Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,246 of 1246

Thread: Rail Transit

Lightbulb Re: Rail Transit

And the hits just keep on coming...

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Default Re: Rail Transit

The biggest mistake of the 21st century continues to suck more money out of our pocket. Sad indeed.
    I'm still here. Are you?

I think the basic design of the rail is good and will be needed in the not too distant future. The management of this project is another story.
    The reoccurring mistake both city and state make is to think there is no need for an environmental impact statement for their project. After the court challenge it is much more expensive to do the EIS then it would have to do it first. But they don’t learn.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    Ayn Rand

Lightbulb Re: Rail Transit

For those who truly want the gory details of how all this happened, State of Hawai‘i Auditor Les Kondo gives us an inside look. There will be much more to come.

But first...

Audit of the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation: Report 1

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...-break-budget/

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. What would happen if Caldwell was built by Geppetto?

Since the days of Mayor Fasi, who wanted the rail system for the commercial income, it had been voted down until Caldwell (from what I understand). Why? Traffic alleviation? So was HRT, right? Has traffic lessened? I know it could be worse and getting there by waking super early to avoid the morning rush hour traffic. Is the increasing construction costs and delays worth the benefit? The outer islands are paying in part for Oahu's mass transit. Is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    For whatever reason, I cannot reactivate my FB account. After sending 3 emails of inquiry, still no response. Sorry, this has nothing to do with the Thread, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    The outer islands are paying in part for Oahu's mass transit. Is that fair?
    Yes, since Oahu is paying for a lot of the outer islands infrastructure and programs for which they get no benefit.

I favor banning all internal combustion engine vehicles on Oahu starting with Honolulu. Traffic should be limited to walking, bicycles, and golf carts........and mass transit.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950