Popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn

So how do you like your popcorn? Buttered? Salted? With cheese? Or with icecubes?

For me at least buttered. I can do without the salt.
    Salt
    31.01%
    Butter
    37.21%
    Other items
    18.60%
    Take it plain
    5.43%
    No opinion or don't eat popcorn
    7.75%

Re: Popcorn

I can do without butter, but I need salt!

In college, my misguided hippie friends used to ruin popcorn by putting brewer's yeast on it. <gag> More for them that way!

Comment

Watching movies is not watching at all without a box of popcorn with extra butter and salt.

Oh....of course with a date, to buy the popcorn, drinks and candies too!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        So how do you like your popcorn? Buttered? Salted? With cheese? Or with icecubes?

For me at least buttered. I can do without the salt.
        icecubes???? huh?

I like a good old fashioned carmel popcorn ball!
        Last edited by damontucker; July 2, 2006, 02:59 PM.

Comment

At the movies, extra butter, salt and mochi crunch!
          (Signature used REAL butter - I don't know about its successor, Regal).

At home, on microwaved or freshly popped (in a pot) popcorn; melted real butter and one of the following -- or a couple of the following, in different bowls:

- kosher salt, mochi crunch and furikake (the nori kind, of course)
          - lemon pepper (really ono!)
          - kosher salt, chipotle powder and a little cayenne
          - garlic salt (w/parsely bits -- pretty!)
          - Old Bay seasoning (tastes similar to Dixie Grill's popcorn)

The possibilities are limited only by one's spice selection.

Now that I'm writing this, it occurs to me one could also flavor the butter during/after the melting process ... or use leftover herbed or spiced butter from another recipe.

Ho, I'm ono for popcorn now!

(GREAT poll, by the way!)
          Last edited by Erika Engle; July 2, 2006, 02:48 PM. Reason: Adding poll praise.
          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Curry powder works well. Li hing mui powder probably would work, too.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Extra butter and salt at [some of] the theaters. "Extra" only because the regular amount there seems nearly nonexistant. Otherwise I don't actually like to eat popcorn. Something about the smell drives me crazy. If I do eat, I can only eat so much before I feel sickly. I like the kakimochi/furikake mixes in small doses, as well. I used to eat that cheddar flavored popcorn that comes in the big tin can but I seemed to pick the stale bunches a lot so I just stopped eating them altogether.
              myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I hate movie popcorn. I hate carnival popcorn. I only like popcorn popped my way: With as little oil as possible. No butter. No salt. Kaki mochi, most preferably the yakko shape. Furikake is also good, but purely optional. Light, dry, airy, fluffy kernals are best enhanced by kaki mochi.

The one exception: I really like that microwaved caramel popcorn, but only as long as the caramel is soft; once it hardens, it's trash.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Kilinahe loves to pop her own, in a cast iron skillet, minimal oil, a little more than minimal salt. Me? I'm not picky, quite lazy, and cheap. I tend to stock up on the Act II microwave popcorn and sakura-style arare at WalMart and make a simple mix twice a week to chow down during our Netflix movies.

When we want to live it up a little, we get those easy-breezy "hurricane popcorn" kits at Costco.

Comment

Green tabasco is good.

Chili power and olive oil is what I usually do.

Air-popped only. (!)

Comment

icecube
                      I hope you mean the rapper.

I actually use the store bought kind, so its whatever my parents buy.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

icecube
                        Originally posted by doc1456
                        I hope you mean the rapper.
                        Nope, actually it's a local reference to a time back in the early 1970's.

Comment

Air popped popcorn plus Tabasco or Indian chili pepper flakes...YUM

Comment

Normally, I like it plain, maybe with a little salt.

The only microwave popcorn I like is the Smart Balance brand. Has enough salt and butter for me. Some of the microwave popcorns on the market have wayyyy too much butter for my liking and i feel dirty after eating them

but when I go to the movies, I'll splurge for the butter on my 'corn . but I never eat more than half a small bag. i dunno how y'all eat those large ones!

-k

Comment

The Varisty Theater there is squeeze bottle of melted butter you can use to flavor the popcorn but it usally just does the top part of the bag. Also used Kit Kat bites in the popcorn bag today.

Comment

Working...
                              X