"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

My brain just exploded from all the answers.

Oh and the new questions. AHHH
    Last edited by Kelly0040; March 7, 2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I thought the flashback sequence was kind of weak for tonight's episode (3/7/07) but the main story with Sayid, Locke and Kate added more questions to what's going on with the island.

The person who they captured said he was on the island for 11 years so he has been on the island since 1993.

And what is the secert of the Others (or The Hostiles) such that they would die to protect from the Oceanic 814 people?

At least now they have some sort of map that details the cable system of the island.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
        My brain just exploded from all the answers.
        Mine, too. So the Others and the Hostiles are one and the same? And they've been only living in and as the DHARMA Initiative recently, after the "purge"? I might be out of my mind, but I have a guess as to the general direction of the show for the next few months... detailed, of course, as part of the regular review of the episode my wife and I do.

Danielle is turning out to be the real mystery.

I actually thought the flashback was pretty good. Simple, but a showcase for Naveen. Yeah, we knew he did it, and that he may even break, but it was handled well, IMHO.

Comment

So I guess there must be a group of DHARMA Initiative people that had survived the purge living some where else on the island. Maybe Mikhail used to be with DHARMA and then changed sides.

Comment

I liked tonight's episode. My wife wasn't as impressed. The Jack-Claire connection has been suspected since "Two For the Road" when Christian Shepherd went to Australia to confront Lindsay about a daughter. I'm glad they did that reveal in the middle of the episode, and saved the real head scratcher for the end - Jack all chummy with the Others!

And while this was a Claire episode, it was really a Locke episode. Turns out blowing up The Flame wasn't a big whoopsie. He's got a plan. A great setup for next week.

Claire's letter to the outside world was a nice "grounding" moment, to put the whole place back into perspective.

Our thoughts in greater detail.

Now it's time for... "LOST" location spotting!

Claire's accident was at the Chevron gas station near Kahala Mall (corner of 21st Avenue and Waialae Ave.). You can see the viaduct overhead (the east end of H-1). They reversed the film to get right-hand drive. She and Anthony Cooper had coffee inside Kahala Mall. Claire was treated for her injuries at Kahuku Hospital. And her tattoo parlor was near Kemo'o Farms Pub on Wilikina Drive near Funston Road (it's really a tattoo parlor).

Did I miss any?
            Last edited by pzarquon; March 14, 2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

You mean Christian Shepard not Anthony Cooper. Yeah having Christian Shepard admitting that he was Claire's dad wasn't a real shocker and the fact that Claire doesn't know his name doesn't make Claire aware that she is Jack's half-sister.

So the event that happen 2 weeks ago that Mikhail mentioned that would be the time that the Swan station went missing right?

Interesting that sonic fence only effected Mikhail and not the rest of the gang who was close by.

Seeing Jack play catch with Tom sure made a twist ending through.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                I liked tonight's episode. My wife wasn't as impressed. The Jack-Claire connection has been suspected since "Two For the Road" when Christian Shepherd went to Australia to confront Lindsay about a daughter.
                Maybe my memory is spotty. Is Claire's mother still alive and comatose at the time of the crash of Flight 815? Or is she dead now?

Now it's time for... "LOST" location spotting!
                What about the shoreline where Desmond found the seabird? I don't think that was on the Ka Iwi coast. My guess is the North Shore -- Pupukea, or somewhere similar, but I'm not sure.

Comment

I re-watched the episode tonight. Claire's mother didn't pass away in the episode but while Claire mentions that she is going to give away the baby she didn't say that she was going to Los Angeles to give it away so that scene have may taken place a few weeks before she left.

However I am thinking that maybe Claire's mother did pass away and this what prompts Christian to come to Australia.

Anyway the spoiler below is my take on Danielle Rousseau.

There is a question that Danielle is a member of Ben Linus's group. In the season 2 episode One of Them Danielle shoots Ben with a crossbow bolt, yet in every other episode that Danielle has been in she carries a rifle. Why switch to the crossbow unless it was a way to make it look good in front of Sayid.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                    Maybe my memory is spotty. Is Claire's mother still alive and comatose at the time of the crash of Flight 815? Or is she dead now?
                    I don't think she's dead, or wasn't when Claire left. But it has caused some confusion given her statement in Season 1 when she told her boyfriend that her mother would disown her. Kinda hard to do in a coma.

Claire's departure, on the verge of an emotional breakthrough with her mother, echoes that of Hurley and his dad and Ana Lucia and her mom (if not others)... unfinished business, left at, "When I get back..."
                    What about the shoreline where Desmond found the seabird?
                    You're right. Forgot that one. It reminded me of the cove where Desmond had hidden his boat in Season 2. I'm trying to call up a screencap at Lost-Media.com, but it's down at the moment.

Comment

You're right. Forgot that one. It reminded me of the cove where Desmond had hidden his boat in Season 2. I'm trying to call up a screencap at Lost-Media.com, but it's down at the moment.
                      This location really has me baffled. It's not China Walls or Portlock. I explored them pretty extensively last October. The geography looks like something in that area though. I haven't been down to the bottom of the cover near the blowhole, though. The geography also would work for one of the areas near Yokohama Beach.

Comment

The Lost-Media.com gallery is back up. Here are a couple of big photos of the shoreline. It seems so familiar... past Makapu'u?

Comment

The Lost-Media.com gallery is back up. Here are a couple of big photos of the shoreline. It seems so familiar... past Makapu'u?
                          Hang on, what's that in the second photo? In the center background, there's a vertical post sticking up from the rocks -- what is that? It seems like something that should be recognizable...

Comment

The first shot is roach cove...the 2nd?

Comment

Totally loved tonight's episode. The look on Danielle's face just about brought me to tears.

I'm tempted to go watch it again intead of sleeping.

Comment

Locke falling 8 floors and surviving it. And being in the wheelchair for 4 years, them numbers again!

Did notice that Ben's fridge did have Dharma stuff inside of it, so I guess every so often they get air drops.

Of course I have to wonder why the Others had to gag and tie Locke's dad? And how did he get on the island?

Comment

Working...
                                X