How many believe in true love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many believe in true love?

My only two true loves are my pups. They love me unconditionally. They don't care what I look like, if I've eaten a little too much ice-cream. They still love me if I'm late with dinner. They love me if they get to sleep in the warm comfy bed with me or if they have to sleep on the floor. They love me if I'm too tired to pay extra attention to them that day. They're very forgiving if I snap at them or am impatient, and a few extra minutes of snuggling go a long way to make up for it. And despite the fact that I've moved over 4000 miles away and haven't called or written once, I know that as soon as they see me, they will come running and won't pout or play petty passive-aggressive games.

As for true human love....no. I don't think one person can ever completely love another.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
      My girl of 7 years and I have separated since leaving Hawai'i...actually, very recently. I have been too busy/preoccupied at work for it to really have set in
      Oh jeeze, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear :_(

Breaking up is like grieving a death (with its five stages). You're mourning the company of the woman you love, the future you imagined together, and the person you are when you are with her.

Being busy can be a good thing. It gives you a little breathing room, before you have to deal with what happened. Of course that doesn't make it any "easier".

Best of luck, dude.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Okay, forget about greatest. If your need is to meet others' needs, is it possible to put their needs ahead of yours?
      Everyone puts their own needs before others, in every situation. If I give up my life to save my children, it's because I would feel too guilty choosing myself over them. Avoiding this guilt is a selfish act.

There's nothing innately wrong with being selfish. In fact, there's not much we can do, but once we're honest about our weakness, we can use our selfishness to benefit others. Crafting win-win situations, and all that.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      sometimes you just gotta speak when the muse strikes and catch up with the crowd later. FWIW.
      I'm glad your muse spoke to you, Kaonohi. Every lesson in life has a price, but sometimes someone else pays our way. Thank you for sharing your experiences; your words may help us some day.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        My only two true loves are my pups. They love me unconditionally.
        (...)
        As for true human love....no. I don't think one person can ever completely love another.
        I recently read somewhere, "You can't breed love out of a dog."
        Don't know if that's true; I've met a few dogs that seemed clueless about love....

Well, Surlygirly, about people, you gotta believe what you gotta believe, but I hope someday someone comes along and changes your mind - in the best way.

Lust is a flash in the pan; Love is the Universe.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X