America's Got Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Got Talent

Hmmm...I had no interest in watching this show but as I'm packing for a house sitting gig move out, it was on in the background. Even just it's background noise confirmed why I had no interest in it.

Then...

An 11 year old little girl, Bianca <sumthin'orother>, started singing. As long as that child stays on the show, I'll continue to watch. She is absolutely unbelievable. Chickenskin to the max. She brought me to tears she was so good.

Did anyone else see her?

Re: America's Got Talent

I love that girl. When I first heard her I had to ask "wait, HOW old is she...?" Unbelievable indeed. She sings better than Brandy :x
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

For those who didn't watch the show, Brandy is one of the judges and she was on her feet for almost the entire length of Bianca's song. Standing O from the audience, too. My guess is little Bianca will have a contract long before she's eligible for American Idol!

Comment

here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozDh4...erica%20talent

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
          Thanks for that, PM. How interesting that a number of people uploaded Bianca. I just love youtube!

It was interesting to rewatch that video a couple of times and watch Brandy's emotions that caused her to stand up. I had a similar experience when I was judging a local singing contest for teens. Tani Lynn Fujimoto was a guest (not a contestant) that night. She got about 15 seconds into the Alicia Keyes song, "Fallin'" and I left the judges table to watch from a 'front row, center' position. I was absolutely stunned at what I was hearing. I reacted to Tani the way Brandy reacted to Bianca. It's such a thrill to witness such incredible talent.

Comment

I'm sorry everyone....

But this kid got talent!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=767017108&n=2

Comment

Oh, my God. My boss and I just watched Bianca Ryan on YouTube. We're both sitting here crying while we're watching it, I'm not kidding. That is just unbelievable. How can an 11-year-old girl have such maturity in her voice? And she wasn't just belting -- she had great phrasing, she got softer when the lyrics called for it, the rhythm was good ... Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                [...]Wow.
                I've probably watched the youtube video at least 6-7 times and cried thru it each time...just like last night. That kid has a future...regardless of her hair, dress and shoes...which I feel were totally appropriate for her age.

Comment

That's what was so cute about it! She looks and acts like a little girl should, then opens her mouth and YOW!

I like that. I especially like kids who aren't tarted up to look the part.

Comment

amazing, simply amazing...

thanks for the link

Comment

in-freakin-credible. Black gurl almost as incredulous as kimoboy.

manoa; you say sumpin?

Comment

Oh... my... GAWD!!!
                        There's gotta be agents and managers and record company execs absolutely swarming after that child.
                        (Kinda reminds me of when LeAnn Rimes first got noticed. Same God-given gift, but LeAnn was, what, 13 or 14?)
                        And yeah, my eyes got misty too, after just her first few notes. Why is it that something so amazing and beautiful makes our eyes leak, anyway?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          And she wasn't just belting -- she had great phrasing, she got softer when the lyrics called for it, the rhythm was good ... Wow.
                          Exactly correct, Maddie. Not just an amazing set of pipes, but a natural gift of knowing how to use them.
                          I've only got one piece of advice for that little girl: start writing your Grammy acceptance speech now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            Exactly correct, Maddie. Not just an amazing set of pipes, but a natural gift of knowing how to use them.[...]
                            That child isn't just singing the song...she's feeling it, from the pit of her soul.

Here's another soulful little one...8 years old...on Hawaii's own 'Destination Stardom'. She doesn't have Bianca's pipes (altho' maybe she does now!) but the potential is definitely there.

I judged a keiki contest a couple of years ago when a 6 year old walked on stage, grabbed the mic like she owned it and BELTED a song. My forehead hit the table in shock! SIX! Amazing!

Comment

pretty good Tutusue.
                              Reminds me of Baby Rose Marie.
                              long time ago, to justify anyone here sayin'
                              long before MY time.
                              But hell. don't anyone watch old movies?
                              She was in International House.
                              which featured W.C., Rudy Vallee, Bela Lugosi and many others......
                              will try find clip.

Comment

Working...
                              X