What are you employed in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you employed in?

Some of us are DJs, newspaper column writers, or students.

What do you do for a living?

I'm currently a student at Heald College.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What are you employed in?

Self-employed free-lance research analyst who's always looking for more clients. Know any?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Starting a business in farming. Part time dispatcher and file clerk for the local fire department.

Comment

Wow thanks for asking!

I have a radio program weeknights from 7-12 on 93.9 fm!

We play Hawaii's Hip Hop Hits and R&B music.

its alot of fun too!

-vic

Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

Been there, done that. Fortunately I managed to work enough "quarters" so that I am retired with Social Security checks each month.

A list of the places I worked in my long life would probably exceed space limits here.

Comment

I'm a newly retired senior. At times I still substitute at the school I was employed at...but now school has ended. That's why I have had the time to do these DB. I can't believe that there are so many DB's a person can read and participate in if they so choose.
            Retired Senior Member

Comment

Administration and publishing.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

i work as a computer tech, but it doesn't pay me enough. I am currently looking for a second part-time job strictly for the weekends. not many companies are interested in hiring someone with such a restrictive schedule so i am having a hard time with it.
                Fair and Balanced

Comment

In house web dev...

Comment

Originally posted by easTTriver
                    i work as a computer tech, but it doesn't pay me enough. I am currently looking for a second part-time job strictly for the weekends. not many companies are interested in hiring someone with such a restrictive schedule so i am having a hard time with it.
                    How is it? I'm currently pursuing an IT major, and I heard that it pays well (if you know your stuff and work for a good company)

Comment

Print media.

Comment

Former engineer turned soapmaker here!
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                          How is it? I'm currently pursuing an IT major, and I heard that it pays well (if you know your stuff and work for a good company)
                          hey adri1456, sorry i am replying so late to your question.

it pays well but not if you are at the bottom of the totem pole like me. also it doesn't pay as well as on the mainland.

you are pursuing an IT major? you are at heald, do they have a bachelor's program for IT? do you have any real work experience? if you have zero experience, you are in for a rude awakening when you go job hunting. employers don't care how smart you are or how good you know your stuff, without experience you'll be hard pressed to find a job especially in the IT field. i have a bachelor's in computer science and a cisco ccna certification and had an incredibly hard time finding a job (who knows, maybe my interview skills suck). i feel lucky to have gotten the job i have now. now, i am hoping to just pay my dues and rise up the ladder.

specifically what field in IT are you looking at? networking, programming, database, web, etc??
                          Last edited by easTTriver; July 13, 2004, 10:41 AM.
                          Fair and Balanced

Comment

My kane an I own one Real Estate Appraisal business. We hana out of ouah hale... he goes out an inspects da properties, an I stay da luna of da office!!
                            Aloha,
                            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by easTTriver
                              hey adri1456, sorry i am replying so late to your question.

it pays well but not if you are at the bottom of the totem pole like me. also it doesn't pay as well as on the mainland.

you are pursuing an IT major? you are at heald, do they have a bachelor's program for IT? do you have any real work experience? if you have zero experience, you are in for a rude awakening when you go job hunting. employers don't care how smart you are or how good you know your stuff, without experience you'll be hard pressed to find a job especially in the IT field. i have a bachelor's in computer science and a cisco ccna certification and had an incredibly hard time finding a job (who knows, maybe my interview skills suck). i feel lucky to have gotten the job i have now. now, i am hoping to just pay my dues and rise up the ladder.

specifically what field in IT are you looking at? networking, programming, database, web, etc??
                              I think its an Associates degree (because its 18 months), and I'm in the IT Tech Support field.

Comment

Working...
                              X