Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3

Originally posted by LarryPrice View Post
    Kevin's character was named Roy DeSoto and his partner, played by Randy Mantooth, was John Gage.
    Thanks for the answer!

Comment

What a scary episode but I suspect Niki and Paulo deserve their fate. As far as Charlie and Sawyer's standing in the group since Charlie confessed to Sun about the kidnapping of her last season.

Comment

Oh, god, there were so many things wrong with tonight's episode. I'll bet it's Exhibit A on many critic's "Jump the Shark" card. But I loved it. Absolutely loved it. Filler, yes. But campy and delicious. Like the occasional episode of "X Files" that broke form and had a little fun, this one just kept me gasping and chuckling for the clever twists, and knowing winks.

It was especially nice to see some familiar faces. And as recreations of previous scenes go, they were done quite well. From the airport to the crash to Jack's speech on the beach... it was like a warm retrospective of seasons past, and a nice way to reinforce -- in little ways -- that there is a larger plan.

Boone looking for a pen? Wonderful. But the bathroom scene in the Pearl Station? Brilliant. And I'm certain, now, that that bizarre moment so many episodes ago was put in deliberately to set up a moment exactly like tonight's.

And c'mon. Billy Dee!

Locations? Well, Club 939 for the strip club. The Convention Center seems a safe bet. But the dead director's house? No clue.

Comment

I had a really hard time watching this episode. I'm not a fan of watching folks being buried alive, but I kinda hope they stay dead. They got what they deserved.

Found out a few important things, most importantly, Sun found out the truth (which has always bugged me). But the Ben thing, I guess, wasn't all that surprising for me.

WET GIRL FIGHT INCOMING!

Comment

Gaaaahhh!

The ending was very Serpent and the Rainbow. Cool and creepy! Doesn't really matter if Nikki & Paulo stay buried, since we don't have that much time and emotion invested in these characters. Even Sawyer was all, "Who are these people?"

So I thought it was nice that they threw us some cameos of old friends and faces. Getting some closure on the Charlie/Sun incident was good, too.

Hard to top "Man from Tallahassee", but this was good.

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
            WET GIRL FIGHT INCOMING!
            Razzle Dazzle!

Comment

Our traditional post-episode commentary is now online.

I'm really looking forward to listening to the first fan podcasts out after "Expose." The love/hate debate's going to be great.

Comment

Whoa, twisted ending. I love <3

Pretty good episode for being based around two characters I can't stand. Kind of underwhelmed at Sun finding out the truth...next week looks rockin' though, nya~

Hasta la pasta Nina and Pablo.
                myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

• Re: &quot;Lost&quot; Season 3

didja see the "dangerous" spiders in last night's episode. i don't know what their scientific names are but i'm pretty sure they were the yellow and black garden spiders i used to find around all around my grandma's house on maui. they're all over the place and so not poisonous.

but hey, at least they're using local talent instead of some mainland spiders!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    I'll bet it's Exhibit A on many critic's "Jump the Shark" card.
                    Why would this episode be considered "Jumping the Shark"? All the stuff that happen in this epsiode didn't break any new ground. Of course I did thought to my self that Nikki brought the farm kind of early in the episode, one flashback and poof dead before the starting credits.

Comment

I enjoyed this ep....Hurley's conning Sawyer was sweet....and what change to see Sawyer so "nice" to everyone.

Anyone know what gas station was was used in this ep? How about the apartment that Kate's mom was at?

Like Sayid, I'm very suspicious about Juliet and don't think she should go back with them. Her being left behind is all a plan for her to spy on the Losties, but heck, I'm just a viewer so I'll go along with it.

So where do you suppose Locke and the Others have gone to?
                      Lovena

Comment

I noticed some of Sawyer's nicknames are characters from Happy Days and Brady Bunch, obvious ABC shows, though he did mention something about the A-Team in last week's episode which was an NBC show. The trailer for tonight's show has Juliet and Kate fighting in the mud which kind of gave me 80's flashbacks to the Alexis and Krystal mudbath fights on Dynasty, another ABC series.

KalihiBoy

Comment

oh so scandalous! I ain't buyin' Juliet being left for a second.

Comment

I think Hurley's trying to con Sawyer to do a good deed made for a fun and light hearted moment. Now if Sawyer could somehow make amends with Sun, his life would get better.

So Juilet has never heard about the smoke monster but knows enough that the fence protects the Other's housing from it. However the monster is not smart enough to travel above the fence even through it can uproot trees and travel some feet above the ground.

Comment

Jen and I blog our thoughts here. As an experiment, she avoided spoilers and snarky fans, and I really think it enhanced her enjoyment of tonight's episode.

"I don't like... blankets."

Locations, anyone? The gas station is on Old Fort Weaver Road (and isn't even a gas station in real life). Was the bar Kate and Cassidy talked in Kemoo Pub? If so, that'd be right next door to Claire's tattoo parlor. And the restaurant where Diane worked looked so familiar... right down to those purple chairs. Diane's house? No clue. Palolo Valley was one guess. Anyone?

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if the smoke monster either
                                • Are two different things. One that looks like black smoke and tends to hurt (and/or kill) people and a second one that we haven't seen yet that doesn't hurt people.
                                • alternates between nice and bad. One day it's nice and the next day it's bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X