeine content.)
        If you're ever in Las Vegas and are an afficianado of Coke products, go check out the Coke Museum (next to the M&Ms Museum) on the Strip. Upstairs, they have a little cafe/store where for I think it was $8, you can sample about 20 different coke products from all over the world outside the US. Some of them didn't taste too bad, but some (especially some of the Asian ones) were really baaaaad.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Speaking of Lipovitan, has anyone tried this? I have a few bottles in my fridge because my mom thought they'd be good for me, but I've never tried them.
          egruargrubluaaah-HACK-guahesophagealliningfrughurl-oh boymyspleen-rrawl-guuahhh-HACKagain.

Give it to your house plants.

pax

Comment

Regarding Lipovitan...
            Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
            egruargrubluaaah-HACK-guahesophagealliningfrughurl-oh boymyspleen-rrawl-guuahhh-HACKagain.
            You took the words (and everything else) right out of my mouth. WORSE than Redbull in taste. IMO

Knowing Scrivener though, he'll probably find something about it he likes.

That energy drink review site recently added a post on SPORTS BEANS by Jelly Belly. This I gotta' try. I LOVE Jelly Belly's! Buttered Popcorn.. yummm.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
              Give it to your house plants.
              Watchoo got against house plants?

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                Regarding Lipovitan...
                Knowing Scrivener though, he'll probably find something about it he likes.
                Whether he likes it or not, he'll find a creative and/or entertaining way to tell about it, you gotta admit.
                Maybe he can assign a number value to the nine letters of "Lipovitan" and make a Sudoku puzzle from it (but with a repeating "i", can it be done?)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  Watchoo got against house plants?
                  if the house plants thrive on kukae, they will *l~O*v~E* Lipitor-van.

pax

Comment

my hubby and my older daughter love Monster Energy. i just bought a case of it for $24.00 ....way cheaper than what you get at retail!! anyway, i think its gross..if i ever needed a pick me up, it shall be coffee!

Comment

Try Bawls you can get it at compusa, and it is by far the best energy drink I have ever tasted not to mention it's loaded with guarrana

here a link bawls.com
                      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
                        Try Bawls you can get it at compusa
                        Are you nuts?

I guess I'll put that on must-try list, along with Pimp Juice. How fitting.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron
                          Try Bawls you can get it at compusa, and it is by far the best energy drink I have ever tasted not to mention it's loaded with guarrana

here a link bawls.com
                          There's another guarana-flavored drink that's available in the US. It's called Sol Rio, and it's very tasty over ice. I discovered it at a Brazilian restaurant here. I bet Whole Foods sells it.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Speaking of Lipovitan, has anyone tried this? I have a few bottles in my fridge because my mom thought they'd be good for me, but I've never tried them.
                            I dunno about the Japanese energy drink companies. I mean, these are the people who try to tell you that drinks like "Calpis" and "Pocari Sweat" are actually tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              There's another guarana-flavored drink that's available in the US. It's called Sol Rio, and it's very tasty over ice. I discovered it at a Brazilian restaurant here. I bet Whole Foods sells it.

Miulang
                              Yeah i forgot to mention it doesn't taste as good warm I can imagine Sol rio probably tastes alot like bawls looking at the Sol Rio website (it's under construction but here the link anyways link)It also boast the gurrana as the main flavoring
                              808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
                              kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
                              http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

ok, this thread is reminding me that nothing is as wonderfully refreshing as a cold glass of water.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X