Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diane Ako's big....

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    No moa seeds, Kaiser Permanente took care of that. My Mom says to me one day after #6 was born, "No more kids I'm going broke every Christmas!!!"
    On behalf of your poor mother's fiscal resources, I am happy that her boy is properly vaccinated against seed emissions.

pax

Comment

Diane Ako's big... belly! Even 6 1/2 months pregnant, she's still a cutie.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...703080302.html

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
        Yeah, she is. I enjoyed reading that story this morning.
        I wasn't aware that she has scoliosis (basically curvature of the spine), which I believe is pretty rare in someone as young as Diane.
        And frankly, I'm surprised nobody here has commented on the caption of the second photo, which shows Diane exercising. The caption says "Ako performs a chest-expansion exercise".
        Given the title of this thread, you can see why I thought someone would comment on that caption.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

baby bump.

Here is the link to the all important chest-expansion exercise: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/da...080302V2_b.jpg

It's not that unusual to suffer from scoliosis at a young age. A friend of mine has had a graphite rod in her back for nearly 20 years. It was first recognised in her teens but got worse in her 20s. Daily exercise helps... including a few minutes on an inversion table.

Congrats to Diane and her husband and good luck. Careful with those sharks too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            Careful with those sharks too!
            Hey, Pablo, since you're the one who started this whole thread 110 messages ago, maybe she'll think you're the shark she should be wary of.

Comment

my this is an interesting new thread I've never run across.

I have a funny Diane Ako story from a few years back. I was sitting across the table at a dinner party and blurted out "hey you look just like you do on tv..."

hmmm did I just think that out loud...? she looked at me with a "duh" look on her face. "uh yeah, what am I supposed to look like?"

yeah great first impression. she was nice to the resident village idiot (me) though.

Comment

Say... isn't Diane due soon?

Comment

Say... isn't Diane due soon?
                  Yep, I think 6/2 she is due which happens to be my birthday!

KalihiBoy

Comment

• Re: Diane Ako's big...

Well, we can now call this thread "Diane Ako's big HEALTHY BOUNCING BABY!!!"
                    Not really so "big", but 7 lb. 9oz. baby Olivia was born a week ago today, and everyone is healthy and happy.
                    Ho`omaika`i, Diane and Olivia!!!

Comment

I Love Happy News!!

Congratulations to mother, father and baby!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks for the update, LN. I visited khnl.com just last night looking for info as I knew she was due a week ago. Wow, she delivered almost right on her due date!

CONGRATULATIONS, Diane and Claus and welcome to the world baby Olivia!

Comment

• Welcome back Diane!

Welcome back to TV Diane! KHNL Weekends -- Now with 50% less Paul Drewes Seriously, congrats to you and your family.

Pablo

Comment

Which reminds me. The current issue of Honolulu Magazine has an ad for the Honolulu Club, touting their post-natal workouts, and featuring a photo of a very pregnant Diane. Wow, pregnancy really made her... ah.... glow.

Comment

'Defining Time' by Diane Ako
                              I was warned that having a baby would throw my life into a delicious uproar, but I couldn’t envision it until that day actually arrived. Day was night. Up was down. It still kind of is. I, a recovering control freak, am learning to proverbially throw my hands up in the air and just let go.
                              Her essay launches "Inspiring Moms," a series featuring writings on motherhood by women leaders of our Island community. Includes photos.

Comment

Good link, but there's really only one shot of her beautiful babies.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X