Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America's Got Talent

Default Re: America's Got Talent

YouTube is marketed as a social networking site of sorts... users are encouraged to record their own video "answers" to the posts of others.

The director probably saw a video of Chelsea online, and recorded that short clip in response. All he's doing is directing people to the movie website... not giving out his personal cell number or anything like that.

For those who might be interested, Bianca Ryan will appear on the show next week.

She's on tonight...KHNL channel 8...7p? 8p? Can't remember so the tv is now in the on position! It'll be really interesting to see if Bianca can top herself!

While Bianca was terrific, rock isn't her genre...nor is it mine! I'll look forward to more R&B. Still...that performance coming out of an 11 year old is amazing.

I think America should vote that second magic act in instead of Bianca. She shpuld wait 5 years , then blow away American Idol. despite what Piers said a week ago, it looks like the finals will be mostly singers .
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

If the "quick change" act doesn't make it to the finals Weds night, then it will be just another singing show.

Flickr

After last night's finals show, I retract what i say about "Quick Change". They are a one trick pony. Bianca Ryan should get the $i million.

She's ready for the BIG TIME.

Flickr

I thought last night's show was exceptionally entertaining with it's diversity of acts. All had their strengths but not all are marketable to the masses.

The Rapping Granny - How adorable is she? Just a novelty act, tho'. I can't believe it but I agree with Piers!

Quick Change - Unique, amazing and entertaining...for one week! A great act for conventions or an opening act for Vegas. Now that I've seen them on AGT I doubt I'd pay to see them elsewhere.

The Passing Zone - Unique but a novelty act. Ok, so I'm not a fan of juggling. Possibly an opening act for another novelty act in an off the strip hotel in Vegas?

Taylor Ware - I'm the first to admit that I just can't get into yodeling and would not pay to listen to it. Regardless, this little gal is really good but where does she go from here?

Realis - would be a great addition to one of the Cirque shows.

All That - love 'em, but where do they go from here? Possibly Vegas in a lesser known hotel?

The Millers - Wow! The young harmonica player is outrageous and, at 12, already a showman. Unlike Piers, I enjoyed the brother but, regardless, the 12 year old steals the brother's thunder. It'll be interesting to see what happens to this duo...or just the 12 year old.

Celtic Spring - They gave me chicken skin but I love the the whole "Riverdance"/"Lord of the Dance" experience and do pay to see it! Add 5 kids with violins to the experience and I am thoroughly entertained. But, where do they take their talent? Vegas? Concert Halls? Conventions?

At Last - Wow! Loved them, too. Just another 'boy band'? Dunno but I can see their appeal to the younger generation. More marketable to the masses, I think, than the above acts.

Bianca Ryan - (link is to last night's performance) Reduced me to tears once again. That child is exceptionally marketable to the masses...recording contract, Broadway, concerts. I wonder if she has any dancing or acting ability. If so, then she's a triple threat.

Tonight's winner is anybodys guess but I'm still pulling for Bianca.
    Last edited by tutusue; August 17th, 2006 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added URL

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue
    Bianca Ryan - (link is to last night's performance) Reduced me to tears once again.
    Same here. (I didn't see the show, so thanks for the link, Tutu!) From what you've described about the other acts, I think your analysis is right on the money and it's impossible to see how anyone else could or should win.
    Bianca is pure gold. I hope this show doesn't contractually force her to sign a recording deal with them (American Idol style), as I'll bet Clive Davis has been knocking on her door since her first appearance.
    I think I wrote earlier that Bianca is obviously in the same league with other child prodigies who went on to stardom: LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, and I'm sure there are others who were tiny tots with gigantic voices.
    Wow. Just... wow.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui
    I wrote earlier that Bianca is obviously in the same league with other child prodigies who went on to stardom: LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, and I'm sure there are others who were tiny tots with gigantic voices.
    Wow. Just... wow.
    Jessica Simpson? LeAnn and Christina, yes....but Jessica !!!!!

Flickr

[...]Bianca is pure gold. I hope this show doesn't contractually force her to sign a recording deal with them (American Idol style), as I'll bet Clive Davis has been knocking on her door since her first appearance.[...]
    Personally, I don't feel Bianca will be hurt one bit if she doesn't win tonight, esp. if the winner does, in fact, have contractual obligations to the show. Well, yes, she would be losing $1M but she'll more than make up for that with her career and probably in a short amount of time. All that little gal needed was exposure, which she got, and that's...priceless.

Shhh...don't tell anyone...but I voted for her the allowed 10 times last night!

Quote Originally Posted by alohabear
    Jessica Simpson? LeAnn and Christina, yes....but Jessica !!!!!
    Yes, Jessica Simpson. Get past the airhead image and the woman does have an exceptional voice. Ever see footage of her as a child? The Mickey Mouse Club days (which also had Christina, and Justin Timberlake). Jessica's voice even as a child was right up there with the others I mentioned.

Yes, Jessica Simpson. Get past the airhead image and the woman does have an exceptional voice. Ever see footage of her as a child? The Mickey Mouse Club days (which also had Christina, and Justin Timberlake). Jessica's voice even as a child was right up there with the others I mentioned.
    LN...are you, perhaps, thinking of Brittney Spears? Or was Jessica Simpson really on the MMC? Just curious!

BTW...I don't mind Jessica's voice but I really don't like to watch her sing. There's something just so tense and rigid about her jaw and mouth!

At least Jessicas better than her lip sync malfunction sister Ashlee..

Jaw and mouth...it's the "proactive" zit cream

Wasn't that Britney with Justin and Christina? Jessica is the poor man's Britney Spears, and that ain't saying much.

Flickr

Thumbs up Re: America's Got Talent

The winner's reaction was priceless!!!
    Way to go, Bianca!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 years old, and a million bucks richer!

Bummers...I accidentally learned of her win before the show aired here!

Bianca's reaction caught me off guard! She was at a complete loss for words and just stood there, stunned, tears streaming down her face. Too bad air time ran out before she sang. I would've loved to hear her sing while in such an emotional state.

To stay sane and grounded in the entertainment industry will be her toughest challenge.

Whatta voice!

Jessica never made the MMC-Ive watched many shows on E! and VH1 that do the backgrounds of these *prodigies*??? lol and she was beat out by Christina (rightfully so) and Brit (who I dont think can sing at all!) Brit and Jess both will hopefully fall off the radar soon before my own daughter starts thinking they have talent------anywhooo

Wasent Bianca adorable tonight? She was REALLY shocked, but we werent! I think this show is a trainwreck-and would not last two weeks in fall line-up-but hey-slow tv-Im there! I do have a question about the cars the miller bros as with the other group, just tell me they didnt give ONE car to a group of 5-6 men? Regis (please never sing again live) Philban said a CAR-and handed one key to each group-this show has made moola for summertime fare-pls someone say it isnt so?

but Id pay to watch them fight backsatge over car! D

I don't want to knock Bianca... however, isn't singing what America Idol was for?

We now have another show that the winner is a singer... Is it just that America is hooked on singing these days...

So many shows based on singing talent... Puffy's Shows, Amer. Idol., Rockstar SuperNova, Making the Band, etc....

I liked quick change...however the dude was way arrogant and the act got stale... If you DVR'd the finale... you would have noticed one mistake in the changing routine.... I still don't know exactly how they did it... but after about 5 times seeing it... I think I got it...I think! (did you guys notice how eachtime they were going to change that they made a hand off of something behind there backs.....and then when they did the drop down with the Hula hoop purple thing... you could see the dress was on before the hula hoop even dropped down.... etc..)
    Still an amazing act... however... They would have been better off staying off this show...because now they are over exposed!

However, Bianca... I dunno... shes good and all... I just don't think she's a million dollars good... I think the boy from Hawaii..(can't remember the name now) who was on the Oprah show singing Gospel was just as good as her....

But then again... I have no ear for musical talent...

I think the tears on National TV did seal it for her...even though she was good...

To tell you the truth... Now that I look back at all of the final acts...yeah it was entertaining.... I wouldn't pay a dollar to see any of them though!

I went to the Blue Man show in Vegas and spent about 140.00 for my wife and I about 3 years ago... That was pretty cool.... However I don't think any of tonights acts would have tempted me in Vegas.

All in all...if that's the best of Americas talent... I'll stick to the international talents at the Circque De Solei...etc...

Overall... my impression of the show..... VERY WEAK and very stale over too long of a time...
    Last edited by damontucker; August 18th, 2006 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dallascat70
    Jessica never made the MMC - Ive watched many shows on E! and VH1 that do the backgrounds of these *prodigies*??? lol and she was beat out by Christina (rightfully so) and Brit (who I dont think can sing at all!)
    Right. I thought I'd made it clear earlier that she'd tried out for the MMC against those others. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by dallascat70
    [...]Wasent Bianca adorable tonight? She was REALLY shocked, but we werent! I think this show is a trainwreck-and would not last two weeks in fall line-up-but hey-slow tv-Im there! I do have a question about the cars the miller bros as with the other group, just tell me they didnt give ONE car to a group of 5-6 men? Regis (please never sing again live) Philban said a CAR-and handed one key to each group-this show has made moola for summertime fare-pls someone say it isnt so?[...]
    So much of Bianca's charm is that she remained true to being 11. The hair, make-up and wardrobe stayed age appropriate. When the ogre-judge, Piers, told her to change everything, including her shoes, she just got rid of the shoes and sang barefoot for the remainder of the competition! I wonder if she got that idea from Joss Stone!

I really had no interest in watching AGT 'til I heard Bianca and I watched it only when she appeared. The show had an unusual array of circus-style, slutty acts. But, it got what it set out to get...ratings. And, if a trainwreck will get ratings then a trainwreck will be produced! I found the finale show this week much more entertaining than American Idol AND Bianca much more exciting to watch and listen to than any of the Idol winners.

I was wondering about the cars, too. My guess is one per act but if you hear anything different, please let us know.

The kids and I kind of got into this show when it started ... and were rewarded for our viewing with Bianca's STUNNING performance of "And I am Telling You ..."

That is a significant song in my life ... and she had me crying. Not just tears rolling out of my eyes -- but CRYING.

How can an 11 year old girl, who has experienced NONE of what that song is about -- put so much meaning into a performance? To use an over-used term, I was blown away.

I assume Jennifer Holiday is still living -- and I hope Bianca gets to meet her and the other living artists with whose songs she has impressed so many people.

We then got kinda bored with the show ... so I had to catch up on her subsequent performances via YouTube after reviewing this thread last night.

I am THRILLED for her and her dad. Even if she had not been declared the winner, she would absolutely have been picked up by someone who would groom her to stardom anyway.

I hope she DOES take up dancing and acting, because Tutusue is right, Bianca could become a triple-threat and have a huge career on Broadway, in movies, etc.
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Never seen any of the shows... only caught them on youtube. Man this kid has soul beyond her years. Here's her reaction after winning... so cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYAk5jX-zts

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Engle
    [...]How can an 11 year old girl, who has experienced NONE of what that song is about -- put so much meaning into a performance? [...]
    Erika...that's exactly the same question my friends and I are asking. Bianca's not singing a song...she's feeling the lyrics and it comes out in the form of a song. When I watch her I get the feeling that she's experiencing the lyrics in that moment. But...HOW? At 11, she hasn't had enough life experiences to even understand the lyrics.

Thursday morning I sent out a mass email to my industry friends, personal friends and family with the YouTube links to Bianca's 3 performances. I wasn't looking for any responses; rather, I wanted to be sure people who weren't aware of her became aware. I was stunned at the number of replies I received. Several asked "who is that child channeling, anyway?"...or similar words! Another volunteered what a great lip syncher Bianca is!!! Of course, he was saying she was just too good to be true! Everyone, without exception, said..."oh my God"!

I'm not easily impressed. Just too jaded from too many years in my profession, I guess! I can recall only one other time that I was totally blown away, chicken skin and all, by a performer. Bianca absolutely brought me to my knees. And I did something I've never done for any performer...I signed up for her email newsletter!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast