America's Got Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America's Got Talent

Same show. Same song. Different interpretation. This time a 9 year old with attitude. Another incredible talent altho' Bianca still has my vote!

Hmmm...I'm starting to think that American might have talent!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      pretty good Tutusue.
      Reminds me of Baby Rose Marie.
      long time ago,[...]
      As in Rose Marie from the old Dick Van Dyke show, iirc. Or, am I remembering correctly? Hope you find the clip!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
        [...]Why is it that something so amazing and beautiful makes our eyes leak, anyway?
        That happens to me when my soul's been touched.

Comment

yea, I suppose. that's what IMDB sez.
          She didn't look or sound like the gal that grew up to play Sally Rodgers, tho.
          baby Rose marie was ten when she sang a song that ya just can't get outta yer head...

"My Bluebird's Singing the Blues"
          Lyrics by Leo Robin
          Music by Ralph Rainger
          Copyright 1933 by Famous Music Corporation
          Sung by Rose Marie (as Baby Rose Marie)

Unlike other child performers, Baby Rose generally eschewed kiddie music, and instead performed blues tunes and romantic melodies. She belted out these songs with what sounded like an adult's voice, and a smile suggesting that the audience had better be impressed or the singer might slug anyone who did not applaud. But as you might guess, it was not a happy childhood for Rose Marie. Her father gambled away most of her earnings, frequently beat her when he was drunk, and worked her like a mule to keep the cash coming in. Through her father's criminal connections, young Rose Marie met Al Capone, who, she says, kissed her on the cheek and said, "If you ever need me for anything, tell your father to call me."

She had an almost freakishly adult face, voice, and stage presence. For her pre-adolescent performances on film, she was widely whispered to be an adult midget, and as her radio program became popular, NBC sent her on tour to reassure listeners that the husky, mature-sounding voice was really coming from a little girl.
          Last edited by kimo55; July 6, 2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

to take this on a tangent:

I youtubed up Jennifer Holiday, to hear the original version of "I'm Telling You" (the mele that Bianca sang). This link is so worth eight minutes of your life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq4uc...ifer%20holiday

pax

Comment

Yowza! Seeing that song sung in it's orginal, theatrical context blew me away. And, it gave me even more appreciation for Bianca. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Oh... my... GAWD!!!
                There's gotta be agents and managers and record company execs absolutely swarming after that child.[...]
                Check this out! Whatta strange place to make a request like that. The simplest thing for production to do is call NBC. The movie link seems legit! The guy making the request says he's a director. The web site shows him as Director - Website Design. Hmmm...that could be interpreted a couple of different ways! Maybe someone on HT is familiar with Denny Hammerton's name. I'm not, but that doesn't mean anything! There's protocol when contacting prospective talent, esp. minors. Last I heard, YouTube hasn't been added to the protocol list.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                  Check this out! Whatta strange place to make a request like that.
                  Thanks for the link, Tutu. Very odd. Maybe that's the wave of the future, but I'll bet he gets a lot of crank calls and pranks. Hardly seems worth the hassle, compared to using the normal procedures.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

On the heels of another, current thread in HT...Bianca is hapa! Hapa Japanese, that is. And, don't even go *there*, Kimo!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      And, don't even go *there*, Kimo!
                      i don't mind beating a dead horse,
                      but I'll be damned if I'm gonna beat a dead horse.

Comment

YouTube is marketed as a social networking site of sorts... users are encouraged to record their own video "answers" to the posts of others.

The director probably saw a video of Chelsea online, and recorded that short clip in response. All he's doing is directing people to the movie website... not giving out his personal cell number or anything like that.

Comment

For those who might be interested, Bianca Ryan will appear on the show next week.

Comment

She's on tonight...KHNL channel 8...7p? 8p? Can't remember so the tv is now in the on position! It'll be really interesting to see if Bianca can top herself!

Comment

While Bianca was terrific, rock isn't her genre...nor is it mine! I'll look forward to more R&B. Still...that performance coming out of an 11 year old is amazing.

Comment

I think America should vote that second magic act in instead of Bianca. She shpuld wait 5 years , then blow away American Idol. despite what Piers said a week ago, it looks like the finals will be mostly singers .
                                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X