Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" Season 3

Default "Lost" Season 3

LOST update

From an item at this link regarding the new season of LOST:

"ABC announced that the new season of "Lost" would debut Oct. 4. Good news, right? Well, sort of. After the first six episodes, fans will have to wait three months to see the remainder of the season. At ABC's portion of the summer press tour, network president Stephen McPherson blamed the show's intense production schedule for the delay. "If we could run 22 [episodes] straight in the fall we would. But we just can't get the shows done in that amount of time." In its place, to combat sagging ratings for the show's frequent reruns, the network will run a new Taye Diggs thriller called "Day Break" beginning Nov. 15. The show, a cross between "Memento" and "Groundhog Day," will run for 13 consecutive weeks before relinquishing the 9 p.m. Wednesday timeslot back to "Lost" in February."
    Last edited by mel; July 25th, 2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Title change for thread merge; first post

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Default "Lost" Season 3

This thread is being started to discuss "Lost Season 3". Unlike last season, we'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans now have or will have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

• Record to Your VCR
    • Record to Your Tivo or other DVR device
    • Go to ABC.com "Lost" website to view streaming video*
    • Purchase episode from iTunes Music Store

* assuming ABC resumes flash based streaming.

Season 3 starts in October. You can start discussions by posting news and sightings of film crews, cast and location if you are so lucky to find them shooting.

The only caveat I would recommend.

Use the spoiler tag if you are posting the same day or before the program airs in Hawaii.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by mel; July 25th, 2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: fix typos
    I'm still here. Are you?

Default Re: "Lost" Season 3

I can't say that I am even remotely interested in the third season yet. Frankly, I feel that the creatives have Lost direction and the awful scheduling format for season 3 will see the ratings fall, fall, fall. And I probably won't care.

Among the teeming fan communities I'm familiar with, the two "pod" scheduling is a great relief, and a much appreciated gesture on the part of the network. Even the show's creators had asked for greater continuity with fewer repeats, and say that it was only the fan support and response that made it possible. I'm certainly glad for it. The hodge-podge patchwork of three new, two old, is-it-a-repeat-next-week of last season was a serious pain.

My sense of the second season was that it was weaker than the first, but that's to be expected -- sophomore slump, and all that. I'm still a fan, but one with more realistic expectations.

I wasn't sure what the creators thought, so it was interesting to read and see some of their comments at ComicCon in San Diego, where they concede they went from not enough "mythology" in season one to maybe too much of it in season two... and that they'll again hope to hit the ideal balance in season three.

The level of interaction with and listening to viewers is remarkable. It does make for some missteps -- too many cooks, yada yada yada -- but is overall pretty revolutionary. One wonders just how quickly Twin Peaks would've been snuffed out had it been subject to the same level of collaborative scrutiny and online commentary!

I'm just hoping to catch the occasional shooting in town or two as they get going Aug. 7. And am dearly hoping that they again give Honolulu a one-week advance premiere of the season opener!

Default Lost Virtual Tour

A blurb in the Advertiser notes the launch of The Lost Virtual Tour, yet another meticulous collection of "LOST" filming locations.

So, on top of our sleuthing here, John Fischer's great write-ups, my location list and photo gallery, the "LOST" items in the Filmed in Hawaii site and forthcoming map... comes this entire site dedicated to shooting locations, with a mind-boggling collection of side-by-side photographs matching individual shots in episodes. And there are a number of minor locations I hadn't even thought to look for.

Add in other local fans with blogs or fansite memberships, and there's obviously no shortage of information and obscure details out there, from out here!

This scene was filmed at Remington College Bldg. where I work - it was quite fun to be exposed to the process. Of course, the scene was so short when it aired that if I didn't recognize the Verizon sign over on the corner, I wouldn't have known it was "ours"

[IMG][IMG]Lost_1x14_Corner_Reference.thumb[/IMG][/IMG]

Edit: Well, that didn't work! Anyway, it was Michael's accident scene in Season #1.

Fran

Ryan: get your camera and head out to the sandbar in Kaneohe Bay right now if you want some photos of Jorge Garcia (Hurley) hangin' out. I just sent him out on a friend's boat.
    You needed an excuse to take a day off work, right?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks, Lika. Jorge's a great guy. A fan favorite, in part because he's so friendly toward and open to fans. Even if I could, I wouldn't chase him down on his "off time," since chances to be a fanboy are there when he's in "LOST" mode.

I'm getting sporadic reports of "LOST" shooting activity, from Camp Erdman side to downtown (courtesy Kimo). They've gotta put out six consecutive episodes beginning early October, so no doubt they're all going to be pretty darn busy for the next several weeks.

Are they still using the Xerox building, or have they moved out of there completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Are they still using the Xerox building, or have they moved out of there completely?
    I'm thinking they've left completely. For a while, already, only the carpentry shop remained there, but I think with all the build-out at the Hawaii Film Studio on Diamond Head, all of "LOST" is now in one place, production wise.

A nice update on Season 3 and other 'LOST' affairs in this Advertiser piece, covering the Season 2 DVD release party.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    A nice update on Season 3 and other 'LOST' affairs in this Advertiser piece, covering the Season 2 DVD release party.
    After the first six pix of the photo gallery I had to look to see whether the photographer was male. The camera loves Lilly, doesn't it? She's also got a cover on one of the women's mags advertising her "glam" side. (I saw it at Safeway, dammit! I wasn't looking for it!)

Per the 'tiser:

"...the show's behind-the-scenes chemistry remains in flux with the subtraction of Harold Perrineau..."

Did I miss something before? Is Michael (and I assume Walt as well) officially gone for good? This is the first I recall hearing this.

We see him and his son take off at the end of Season 2, and we can presume his character wouldn't return willingly. Still, as with other departed characters, including the late Libby, it seems clear to me that we haven't neccessarily seen the last of them. Harold is officially not a regular, but that doesn't mean he won't turn up... and the producers have said it's a possibility that he could become a regular again in Season 4.

You can listen to an interview with Harold Perrineau and Malcolm David Kelly, post "sail into the sunset," in the Official LOST Podcast.

ETA: Here are some recent citations...

An Aug. 4 interview with Carlton Cuse in the Boston Globe:
    Q. Was Harold Perrineau (the actor who plays Michael) released from his contract?
    A. Our plan is to get back to Michael's story. I don't want to confirm anything.
    And in a write-up by the Philadelphia Daily News' Ellen Gray:
    We'll also - eventually - see Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) again, he said. "We were interested in exploring what price you would pay to get your son back. The price that Michael paid was so extreme, it didn't seem possible that he could remain a part of this society after what he had done," Cuse said, noting that banishment goes back to the Greeks. "He's been banished from the island, and that to us represented sort of the necessary consequence of his action. It doesn't mean his story is over," he said.
    Last edited by pzarquon; August 16th, 2006 at 04:06 PM.

It will be really interesting to see when and how they do bring Michael back, given his actions of last season. But I was surprised he'd be so quickly banished to even "recurring character" status. I always thought that Walt was seen as "key" to the whole mystery so it seems odd that this element would be removed. But we did see even last season how this would become increasingly problematic to the producers as Malcom David Kelly seemed to have grown about six inches since the crash, which was what, about two months in LOST-time?

Default Good news to all LOST fans out there!

Aloha!....I have good news to all LOST fans out there! My cousin that is a subscriber of TV Guide Magazine told me that the August 28th issue has a CD attached called TV Guide LOST CD-ROM. This is cool guys the CD contains live interview of the cast and creators of the LOST Show and also has a sneak peak of the season 3.
    This is really cool..! I am really excited about the season 3 of LOST!

The Mayor announced the other day that Saturday September 30 Waikiki Sunset on the Beach will be the Hawaii premier of Lost - several days before the October 4 TV season three premiere - complete w Red Carpet star sitings. Remember sitting thru the rain last year? Worth it for the very first public view of The Hatch!

Quote Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
    It will be really interesting to see when and how they do bring Michael back, given his actions of last season. But I was surprised he'd be so quickly banished to even "recurring character" status. I always thought that Walt was seen as "key" to the whole mystery so it seems odd that this element would be removed. But we did see even last season how this would become increasingly problematic to the producers as Malcom David Kelly seemed to have grown about six inches since the crash, which was what, about two months in LOST-time?
    I'm thinking that time goes by differently off the island than on. Maybe it goes by faster off the island? My guess is that Walt will be back as "adult Walt" and everyone will be wondering how that happened, it's only been 6 months since the crash!

Thanks, Kimo, for the official word. I'm glad they're still going to do the advance thing, even with "this little thing called the internet" (as Carlton said last year in asking, in futility, for the audience to not leak spoilers). My family and I were among those that got soaked last year, but it was worth it. (Well, for my wife and I, our kids aren't fans.) We weren't sure how much we loved the show 'til that day, and launched our brief "LOST" podcast career soon afterward. We definitely plan to be there this year as well!

And thanks for the heads up, Amazon Liz. I wonder if the CDROM will be packaged with newsstand copies as well, or if it's a benefit only for subscribers?

Getting sporadic filming activity reports... playground in Palolo Valley, North Shore near Camp Erdman, ol' Kimo55's note about downtown last weekend... Glad to hear they're busy makin' the good stuff! As usual, if you eagle-eyed folks spot a bunch of trailers, drop me a line!

We weren't sure how much we loved the show 'til that day, and launched our brief "LOST" podcast career soon afterward.
    I miss your and Jen's podcast. You alllllllllll everybody.

Thanks, LeiKaina. We miss it too. Seems we're now just as infamous for quitting the show as we were when we were still doing it. If only we all could get paid to do the things we already did for love! And, you know, had 96 hours in a day. It's nice to be remembered so fondly, since in Internet time your 15 minutes is usually 15 nanoseconds.

Of course, we still collaborate with other "LOST" podcasts (and will be putting out a few goodies in the weeks to come), and I coordinate the Lost Podcasting Network, and there's lots of good stuff out there. Lots of "LOST" books coming out, too, a couple of which we've contributed to... still huge fans!
    Last edited by pzarquon; August 18th, 2006 at 11:02 AM.

And, you know, had 96 hours in a day.

96=108-4-8

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo
    The Mayor announced the other day that Saturday September 30 Waikiki Sunset on the Beach will be the Hawaii premier of Lost - several days before the October 4 TV season three premiere - complete w Red Carpet star sitings. Remember sitting thru the rain last year? Worth it for the very first public view of The Hatch!
    Haha I was there last time, it was fun. My parents were completely against going and no one else was free, so I packed up as if going camping and was prepared to catch the bus and go by myself. Then at the very last minute (as I was hiking out the door) thay caved and took me, but they later admitted they had fun. Until the rain started for the entire freaking night, but I was prepared with an umbrella and we secured a spot under the trees (even if everything on the screen was backwards...). We got to watch all the stars leave since we were right against the "aisle" they made, too. I'm soooooo gonna go again

And that mention of Greek banishment just makes me ponder even more about the Simpsonesque four-toed Colossus of Craphole Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ogata
    96=108-4-8
    AHHHHHHHHHHH THE NUMBERS!

In an effort to better organize the discussion of "Lost" I've decided with the suggestion of one of our users, that this "Lost" thread be split. Well not this one exactly as it will continue to go on. But from this post on, let's limit the discussion of "Lost" to anything and everything involving the episodes and storyline itself as it unfurls this season.

This means all of the speculation, the theories, the characters, flashbacks and whatever else that relates to the storyline itself are to be discussed here. Items relating to news (actors were again busted for speeding) and "I took pictures at this new film location", can be discussed at the following link:

"Lost": Season 3 News & Sightings
    http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=9882

With this amendment, the posting guidelines as related to the episodes themselves are once again as follow:

Unlike last season, we'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans now have or will have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:

* Record to Your VCR
    * Record to Your Tivo or other DVR device
    * Go to ABC.com "Lost" website to view streaming video
    * Purchase episode from iTunes Music Store

Discussion on Season 1 & 2 episodes are still open.

"Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

"Lost" The Second Season DVD - for discussion of the 2nd season DVD release.

"Lost" The First Season DVD - If Season 1 needs further discussion, put it here.

The reason why i am doing this is to keep this thread solely for discussion of the 23 episodes this coming season. The thread will probably wane for a few weeks until the first 6 episodes air later this year and then go on hiatus until February. ABC promises 17 consecutive, new episodes starting in February 2007.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast