Being Black in Hawaii...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being Black in Hawaii...

Are you in any professional HR associations? I think there is one in Hawaii so you should probably join it. A lot of the HR people here all know each other so their must be a small community or something.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
      Are you in any professional HR associations? I think there is one in Hawaii so you should probably join it. A lot of the HR people here all know each other so their must be a small community or something.

Thanks to everyone that has responded and I truly do appreciate all the information.

Lavagal.... thanks for the info.. as far as the wedding planning business... before I can start that back up... I have to know the lay of the land... but I do plan on getting that up and running as soon as possible... I do plan to market to a niche market of mainlanders that are seeking to get married in Hawai'i and assist them with their destination wedding. In the meantime, I will look for a wedding planning service provider over there to volunteer my time in the meantime... while I search for that HR position. I am very open minded...

manoasurfer123.... thanks my "sistah" for the warm welcome.... lol... I surely do have a love of the people and since I have lived all over and visited many places around the world.... I would think my attitude is in check and I know how to put that mainland attitude behind where it belongs... I lived in Guam for several years before by the way and I loved it there....

tutusue.... this is a real issue for me on buying or not to buy... the worst come to worst... I can always rent it out and stay with one of my friends.... just don't want to have all the money gone... and puff.. nothing to show for it....

jkpescador.... yes surely I am a member of the national HR association... and plan to join the local chapter once I arrive and take full advantage of the networking... also plan on joining the chamber of commerce... the COC is a great resource of info

Once again... mahalo nui loa... and I look forward to many more great discussion on this forum...
      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
      Mark Twain

Comment

manoasurfer123.... thanks my "sistah" for the warm welcome
        I your braddah now... ! I know you nevah know I was a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
          hahhhh funny....... thanks my braddah for letting me know that..... good to know I just came in here and I have already gained a "braddah".... Aloha
          Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
          Mark Twain

Comment

One thing that will probably be different for you is the annual MLK Day parade through Waikiki - led by a giant Hawaiian Flag! and it always looks like a rainbow with all the different participants. I love it!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

queenolu...

You can be my tita... however... don't send me any email from nigeria!

Everyone in america has been long warned of the nigeria email scam...

any personal words you might have on this being that you say your from Nigeria?

Comment

On forums and in chatrooms, the same thing happens to me - people may mistake me for female, especially since I tend to adopt the more 'pretty' Hawaiian usernames, and since the subject of gender never really comes up. Hell, now that it's out there, I might as well add this too: I've always had a thing for black women - Kelly Rolland, Ashanti, Christina Milian, Tyra Banks, Gabrielle Union, Meagan Good ( especially Meagan Good), etc. I could go on and on.
                I ka wā i laulaha ai ka ‘apa‘apa, he hana ho‘āuhuli ka ‘ōlelo ‘ana me ka ‘oia‘i‘o.

Comment

Originally posted by 'i'iwipolena
                  I've always had a thing for black women -
                  you DO!?
                  OOoohhhh
                  I love it. Black women loving black women.
                  yea.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    queenolu...

You can be my tita... however... don't send me any email from nigeria!

Everyone in america has been long warned of the nigeria email scam...

any personal words you might have on this being that you say your from Nigeria?

Hummmm I surely think you got me wrong..... my post said... I am from Nigeria originally...... I am an AMERICAN.... live in Maryland..... a Veteran of the U.S. Navy...... shall I go on on on....... so my dear "braddah"...... no need to fear me....

Any personal words....hummmmm.... if anyone is fool enough to fall into any those stupid scams.... then they themself is a scam artist.... someone offers to send you money that does not "belong to them" and they give you a percentage of it........ and people fall for this ........ come on now.... it takes a thief to fall for this stupidity....... enough said.... the warnings have been out for yearsssssss ... so if anyone like I said follow up and think they are getting a pot of gold... let the fool go ahead.... like I said... they themself.. is a scam artist...

So my dear "braddah".... scams are all over..... its done best right here in the U.S. .... shall I say... Enron... and many others... even all the I.D. theft .... all here in the U.S. and they do a lot more damage to "our" people than any "nigerian email scam" may do..... ohhhh don't let me blow your bubble... but the latest news... those so called scam emails are now coming from Americans ...making it seem as if it's sent from Africa....

So my dear.... do as I do.... reply back to those stupid emails ... and curse them out reallllllll good..... then block the email address and report as spam.... and move on... end of story....
                    Last edited by Queenolu; July 27, 2006, 02:09 AM.
                    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 'i'iwipolena
                      On forums and in chatrooms, the same thing happens to me - people may mistake me for female, especially since I tend to adopt the more 'pretty' Hawaiian usernames, and since the subject of gender never really comes up. Hell, now that it's out there, I might as well add this too: I've always had a thing for black women - Kelly Rolland, Ashanti, Christina Milian, Tyra Banks, Gabrielle Union, Meagan Good ( especially Meagan Good), etc. I could go on and on.

hummmm we know "you all" have a thing for black women.... most just will not come out and admit it...
                      Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        you DO!?
                        OOoohhhh
                        I love it. Black women loving black women.
                        yea.

No Kimo...he is not a woman....
                        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
                          No Kimo...he is not a woman....
                          hehehehehe.

Aloha Queenolu! I'm Auntie Lynn. Welcome to HT.
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hummmm I surely think you got me wrong.....[...]
                            Don't worry about that Queenolu. The rest of us 'get' you. I was waiting for a retort to Manoa's silly post.

Comment

hummmm we know "you all" have a thing for black women.... most just will not come out and admit it...
                              I admit that I have that same "thing" for beautiful women - and my definition of beautiful is not restricted to any particular size, shape, age group or skin color.

But my innamorata, a/k/a the lovely and talented "Alpha Female from Kane`ohe" (referred to in some of my posts) is the only one to receive the full attention of said "thing."

(Is that T.M.I.?)

Comment

videos of "thing". videos of "thing"!

Comment

Working...
                                X