Video editing/multimedia

Comment

Re: What are you employed in?

Floor Associate/Big KMart
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

System engineer for a wireless telecommunications company in northern california.

Comment

Academic librarian.

Comment

I am the news director/public service gopher for KKBG-FM,KAPA-FM, Da Beat, and ESPN in Hilo and Kona. 'Got my start at KTUH-FM (UH-Manoa) and at KPOI-FM. All of this happened in the dark recesses of the later 60's. It's a crazy business dominated by cost conscious corporations and some of the most creative people I've ever known. You've got to be off-center to love this business...at least broadcasting is never dull.....

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Roberts
              I am the news director/public service gopher for KKBG-FM,KAPA-FM, Da Beat, and ESPN in Hilo and Kona. 'Got my start at KTUH-FM (UH-Manoa) and at KPOI-FM. All of this happened in the dark recesses of the later 60's. It's a crazy business dominated by cost conscious corporations and some of the most creative people I've ever known. You've got to be off-center to love this business...at least broadcasting is never dull.....

Ah yes! My two favorite stations back then! miss those old days...

Lucky you.... Hilo and Kona.
              My two favorite towns when Honoruru gets to be too much.

Comment

currently unemployed, but i will be in the army soon... shipping to basic in November. Going in as 38A Civil Affairs/airborne.

Comment

hmmm..have been a collections mgr @ our local video store for about 3 yrs.but!! i was offered an excellent job right next door,so,i start monday.will be asst.mgr. @ a family owned furnture store..pretty excited..completely new for me...also will have to dress up..(even a bra!!! hee hee)..so please wish me luck...

Comment

Does "looking for a job that'll move me (and da fambly) to Hawai`i" count?

If it does, I can talk more about me!

--
                    Andy the wannabe
                    Andy the wannabe
                    near DC? wanna talk 'bout HI?
                    drop me a line, I wanna learn!

Comment

I'm a project manager (official title: Network Systems Analyst III) and I work primarily in ecommerce (on our member website) for a health maintenance organization. Until earlier this year, I was working mostly in telecommunications.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

So, how would I say this in Hawaiian? Hale Wahine??? lol! Full-time Mom and Home Educator!

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo
                        Academic librarian.
                        Auntie Nellie, does this mean you might be able to point me in the direction of used Hawaiiana texts?
                        ~'Ailina

Comment

Makuahine o loa? As in important mother or mom. Okay let's see how that one flies
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

kumu wahine o ka hale or female teacher of the home.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              kumu wahine o ka hale or female teacher of the home.
                              Ooh, mahalo, Craig! Kumu wahine o ka hale sounds so distinguished! lol! I like it! I should make a nameplate or something.
                              ~'Ailina

Comment

I'm a senior TV operations tech for KPBS-TV in San Diego. Work in TV master control monitoring SD & HD server playouts; satellite feeds & ingests, troubleshooting automation software (any Novus automation horror stories to share?), maintain air logs & transmitter readings. Occasionally lend a hand as studio camera op, floor director, audio mixer and production grip for in-house productions.

Previously employed at as overnight production tech for KUSI-TV, San Diego; and as operations coordinator for Time Warner Cable-San Diego.

Lots of prior military and civ broadcasting experience working at radio stations in Japan, Korea, Okinawa and Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X