"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

There's something that's been bothering me for a while. When Sayid, Jin, and Sun went to go get Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Hurley... last I saw of them, Sun had just shot someone. Then, there were scenes at the Others' facility of them bringing back the woman who Sun shot. But what happened to Sun and friends?? Next thing I knew, they were back at the beach. Did the Others completely leave them alone? How come there's no story, or even a brief explanation, of how they got from Point A (Sun shooting that woman) to Point B (back on the beach)?

Did I miss a scene?

Comment

Glen from Lostpedia
      "Sun, Jin, and Sayid set a trap at the Pala Ferry, and Sun was confronted by Colleen, who told Sun that the Others are not the enemy, and that Sun is not a killer. Nevertheless, Sun shot Colleen, mortally wounding her, and then fell out of the sailboat and into the ocean when Tom fired two shots at her. Jin carried Sun back to shore, and the Others sailed away in their stolen boat. ("The Glass Ballerina")

After they returned to camp, Sun took care of Aaron when Claire went to swim in the ocean. However, when Claire did not come back, Desmond ran to the water and rescued her, moments before she drowned to death. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes") "

Comment

Last week highlights said this week's episode will answer three burning questions of the series.

If I had to guess:

1) What Jack's tatoos say
        2) What happen to the people taken from the tail section
        3) What Ethan truely did

By the way saw Ryan on KITV 10pm News after Lost.

Comment

In the latest official podcast, Lindeloff and Cuse both rolled their eyes at the "three big answers" pitch that ABC put together for this episode. Whatever the answers were, they weren't what the show's creators were focused on.

Anyway. Tonight's episode. Jen and I again detail our thoughts on our blog. Not the strongest episode this season, that's for sure. Jack's a "lonely leader" (is the larger plan finding a successor for Ben?), Jack and Juliet are getting friendly, Kate loves Jack and Sawyer knows, and Alex and Karl are star-crossed lovers. The Others have a legal system of some kind (and capital punishment), and they find Alcatraz as dreadful as our survivors do.

But compared to last week's episode, a bit flat. And next week's episode will reportedly be a rare foray into some "lighter moments" -- which could either work great (like the occasional funny X-Files episode), or be a disaster.

It was neat to finally see the Thailand set (Fort Street) on screen. And the digitally inserted islands crowding Rabbit Island on the Waimanalo horizon!

Comment

The whole "Jack's tattoo" thing didn't hang together. So this Achara woman is some sort of native psychic tattooist? Right. And she's supposed to be Thai... but she tattoos Jack with magical Chinese characters? I suppose I could do the fanboy thing and create a complicated retcon to explain that she's part of a supernatural overseas Chinese community in Thailand, etc etc, but it's not worth my time. I'm just disappointed that the writers didn't even bother to keep their Asian cultures straight. If they wanted a mystic Chinese tattoo story, then they should have just set the whole thing in China. Hong Kong would have worked. Why in the world did they decide to use Phuket, other than that it's a place lots of Americans would know?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
              Why in the world did they decide to use Phuket, other than that it's a place lots of Americans would know?
              'Cuz it's a place where lots of people worldwide go to "escape" their own lives? 'Cuz it conjures a similar parallel setting to the island Jack's currently on? Best guess: 'Cuz it could be shot cheap on the beach on the Windward side with the quick construction of a few bamboo huts and some post-production CGI islands in the background.

I agree though; the flashback story was kind of off to me. The Achara character was ill-conceived and poorly acted. But I may be biased; I am not a Bai Ling fan! I can't understand how she continues to get work when there are many better, and more attractive Asian actresses out there!

Comment

I don't think she is bad looking, but I agree there are many more attractive Asian actresses, but maybe Bai Ling just fit the odd, quirky role they needed to fill. Is it me or did Bai Ling get a boob job??

KalihiBoy

Comment

Bai Ling may be a B- or even C-list actress (or perhaps lower), but quirky and sorta-famous enough to get some attention/publicity for Lost, as already seen here on HT.
                  I strongly advise folks to watch the upcoming episodes carefully, as you just never know who you might see in either a speaking role or just a cameo; perhaps even in partial disguise. Some very very big stars have been on the set in the past couple of months.
                  Last edited by LikaNui; February 23, 2007, 05:01 PM. Reason: Typo. Meant PAST couple of months but had typed BEST. [/self slapping]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I enjoyed this ep. Not a big fan of Bai Ling but it was a pleasant surprise to see her again....like, "Hey, you're still working!"

LikaNui, I'm taking your advice and will keep my eyes on Lost.
                    Lovena

Comment

This episode was fun and we got more information on Hurley's background. The car was cool and the theme song "Shambala" by Three Dog Night is one of my favorites from the 1970s.

I was wondering when "Delenn" was going to return.....

Good episode.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Flashback stuff concerning Hurley. Seeing a Mr. Cluck store getting hit by a meteor. Cheech Marin as Hurley's long lost dad.

Back on the island, Kate and Sawyer make it back to the camp. Vincent finds something that leads Hurley to an overturned VW van.

Hurley grabs Jin to work on the VW van, then Sawyer joins in and then later Charlie joins in.

Then we have Sawyer teaching Jin English while the both of them drinking beer.

I am suprised that gas in the VW van was still there after all this time.

Comment

A fun episode. I liked it a lot. Any episode that brought us back to our old friends on the beach would've been good, but the fact that it was Hurley centric and showcased Jorge Garcia's comic talents was great. Cheech Marin was a nice touch, and he played Hurley's dad in a wonderfully understated way, again giving Jorge most of the spotlight.

Sure, there were no big answers revealed (except Danielle's much belated realization that Alex is still around, something we've known for months), no big pieces of the puzzle (save, perhaps, the map with a road with serious switchbacks), and more clever lines than you can count. But it was a fun ride, and the overriding theme of "hope" hopefully applies to where "LOST" goes from here.

As usual, Jen and I posted our take online.

Comment

From the last few episodes, there is a hint that something happened a few years that has trapped the people on the island. Say maybe around 2001 or so.

Juliet has been on the island since that time. Tom mentions something about the sky turning purple (doesn't say when). While it has been mention that Ethan was a surgeon, having Jack fall from the sky was a miracle for Ben. Desmond probally came on the island around that time. And last night's episode finding the VW van it may have crashed around that time frame.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Breechcraft also crashed during that time too.

Comment

mistakenly posted this in the Lost sightings thread...

anybody see last night's episode? i'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out which steep hillside was used to kickstart that van.

by the way, i think it's great that they used the classic beach VW wagon...it's so vintage Hawaii...

Comment

I loved Sawyer drinkin with skeletor. Made me choke on popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                                X