Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many believe in true love?

Originally posted by Dale
    Same here ... mine is this Saturday, so I'll be out of commission (maybe) for the next month.
    Your what is this Saturday? Do you mean, your wedding? If so, congratulations!

If I am misunderstanding your post, I apologize. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
      Your what is this Saturday? Do you mean, your wedding? If so, congratulations!

If I am misunderstanding your post, I apologize. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.
      I get the same impression.

Congratulations to you and your husband to be!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yup, that's my wedding ... this Saturday and we are going nuts. Yup, me is the husband and will be marrying a wifey!!! After this Saturday, it's going to be check in once in a while and most of the time out of commission until the middle of August!!!
        Originally posted by 1stwahine
        I get the same impression.

Congratulations to you and your husband to be!
        Thank you ... although me going to be getting a wifey after Saturday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          Thank you ... although me going to be getting a wifey after Saturday!!!
          My Bad! Congratulations to you and your Bride!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

WOW! It's so refreshing to see so many men posting on this thread....as for me, I do believe in true love.....I thought I found him way back in high school...we dated for quite a long time and then split up when he went away to school and I stayed home for school....we met up some 15 years later and the magic that made the friendship great back then was still there....he's married now with 2 keiki and I'm divorced....the 'fling' thing isn't going to cut it so we've remained friends.....but, yes, true love is possible!

Comment

having A FLING is NOT true love NOR is it ever close to being love.. it has NOTHING TO DO with love.. its SEX.. nothing more ! and to what u said, its called CHEATING if u slept with him and he was married
              http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
              http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
              If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Originally posted by legal_secretary_in_mtl
                having A FLING is NOT true love NOR is it ever close to being love.. it has NOTHING TO DO with love.. its SEX.. nothing more ! and to what u said, its called CHEATING if u slept with him and he was married
                Not that Ms_Aloha_Nui needs any defending here but I do not read her post as saying that a fling is true love or that she slept with him while he was married. What I think she's saying is that her true love is married and since a fling is not acceptable to her, they've remained friends (I read into here a "as opposed to more than friends) even if she considers him her true love.

Comment

I do believe in a good snuggle.

Comment

Yes, I believe in true love. Then we married and that was almost 10 years ago.

Comment

I believe in true love and fate as well.
                      But since I am moving to Hilo for school in a couple of weeks I have to break up with my girlfriend. 8 months of great love, nothing could seperate us.

Our love for eachother will continue even though we are going to have an open relationship over seas. I feel this will be the best thing rather than a maintenance breakup. What you say?

bts

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007
                        But since I am moving to Hilo for school in a couple of weeks I have to break up with my girlfriend. 8 months of great love, nothing could seperate us.

Our love for eachother will continue even though we are going to have an open relationship over seas. I feel this will be the best thing rather than a maintenance breakup. What you say?

bts
                        I thought she was moving with you?
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007

bts
                          Don't take this the wrong way, but ... how old are you? If you're under 25 or so, you have no idea what a "great love" is. I know that's not PC because we're all supposed to pretend that extremely young people are capable of mataure relationships, but they're not. (If you're a teenager, the concept is laughable.) You're simply not mature enough. Sure, you've got all the parts, but you're still forming and evolving as a person. In two weeks you two already will have grown in different directions. So, you should just break up.

If you're older, then you're a fool to try to do the long-distance relationship thing. Either stay together or don't. Make a choice.

"Open relationship" -- what is that, screwing around? That's not a recipe for success, either. How does that mesh with that "great love"?

I think you both should just move on. Chances are you will, anyway. Yeah, it's hard to break up, but you'll both be just fine.

Comment

I believe in true love. To me GOD is the truest Love of all and He is the giver of the gift of true love between man and women
                            www.myspace.com/cc_splace http://www.heavenlyrainbows.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              Don't take this the wrong way, but ... how old are you? If you're under 25 or so, you have no idea what a "great love" is. I know that's not PC because we're all supposed to pretend that extremely young people are capable of mataure relationships, but they're not. (If you're a teenager, the concept is laughable.) You're simply not mature enough. Sure, you've got all the parts, but you're still forming and evolving as a person. In two weeks you two already will have grown in different directions. So, you should just break up.
                              I feel a little sad to see you say that it's laughable that young people aren't capable of true love or understanding it. My husband and I have been together nearly 9 years, since we were 17 and 18, married 7 of those years and always living on our own, never with our parents, ever. Our relationship is beautiful. 3 children later we have never been happier and we keep growing mentally and emotionally together. There is a lot of respect and loyalty between us. I love watching my husband grow into a more incredible man with each passing year. Nothing is laughable about our union of almost a decade. I think relationships can be childish at most any age. We have friends of all ages from early twenties to fifties and age doesn't seem to guarantee them a mature, loving, relationship.

I have no comment on Brandon007's relationship but I do know it's quite possible to find great and LASTING love at a young age.
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Many moons ago...I was a mere twenty years old. I met my late husband on a Friday night in Hawaiian Hut. He was celebrating with friends on winning the California Bantam Weight Championship of California! Out of all the wahines in the whole nightclub ~ he asked me to dance a slow song.

That night we became inseparable.

We got married that Monday. Yep! In three days! We had a Wedding Party too. My sisters and MAMA although quite angry bought Chinese Food and delivered to my Penthouse Apartment I shared with my two other girlfriends in Salt Lake. We had a PARTY! Two wedding Cakes too!!

Twenty years after and three beautiful children we parted and said goodbye. Not from divorce but from illness. He was the love of my Life. Yes, love can happen when one is young. Love can happen when one is old. Love can happen at any age...it is up to both to succeed at it and Love each other forever.

I am fortunate to Love again. But das another STORY.

Love,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X