"Lost" Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 3

If you saw the recent War of the Worlds movie, he was the son, Robbie. Hasn't been in any other episode of Lost to my knowledge. Although I do think that Eddie has a good chance of coming back again in someone else's flashback.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Excerpted from my blog (spoilers over there):

And that advanced the story just how?
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

In tonight's episode Ben says that they haven't killed anybody but Ethan threaten to kill the Oceanic 815 people during Claire's return and someone did kill Scott over that incident.

I am confused what Ben was showing Sawyer in the end. Are there two islands?

Comment

My wife and I chime in with our thoughts. We certainly weren't as dissatisfied as Link! If you want to talk episodes that don't move things tangibly forward, Locke's voodoo story last week would be a total waste. But we liked it anyway, and this one too.

Well, we could've done without yet another Nekkid Kate scene. Two out of four episodes so far. Please. And Paulo? Just Arzt him and move on. We don't need no stinkin' new survivors.

Sawyer's backstory was simple, but not worthless. So he conned his way into jail, and then back out of it. Clementine, though... as much as we're supposed to appreciate that Sawyer indeed does have a heart (mirrored on the island in Ben's lecture on the cliff), I'm pretty sure the Cassidy storyline isn't over, and that Sawyer's daughter is just another con that Cassidy pulled on him.

And as for Jack? I think it's significant that we learned that what the Others may have wanted out of Jack all along may have just been help for someone's spinal condition. Seems a far more practical (or selfish) objective than some of the bigger, more sinister possibilities so far speculated.

And my question is, was Jack's talent singled out post-crash during surveillance, or perhaps actually well before the crash? Juliet mentions that she was a fertility doctor, and we know Sarah (Jack's ex-wife) may have had fertility issues. If Sarah was once Juliet's patient as a doctor, and Juliet later found herself in a decimated DHARMA program needing a spinal surgeon, perhaps the lightbulb went off. "You know, this patient of mine had an ex-husband..." Okay, it's a stretch. But what isn't on this show?

Yes, Helen, the implication is there are two islands (so far). The "main island," the one we know and love, home of the hatch, The Pearl, the Others' suburban enclave, the Black Rock, and so on, and now The Hydra, on an island twice the size of Alcatraz. The show has been very coy, actually, about showing an overview of the "main island," so not only is it probably much larger than originally thought (the only explanation for no one having seen The Hydra island, even from Desmond's borrowed boat), but it may not really be an island at all.

The assertion that they don't kill is an interesting one, though. (Especially coupled with the preview for next week.) The Others we know certainly threaten and manipulate, but it seems murder is a clear line they don't want to cross. Now, it's been thought early on that there are actually two groups of Others. Ben, Juliet, Tom, Danny and friends... and another group. Hence Ben's assertion of being the "good guys" -- perhaps relative to another faction on the island? Recall Tom made reference to "the hostiles" in the Season 2 finale, and since we now know he was part of the Others group we know, it seems there is indeed someone else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            And Paulo? Just Arzt him and move on. We don't need no stinkin' new survivors.
            Arzt him? Is this akin to redshirts on Star Trek? In any event the good doctor was at least in two episodes, made a trek to the middle of the island and was in some flashback scenes. Paulo needs some screen time before being Arzt, other wise he would be another Scott or Joanne.

Yes, Helen, the implication is there are two islands (so far). The "main island," the one we know and love, home of the hatch, The Pearl, the Others' suburban enclave, the Black Rock, and so on, and now The Hydra, on an island twice the size of Alcatraz. The show has been very coy, actually, about showing an overview of the "main island," so not only is it probably much larger than originally thought (the only explanation for no one having seen The Hydra island, even from Desmond's borrowed boat), but it may not really be an island at all.
            Alcatraz isn't very big to begin with, it might be roughly the size of Ford Island. So Hydra island/station might be a floating construct to look like an island?

The assertion that they don't kill is an interesting one, though. (Especially coupled with the preview for next week.) The Others we know certainly threaten and manipulate, but it seems murder is a clear line they don't want to cross. Now, it's been thought early on that there are actually two groups of Others. Ben, Juliet, Tom, Danny and friends... and another group. Hence Ben's assertion of being the "good guys" -- perhaps relative to another faction on the island? Recall Tom made reference to "the hostiles" in the Season 2 finale, and since we now know he was part of the Others group we know, it seems there is indeed someone else out there.
            I thought Desmond was the one who said "hostiles"? I wonder if the late Nathan in the tail section is from this group? A couple of other things that got me wondering, Ben's group doesn't seem to mention of the island's security system or have we seen Cindy in the work gang breaking up rocks with Kate and Sawyer.

Comment

I'm not sure which "Lost" thread this should go in, but.... does anyone here know anything about this site?

http://www.hansolegal.com

Other "Lost" domains (like oceanic-air.com and hansofoundation.com) were created over year ago, but this one is less than 2 months old. Is it an "official" site?
              Last edited by zff; November 1, 2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

All I have to say about this episode is, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

After I get over the ending then I'll think about how I feel about the rest of the stuff that happened. *sob*
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                  After I get over the ending then I'll think about how I feel about the rest of the stuff that happened. *sob*
                  Er, yeah. Quite a surprise.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Not happy ): But I can't believe how close of a match they did with Echo's childhood. Those eyes!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My rambly, grumpy thoughts are here.
                      Jen liked it. I didn’t. I can’t think of another episode of “LOST” where our opinions so clearly diverged. Jen felt the show was finally putting out after playing hard to get for so long, and liked that nagging questions were finally addressed. I thought the whole episode was awkwardly paced, poorly written, and amounted to an embarassing stumble in what has otherwise been a surprisingly strong season. Yes, some very big reveals were served up, and for those starved for answers, “The Cost of Living” was probably filling. I just wish it could be more filet mignon, and less Big Mac.
                      I'm a fan of this show, but this episode really disappointed me. I realize there may have been other reasons why Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) had to leave so suddenly, but there were lots of other things that just bugged me.

And when a show starts telling us that an upcoming episode will be the "best episode ever"? I start seeing Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons and cringing.

Comment

Tonight's episode seems to suggest that the so called security system seems to mimck dead people. Perhaps this is how Jack's late dad was running around the island early on.

What doesn't make sense is if Ben has a tumor on his spine why did he risk going out to the Oceanic 815 camp to find Jack. Also if Juliet doesn't like Ben she could simply let him die.

And it seems that there is yet another group on the island. Perhaps the bad guys Others.

Oh yeah, Paulo seems to be the type of character that should be Artzed! But more than likey Niki might be first.

Comment

tonight's episode made me mad. but it may have answered some of the "hallucinations" people have had.

i dont like those two new people. i have a feeling they'll end up killing someone we love. just kill them off already plz

juliet is just as conniving as ben, but i enjoyed the cue card scene. i can't help but think this is just another longgggg connnnnnnnnnn . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                            juliet is just as conniving as ben, but i enjoyed the cue card scene. i can't help but think this is just another longgggg connnnnnnnnnn . .
                            Ahhhhh yes...the old "Con You by Admitting That We Were Conning You Trick!" I wouldn't trust Ben OR Juliet or anyone else in their camp.

As for the two new survivors, maybe it's the awkward, abrupt way they were sprung on us with no backstory or introduction, as though they'd been there the whole time and we already knew them, but I also find them very annoying. I'd rather spend more time with Claire, Charlie, Hurley, Sayid and the rest. And have any of you noticed that these two newcomers seem a lot like reincarnations of Boone and Shannon, or is it just me?

Back to lurking...
                            No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Well sooner or later there would be a backstory for Paulo and/or Niki but somehow you gotta have them have more screen time.

I am suprised that Desmond didn't point out guy in the orientation tape in the Pearl.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Eko is the only one that we got to see what he was seeing before he died? He didn't repent but yet he saw quite the happy vision in the end.

And it looked a lot like Kate and Sawyer getting it on in that glimpse we saw on the preview. Hope neither of them get shot, especially Sawyer. But then again it seems that only single men get to have sex and live to tell the tale. You'd think with how much those others like babies they'd find a way to get these sexually active women to live.
                                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                                X