Starbulletin Boo Boo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbulletin Boo Boo's

I think maddie was having one of her days... If I remember that initial exchange... she was more p.o.ed and that someone was addressing her personally...

I never addressed mine with any... "can someone please pass this along" tag...

I just addressed the issue...and have laughed about it.

I could really care less if it gets fixed or not! I'm just a reader that likes to poke fun at others mistakes... BECAUSE I MAKE SO MANY MYSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
      Yeah, I wondered exactly the same thing, Ryan. First a complaint that an item was posted here and not sent directly to the paper (which it actually was), and now a thanks for sending one here so they can notify the paper.
      It was not a "complaint that an item was posted here." Please don't try to make me sound like a b**** in this case. There are other times when it is fair to so accuse me; this was not one of them.

My post was a suggestion that rather than expecting a Star-Bulletin employee to pass along a message to MidWeek, you do it yourself. Let me emphasize this: I don't work at MidWeek. If you will read what I actually wrote in that other post, perhaps you will see what I was trying to say, rather than getting offended and taking it personally.

These are two different situations. How can anyone think they are the same? If there is some kind of error or problem with starbulletin.com, I'm happy to pass it along. I work at the Star-Bulletin.

(Apparently it's not fixed yet anyway!)

If I can't post even a helpful suggestion without people taking it out of context and getting pissed off at me, then I don't know what to do. Give up, I guess. But I've tried quitting HT, and I keep getting called back by its siren song.

Oh, and LikaNui? I'm having a problem with my checking account statement. Please notify Bank of Hawaii for me. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        Now we just need to wait for Blaine to wake up and go to work.
        That will be a while. Our tiny Web staff works late at night.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

That will be a while. Our tiny Web staff works late at night.

Comment

Mad rocks?

Comment

Mad's mad!

Er, sorry. Was just poking a little fun. Surely the scenarios are quite different, but the similarities were also too tempting to not point out.

Interesting that the SB web team is a PM operation. That breaking news can be posted in the morning, then, must mean an automated system of some kind... and that fixing static published pages requires some hands-on TLC. But what skilled and talented hands those are.

Comment

Yeah... just checked... and I really didn't care!

However, it is now fixed. Mr. Burlingham... I'm wondering if you guys need to hire on some more staff to Cover updated things.

Honestly... that is one of the reasons why I check the Advertisers site first... is they seem to have more frequent updates throughout the day...

And as we have just seen today... Things can happen during the day...and/or maybe you should pay Blaine more for the hardwork he does and the Cr@p he takes when other people should have had it correct before it even got to him.

Cheers though! It was entertaining! And I'm sure the majority of your online readers have long read todays news and are now at home for the day doing other things....

(might I add though... you do have an excellent staff!)

Comment

Manoa, if you don't even know how much someone makes, how do you know he/she "deserves" more?

You are making a whole bunch of weird assumptions in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Mad's mad!

Er, sorry. Was just poking a little fun. Surely the scenarios are quite different, but the similarities were also too tempting to not point out.

Interesting that the SB web team is a PM operation. That breaking news can be posted in the morning, then, must mean an automated system of some kind...
                    The city editors can and do post breaking news items. It's not "automated."

And I'm not mad, dammit!!!

Comment

I was kidding in a way...and I think all you guys deserve raises no matter how much you make.

I find it odd that the people above me don't really know what I do and get paid twice as much as me.

As technology moves along...the older generation is not able to use the tools that us youngsters are able to use sometimes.... however, do to their time in the State...they have earned their respective pay! However, it's still unfair in the amount of work some of us are able to produce compared to others. For instance I was asked to produce a quarterly powerpoint presentation... took me about a half hour.... Many of my co-workers who are state workers took nearly all day for a few days just to learn power point!

Then when it came down to the presentations... everyone was like damn dude... yours was the best.... and I spent practically 1/100th of STATE TAXPAYERS money to produce it!

I don't care what the salaries are of employees at your paper make.... heck your probably all making more than me!!! However, I do feel that many employees are very underpaid and deservant of pay raises.

Not just at your paper... Pretty much in general everywhere!!!

As far as making assumptions...correct... I know nothing about your guys flowcharts and who reports to whom... nor do I care, I just think you guys all deserve pay raises.... Ok... not all of you guys... the ones that I have personally gotten to know.

I think you guys are a brilliant bunch of people and I'm sure you guys have a kick at the office! Doesn't mean I can't think you guys don't deserve raises though!

Comment

The city editors can and do post breaking news items.
                        don't get mad... just wondering why he/she then couldn't have edited the article earlier?
                        Last edited by damontucker; August 9, 2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          And I'm not mad, dammit!!!
                          Wow, you are such a delicate little flower.

Pot calling the kettle black yet again.

If the editors can and do post breaking items, then they must use some sort of automation (i.e. a computer) to get it online.

And if they can and do post breaking items, why can't they also edit items that have already been posted?

Comment

Everybody mark this down...

I agree with PJ!

Well just the last two sentences

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              Manoa, if you don't even know how much someone makes, how do you know he/she "deserves" more?

You are making a whole bunch of weird assumptions in this thread.
                              I don’t think Mānoa said anyone deserves a raise. Only that Blaine should get additional money for putting up with reporter (or copy editor, layout editor, etc.) incompetence. Call it a “babysitter's fee” independent of his salary.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Hell, Blaine rocks, so I'd say he deserves a raise no matter what. Mad too. And Burl. Especially for putting up with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X