Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America's Got Talent

Originally posted by dallascat70
    Jessica never made the MMC - Ive watched many shows on E! and VH1 that do the backgrounds of these *prodigies*??? lol and she was beat out by Christina (rightfully so) and Brit (who I dont think can sing at all!)
    Right. I thought I'd made it clear earlier that she'd tried out for the MMC against those others. Thanks for clarifying.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dallascat70
      [...]Wasent Bianca adorable tonight? She was REALLY shocked, but we werent! I think this show is a trainwreck-and would not last two weeks in fall line-up-but hey-slow tv-Im there! I do have a question about the cars the miller bros as with the other group, just tell me they didnt give ONE car to a group of 5-6 men? Regis (please never sing again live) Philban said a CAR-and handed one key to each group-this show has made moola for summertime fare-pls someone say it isnt so?[...]
      So much of Bianca's charm is that she remained true to being 11. The hair, make-up and wardrobe stayed age appropriate. When the ogre-judge, Piers, told her to change everything, including her shoes, she just got rid of the shoes and sang barefoot for the remainder of the competition! I wonder if she got that idea from Joss Stone!

I really had no interest in watching AGT 'til I heard Bianca and I watched it only when she appeared. The show had an unusual array of circus-style, slutty acts. But, it got what it set out to get...ratings. And, if a trainwreck will get ratings then a trainwreck will be produced! I found the finale show this week much more entertaining than American Idol AND Bianca much more exciting to watch and listen to than any of the Idol winners.

I was wondering about the cars, too. My guess is one per act but if you hear anything different, please let us know.

Comment

The kids and I kind of got into this show when it started ... and were rewarded for our viewing with Bianca's STUNNING performance of "And I am Telling You ..."

That is a significant song in my life ... and she had me crying. Not just tears rolling out of my eyes -- but CRYING.

How can an 11 year old girl, who has experienced NONE of what that song is about -- put so much meaning into a performance? To use an over-used term, I was blown away.

I assume Jennifer Holiday is still living -- and I hope Bianca gets to meet her and the other living artists with whose songs she has impressed so many people.

We then got kinda bored with the show ... so I had to catch up on her subsequent performances via YouTube after reviewing this thread last night.

I am THRILLED for her and her dad. Even if she had not been declared the winner, she would absolutely have been picked up by someone who would groom her to stardom anyway.

I hope she DOES take up dancing and acting, because Tutusue is right, Bianca could become a triple-threat and have a huge career on Broadway, in movies, etc.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Never seen any of the shows... only caught them on youtube. Man this kid has soul beyond her years. Here's her reaction after winning... so cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYAk5jX-zts

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
            [...]How can an 11 year old girl, who has experienced NONE of what that song is about -- put so much meaning into a performance? [...]
            Erika...that's exactly the same question my friends and I are asking. Bianca's not singing a song...she's feeling the lyrics and it comes out in the form of a song. When I watch her I get the feeling that she's experiencing the lyrics in that moment. But...HOW? At 11, she hasn't had enough life experiences to even understand the lyrics.

Thursday morning I sent out a mass email to my industry friends, personal friends and family with the YouTube links to Bianca's 3 performances. I wasn't looking for any responses; rather, I wanted to be sure people who weren't aware of her became aware. I was stunned at the number of replies I received. Several asked "who is that child channeling, anyway?"...or similar words! Another volunteered what a great lip syncher Bianca is!!! Of course, he was saying she was just too good to be true! Everyone, without exception, said..."oh my God"!

I'm not easily impressed. Just too jaded from too many years in my profession, I guess! I can recall only one other time that I was totally blown away, chicken skin and all, by a performer. Bianca absolutely brought me to my knees. And I did something I've never done for any performer...I signed up for her email newsletter!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              I can recall only one other time that I was totally blown away, chicken skin and all, by a performer.
              And that performer was... ?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                And that performer was... ?
                Heh...I hit submit before finishing my post. It's been a long day!

Anyway...the performer was local gal, Tani Lynn Fujimoto, singing Alicia Key's "Fallin". I think I referenced this in an earlier post. Tani is another youngster (altho' now 18) who sings from the pit of her soul, way beyond her years. And, she's an old soul to boot! She said her grandmother and I tell her that all the time!

Comment

...the performer was local gal, Tani Lynn Fujimoto, singing Alicia Key's "Fallin". I think I referenced this in an earlier post. Tani is another youngster (altho' now 18) who sings from the pit of her soul, way beyond her years ...
                  Is she the one who sings with Manu Boyd's group on the Hawaii version of "My Prayer?"
                  That song by Josh Groban (and someone else) brings tears to my eyes -- and the Hawaii-version does as well, to the same degree.

If it is Tani Lynn, I know what you mean. Superlative -- in her own way.
                  I'm stoked that you made sure all your friends knew about Bianca ... if we never hear about her or see her again, then something has gone terribly wrong -- because she is an absolute phenom.
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Is she the one who sings with Manu Boyd's group on the Hawaii version of "My Prayer?" [...]
                    Dunno but I emailed Tani's manager with your question. I'll let ya know!

Comment

Erika...that's not Tani Lynn on "My Prayer". I'd love to know who it is, tho'.

Comment

Is she the one who sings with Manu Boyd's group on the Hawaii version of "My Prayer?"
                        That song by Josh Groban (and someone else) brings tears to my eyes -- and the Hawaii-version does as well, to the same degree.
                        That's actually Maila Gibson, sister of former Miss Hawaii Kanoelani Gibson.

There's another good version of "The Prayer" out there by Tiffany Thurston and John Paul Lam -- http://www.myspace.com/tiffanythurston -- local kids you might have seen singing with the New Hope Fellowship.

And regarding Bianca...it's very rare that a performance can move me like that. That song she sang for the finale, barefoot, mind you...ho wow, so SASSY! Sing it sister!
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Aha! Maila Gibson. Yep...she's is gooooood!

Tiffany Thurston, too. I've only heard her sing in the annual New Hope Christmas play and was really impressed. I had no idea John Paul Lam could sing!

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Aha! Maila Gibson. Yep...she's is gooooood!

Tiffany Thurston, too. I've only heard her sing in the annual New Hope Christmas play and was really impressed. I had no idea John Paul Lam could sing!

Thanks for the info.
                            Most definitely. At such a young age, he's already won numerous awards in the Christian music genre. Glad to know that he's venturing out to mainstream music now!

http://www.myspace.com/johnpaullam (and he's pretty HOT too!)
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

This link to NBC has the unaired proformace after Bianca's win.
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                                This link to NBC has the unaired proformace after Bianca's win.
                                Thank you for the link! That wasn't her best performance and deservedly so! She was fighting back tears most of the time as was I! It woulda been a bit too much if, under the emotional circumstances, an 11 year old could come thru with a flawless performance. Second only to Bianca's vocal ability is the fact that she remains 11. More important than her singing career is that she be allowed her childhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X