"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 3

Heh. That's a detail I wouldn't have caught! I imagine the prop guy just wanted a fish that'd look good on screen. How distinctive is it? I mean, if it's known only in Hawaiian waters, it'd also be an inadvertent "clue" as to the location of the island.

As for the hotel where Jin confronted Jae, it definitely isn't the "Seoul Gateway" hotel from Season 2. Looked a bit like the Ala Moana Hotel, actually.

Comment

I wonder how much time has pass between the end of Jae and Sun's affair to the time on the island?

I am kind of wondering if Jae might be the father of Sun's child? And since Jin didn't kill Jae who did kill him? I doubt it the guy commited suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        How distinctive is it? I mean, if it's known only in Hawaiian waters, it'd also be an inadvertent "clue" as to the location of the island.
        It is beautiful fish and taste ono. It is a deepwater fish found in tropical waters. In Hawaii, they are hard to catch due to overfishing, 100-150 fathoms deep you gotta go. In other areas, don't have to go down so deep, but a bottomfish nonetheless. Try look at the prices for whole fish around the holidays.

It is always nice to know a fisherman, especially one with a boat.
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          And since Jin didn't kill Jae who did kill him? I doubt it the guy commited suicide.
          I think he jumped on his own accord. The pearls give it away. Whether they "did it" or not is irrelevant in his death. Jae was busted by dad, husband just beat the crap out of him, he had little choice. That "asian honor" thing.
          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

I doubt it the guy commited suicide.
            Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
            I think he jumped on his own accord. The pearls give it away. Whether they "did it" or not is irrelevant in his death. Jae was busted by dad, husband just beat the crap out of him, he had little choice. That "asian honor" thing.
            I agree with nachodaddy. Better to end one's life than to live with a lifetime of humiliation.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Definitely suicide, though I don't know if Mr. Paik knows that. As for paternity of Sun's child? Well, it was the big question mark when an affair was hinted at last season, and last night's episode seems to make Jay's daddy-hood a distinct possibility. What's more likely? That the island healed Jin's infertility (as Rose and Locke might suspect, if they knew)? Or that Sun was knocked up by the bald guy?

We'll know if the baby comes out bald, goes the joke. But since only 69 days have passed in two years, we still won't know for sure until season eight!

Comment

A few things..... they have been on the island about 69 days right? Well if Sun was knocked up by the bald guy she would have to be pushing 3 months pregnant and in the final stages of morning sickness one would assume. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt morning sickness end after the first trimester?? Hey I've got two boys but I didnt give birth to them so I wouldnt know!

The re-appearence of The French Woman's daughter (some think) who knows Sawyer's failed escapee buddy, "Chachi" from the other cage.

When I heard Ben telling Jack what had happened in current events while on the island, that the Red Sox had won the World Series, George W. Bush was re-elected, I chuckled to think could Jack be laughing and disbelieving that
                Bush was elected again??

I also wonder with this new twist of Ben claiming to send Jack home (and I'm sure he'll offer it to other people) is that the new way to get rid of castmembers instead of killing them off in the past?

I was really hoping Ben would show us Michael and Walt reaching the California shoreline and walking about free society once again, because they were told not to tell anyone where they had been, not that anyone would believe them either.....

Lastly you can confirm that the building Jae fell to his death is the Hawaii Prince Hotel because it was filmed on 9/6/06 while several of us Niketown Running Club members saw the live taping of these scenes.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  I was really hoping Ben would show us Michael and Walt reaching the California shoreline and walking about free society once again, because they were told not to tell anyone where they had been, not that anyone would believe them either.....
                  Michael's incentive not to tell anybody about his knowledge of the island is the fact that he had killed two people to get Walt back and a way off the island. He would be in serious legal trouble if he did, assuming of course their way back to the outside world doesn't generate any kind of press.

Comment

True and knowing Ben he probably has video footage of Michael shooting Ana Lucia and Libby as well. But how can you be arrested or put on trial for murder if bodies are never recovered?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Lots of questions, as usual, but the one that immediately struck me was "when did Sayid kill a polar bear?" Charlie said that had happened, but I don't remember it. Anybody got a pointer to the episode in the previous seasons when that took place?
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Assuming the statement is not in error since it was Sawyer who killed the polar bear in the 2nd episode of the first season (and Charlie with Sayid was there too), then it might be hinting at an event of a future episode where Sayid actually kills the polar bear.

What I don't get is how come the polar bear didn't kill Mr. Eko.

Then again since station 3 imploded, how come Locke, Eko and Desmond ended away from the site instead of being in the hole in the ground where station 3 used to be? Unless:

Station 3 didn't implode, it went to some other place or time.

Well nice to see Boone in the episode. I wonder what the odds are of seeing Eddie in somebody else's flashback in some other episode.

Comment

As usual, our detailed response to "Further Instructions" is posted here. After two episodes grounded in reality, this one stayed heavily in mystical, metaphorical territory. Some folks live this stuff, some don't. But, the old Locke is back, and it's clear he's stepping in to fill the leadership role Jack has left.

The biggest question raised, I think, is... what happened to Desmond. He remembered Locke's speech about rescuing Jack, Kate and Sawyer before Locke made it. And when Locke did make the speech, he wasn't there to hear it.

The airport flashback was a neat tour of the characters and their current predicaments. It was fun to see the end result of the filming activity I watched at the Convention Center a month ago.

And, of course, fun to see the Mililani Mauka lychee farm. We saw the Dodge truck, but not the crushed trailer.

Interestingly, the official synopsis for tonight's episode said that Paulo and Nikki would be introduced by being discovered snoggling in Jack's tent by Claire. Instead, they're mentioned as the episode ends, as an afterthought. As new character introductions go, these two were definitely the most awkward so far.

Comment

Anybody see Nightline Tuesday night? Jake Tapper sat down with the "Lost" directors/producers. Transcript here.
                            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

So far I'm loving this season and it had nothing to do with Boone being back for an episode and Desmond being naked. Ok, well maybe that helps to bias me, a tad.

I'm being a good girl and not getting all niele for information and spoilers and you know what? I'm enjoying the show so much more. LOVE IT!

Oh and PZ, on your site that person who connected the tree comment to Dom's Merry character on LOTR had me cracking up. I didn't even think about that, hilarious!
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Where have I seen that guy Eddie before? Has the character already shown up in LOST? Or has that actor previously been on another show? He looks so familiar!

Comment

Working...
                                X