Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Default Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Quick! Somebody find that adorable child an agent!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

She does indeed look happy and beautiful and well cared for.

She is simply beautiful and I'm so glad you've given her the chance to find such love and happiness.

Have sent a Christmas Message and a video of "Shari's Christmas Hula" to Tutu Sue....hopefully she will be able to post for our friends on Hawaii Threads.

God Bless,
    Cheryl & Shari

Quote Originally Posted by cherla42 View Post
    Have sent a Christmas Message and a video of "Shari's Christmas Hula" to Tutu Sue....hopefully she will be able to post for our friends on Hawaii Threads.

God Bless,
    Cheryl & Shari
    Thanks, Cheryl. Due to our old friend Lurkah's efforts, I've seen it on another board - maybe he can pop it up here as well (as we are often reminded, tutusue is notoriously "untechie").

Am I aloud to ask which other blog it is on??? If anyone needs to find me I am behind Tutu Sue in the "Untechie Line"

Allowed Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Thanks, Cheryl. Due to our old friend Lurkah's efforts, I've seen it on another board - maybe he can pop it up here as well (as we are often reminded, tutusue is notoriously "untechie").
    So true! In addition I'm not sure a video can be uploaded to HT. It might be better to put it on YouTube and post the link on HT. That said...I've never uploaded to YT! Hopefully Lurkah can help.

BTW...the video, not to mention Shari, is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post

In addition I'm not sure a video can be uploaded to HT. It might be better to put it on YouTube and post the link on HT.
    Hot dang Tutu, I just love it when you talk techie like that to me! click

Talking Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Am I aloud to ask which other blog it is on??? If anyone needs to find me I am behind Tutu Sue in the "Untechie Line"
    STAY aloud wea I hangout on da lanai! Cause you know ova deya us all loud and proud.
    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Quote Originally Posted by lurkah View Post
    Hot dang Tutu, I just love it when you talk techie like that to me![...]
    <swoom!>
    Mahalo, Your Techiness! Cheryl...are you ok with the upload and link?

Mahalo Lurkah for the link. Mahalo Tutu Sue for all you're help getting it here and Mahalo to Lika for forgiving my spelling error. Hope you all enjoyed the video. I am so proud of Shari!

God Bless,
    Cheryl & Shari

Off to work this morning

She is TOO SWEET! That is so darling. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you, too!

This was the message that was sent with the video that didn't get posted.

Every year when we open the big box with the Christmas decorations Shari is so excited to find her singing "Christmas Tree" I bought 3 years ago. This year while I decorated she snuck off to dress herself up and returned to to do a beautiful Christmas Hula. As I watched Shari I counted the many Blessings God has poured upon us. Here in front of me dancing was the same child that lay in the hosptial not expected to live much less dance... yet she dances. There is no amount of money, stores, or gifts that can buy the joy I feel watching God heal this child...I hope this video brings you the same joy and understanding.

My prayer this year is that we count our many Blessings not the amount of money in our wallets. I am praising God for the lack of funds this year praying that family's will have more time with their children instead of the mad rush of shopping. That they will spend this precious time to share the true meaning of Christmas....The Miracle of Christ's Birth.

Mele Kalikimaka & God Bless,
    Cheri & Shari Oelrich

Hula Show in Lahaina Shari & Cousin Katelyn and all the class!

Pics via Grandma Cherla.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Talking Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Thanks for posting pics! Will try to get video of one the songs they danced to available too. They danced to "Red Opu" and "Lolo". Shari told me after "I like going on the stage but not practice" lol....they all did such a fine job!

The difference between the hospital photo from 2 1/2 years ago and the current hula photos is so heartwarming. The human spirit triumphs.

The mascot for Shari's school is the Dolphin. Each month a student is picked for a "special achievement" and awarded "Dolphin of the Month" at her school. Shari has wanted to achieve this goal throughout the 2 years she has spent in kindergarten and "special ed" classes. I was concerned that this would prove impossible and disappointing for Shari as she has difficulties in class likely from her brain damage. Much to my surprise on 2/23 there was a special note in Shari's school folder from her teacher that read...
    "Congratulations- Shari is our Dolphin of the month for February!! We are celebrating "perseverance"!!! She definitely shows that characteristic .

"PERSEVERANCE"....such a big word for this little life of only 6 years who has not only survived unimaginable medical odds but has done it with a huge, beautiful dimpled smile. I know when God decided to give Shari back to us on Earth he sent her back with the knowledge of His Love and an extra large dose of Perseverance. Thank You Jesus!

100_1708.jpg (50.7 KB

Here is one Happy Dolphin of the month!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

100_1541.jpg (61.4 KB
    Here is a pic of Miss Shari at Halloween....prettiest "angel" on earth as far as I'm concerned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adorable! Shari is so lucky to have such a devoted tutu. Thanx for the photos, Cheryl.

Congratulations to all! What a great month so far!

[...]
    "PERSEVERANCE"....such a big word for this little life of only 6 years who has not only survived unimaginable medical odds but has done it with a huge, beautiful dimpled smile. I know when God decided to give Shari back to us on Earth he sent her back with the knowledge of His Love and an extra large dose of Perseverance. Thank You Jesus!
    And now it's Tutu Cheryl's turn to persevere. With her permission, I'm providing this update. And it's not what you might think.

Cheryl recently received a note from Shari's Special Education teacher Darlene:
    "I was in Shari's room during center time. Today she was showing me the picture she painted which had a baby and an angel. I said "look you have an angel. I bet your Mom has an angel too.her response, 'she does, ME'"

As many of you will recall, Cheryl legally adopted her granddaughter so, in addition to tutu, she's also "mom". And now it's Cheryl's turn to be on the receiving end of any and all prayers HTers are willing to offer. She was recently diagnosed with cancer. Treatment will be aggressive; radiation and chemo at the same time. She's determined to beat the big C.

The good news? Cheryl's going into this latest set-back with a positive attitude and incredible humor. She has a "partner in crime", so to speak. Her sister in Idaho was also recently diagnosed with cancer so the 2 of them are wonderful support for each other. Cheryl and her ex-husband have reunited after 10 years and Shari adores her grandpa and grandpa adores Shari. Cheryl's support system is in place.

To quote Cheryl's most recent email: "Prayers are the greatest gift we can give each other!"

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    And now it's Tutu Cheryl's turn to persevere. With her permission, I'm providing this update. And it's not what you might think.

As many of you will recall, Cheryl legally adopted her granddaughter so, in addition to tutu, she's also "mom". And now it's Cheryl's turn to be on the receiving end of any and all prayers HTers are willing to offer. She was recently diagnosed with cancer. Treatment will be aggressive; radiation and chemo at the same time. She's determined to beat the big C.

The good news? Cheryl's going into this latest set-back with a positive attitude and incredible humor. She has a "partner in crime", so to speak. Her sister in Idaho was also recently diagnosed with cancer so the 2 of them are wonderful support for each other. Cheryl and her ex-husband have reunited after 10 years and Shari adores her grandpa and grandpa adores Shari. Cheryl's support system is in place.

To quote Cheryl's most recent email: "Prayers are the greatest gift we can give each other!"
    How did I miss this?

Miss Cheryl, Prayers, Pules, and may the Mightest of God's Angels protect and heal you my Dear Sister In Christ.

In Jesus Name....Amen.

Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Thanks Auntie Lynn. I'm one tough cookie and I have my "Angel Shari" right beside me through this journey as I was next to her during her rough time. Papa Mike has been our God send. God knew we needed him and sent him to us. We have a beautiful and complete family. Will keep you up-dated as we get this journey started...Shari is looking forward to seeing me with no hair (lol) she is so funny yet gentle with me when I need it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345