Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horses Killed in Waipio Valley

Originally posted by MadAzza
    And you could swap the term "wild horses" for "people" and it would all still be true.
    Including the part about them attacking his cooler while he was surfing, I bet.

Comment

Wild horses are much like wild pigs. Both aren't native, especially the horses.

One option is to round them up and get them to someone who would appreciate having them.

But if this guy is gonna shoot them, then he should properly butcher the animal, prep the meat, and not just let it rot. A well-placed shot will take one down in a few seconds with very little suffering. The whole process isn't much different from harvesting an elk or moose.

Personally, I'd rather find a way to turn them into the ultimate ATV's in a place where wheeled vehicles don't do too well. It'll cost something to feed them, shoe them, and keep 'em healthy, but it shouldn't be more than a machine with an engine. And the manure can be used as fertilizer.

Comment

I apologize that those of you not in the PNW (which is the majority here) will not be able to read this until it goes on-line in mid-September, but the cover story of the just-on-the-stands Northwest Hawai`i Times August issue is on this very topic. Editor Rochelle delaCruz was back home in Hilo in time to attend community meetings about it, and wrote the piece. I'll post a link when it goes on the website.

Comment

Working...
        X