Update on Shari Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

cheryl, i hope you don't buy their bs for a second! distraught and traumatised? hell yes! who wouldn't be?!? ugh. the stupidity of the system is beyond belief. hang in there and fight tooth and nail. with any luck, maybe this story can be told in the local papers and tv news?
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. It makes me stronger and more determined reading them. I knew from the time Shari was in PICU that I would become an advocate to change existing laws and fight for rights for children. The only reason mom cant see Shari is because Shari's Doctor forbids it, if not for him Shari would be subjected to visitation. I have been told that the baby was not abused but "Frankie" was pulled over and arrested on March 1st 2006 for drunk driving...the baby was in the car with him. I consider that endangerment, neglect, and abuse. He was, obviously, released even though he is a 4 time violent felon on parole till 2011 only to beat Shari to near death 14 days later. The shelter they were living in at the time is suppose to be for Women and Children only. Shari's mother is standing behind "Frankie" 100%...tells alot about what kind of mother she truely is. I have no doubt that when this info (and this info is the tip of the iceburg) gets beyond the "coconut line" I will be slapped with a gag order and my life will be even more difficult. I am ready to start my fight beginning with Shari's 1/2 brother. Please pray for strenght for Shari and I. Thanks for getting the message out too!!!
      God Bless,
      Cheryl & Shari

Comment

God Bless You Shari and Cheryl, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Cheryl...is there a group you might be able to align yourself with (or they with you!) for the purpose of advocacy and support? One idea is Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) and/or Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii. I'm sure there are others.

I'm absolutely stunned at your and Shari's story. I really hope the media takes it and runs with it.

You're still in my prayers. I'm a tutu, too! God help anyone who would lay a hand on any of my mo`opuna. Actually, God wouldn't even come in to play in this situation. The perp would go down a windy, bumpy road to hell and I'd be the one with the map.

Comment

I am going to e-mail Lila at the Maui News to let her know what is going on. I have stayed silent so that I would not "compromise" any investagation in progress. The investagation is over and all evidence has been turned into the prosecuting attorneys office. My feelings at this point are not on the case but the "compromising" situation Shari's brother is being put in and the possibility of yet another cycle of child abuse set in motion. We need many, many voices from the public. I have found that contacting agency's, if you do get a reply, will take weeks and months. I have contacted Lillian Koller's office, she is the director of the Department of Human Services for Hawaii. Her phone number is (808)586-4994. She is the top of the ladder in matters reguarding Child Welfare Services. I am begging all of you and everyone you can get this message to to call Lillians office with your concerns and feelings. Also a quick e-mail to Linda Lingle (Hawaii Governor) at www.hawaii.gov/gov from all of us just might force her to take a good hard look at this situation. I have e-mailed Gov. Lingle and never got a word back. There IS strenght in numbers and I am asking you all to get in line with me.
            God Bless,
            Cheryl & Shari

Comment

Originally posted by cherla42
              I am going to e-mail Lila at the Maui News to let her know what is going on. I have stayed silent so that I would not "compromise" any investagation in progress. The investagation is over and all evidence has been turned into the prosecuting attorneys office. My feelings at this point are not on the case but the "compromising" situation Shari's brother is being put in and the possibility of yet another cycle of child abuse set in motion. We need many, many voices from the public. I have found that contacting agency's, if you do get a reply, will take weeks and months. I have contacted Lillian Koller's office, she is the director of the Department of Human Services for Hawaii. Her phone number is (808)586-4994. She is the top of the ladder in matters reguarding Child Welfare Services. I am begging all of you and everyone you can get this message to to call Lillians office with your concerns and feelings. Also a quick e-mail to Linda Lingle (Hawaii Governor) at www.hawaii.gov/gov from all of us just might force her to take a good hard look at this situation. I have e-mailed Gov. Lingle and never got a word back. There IS strenght in numbers and I am asking you all to get in line with me.
              God Bless,
              Cheryl & Shari
              to send an email to the govenor and the lt. gov, go to this page: http://www.hawaii.gov/gov/contact/email/index_html

yup, a lot of people have to make some noise in order to keep this in the press... it's when no one's looking that they can get away with... murder.
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Here's mine!

Aloha Governor Linda Lingle, Child Abuse has no room in our beautiful State. Laws needs to be changed so children like Shari, her brother "N", Peter boy, and Rueben will never be abused again. http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=792

Aloha and Love
                Lynn Vasquez aka
                Auntie Pupule
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I have not heard anything in return for my e-mail to the Maui News. I do have some up lifting info. I have been looking for Shari's 6yr old 1/2 sister and her father who has custody of her. We found each other and Dad and sister came over to our place. It was a few weeks before Shari was beaten that they saw each other. Shari didnt recognize her sister (part of the brain damage) but the natural bond of sisterhood kicked in and they played for 2 hours. Joy was flooding my heart and we all want the girls to remain in contact and be "sisters". Now I will go in search of the oldest sister and I will continue the FIGHT for Baby Brother.
                  God Bless You All,
                  Cheryl & Shari

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Here's mine!

Aloha Governor Linda Lingle, Child Abuse has no room in our beautiful State. Laws needs to be changed so children like Shari, her brother "N", Peter boy, and Rueben will never be abused again. http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=792

Aloha and Love
                    Lynn Vasquez aka
                    Auntie Pupule
                    Thank You Lynn for getting up to bat for abused children. I have contacted all family and friends and they are ALL e-mailing Gov. Lingle. I am praying it will make a difference. I have sent 2 e-mails personally...still no reply. Its campain time and I wish she would take a "real" moment to look into this matter or better yet, come to my house and look at Shari's scars and huge patches of hair missing from the back of her head, read the documentation on the Hell this little girl suffered for 6 months. REALITY! I picked up more medical records today....Shari's x-rays showed not 2 rib fractures but 5. 3 from the trauma she went through on March 15th and 2 prior, 1 that appears to me to have happened from being kicked in the back. I cant even begin to tell you how hard it is to read medical reports. It is the most heart wrenching emotion I have ever felt. Shari's story is not just Shari's, it is for any child who went to bed tonight in pain from abuse, feeling helpless, alone, and afraid.
                    God Bless,
                    Cheryl & Shari

Comment

I correct myself...there were 4 rib fractures, not 5

Comment

I'm sure Cheryl and Shari wouldn't mind my posting this information that was on another message board about Shari's progress (she is thriving, in large part due to her Nani Cheryl!):

Being dedicated to Shari and her horrific story means being dedicated to all children who went to bed last night in pain, afraid, and hopeless from abuse. It takes 8 YEARS to pass a law....unless it is something like "Ambers" law. Shari's surgeon's wife told me at Kapiolani that there needs to be a "Shari's" law. I dont know where to start but I guarentee I will figure it out! As extreme as Shari's case is it proves MAJOR flaws in a system put in place to protect children. During the 6 months Shari was abused I tried in vein to get the appropriate people to listen. NONE of my concerns were ever even noted in her case. OUTRAGEOUS!

HAPPY news. Miss Shari is eating like a horse! Last Thursday she tipped the scales at a whopping 22lbs 9ozs. Mentally and verbally she is as smart as a whip. She knows all her books by name and can say words from memory as I read to her. I can't wait to show her off to her neurologist in November. We are going to Oahu Oct 25th-26th for tests. We will be seeing her GI Doc, Surgeon, and also her Optomologist. Our trips to Kapiolani are draining but it is nice to visit the wonderful staff who helped so much in Shari's recovery.

Aloha & God Bless,
                        Cheryl & Shari
                        Below are pics taken of Shari at the Maui County Fair last week.

Miulang
                        Attached Files
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Precious little tyke.

Thanks for the update, Miulang.

Comment

saw a bio on john walsh (i think that's his name), the guy who hosts america's most wanted. as you may know, he got into the field cuz of his own tragic experience: his son was kidnapped and days later, only his head was found. his body has never been found. at that time, we were in the dark ages when it comes to an integrated system for anything related to missing or kidnapped kids and he faced insurmountable odds. somehow, things fell into place and real laws were passed but not without a great deal of effort and struggle.

i do hope you'll be able to endure all the hurdles that are in your way and protect that precious little girl...

Comment

Cheryl and Shari, Next time you come to Honolulu to visit doctor at Kapiolani Hospital let me know. Plzzzzzzzzzz. Antonio and I would like to meet you both.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                                saw a bio on john walsh (i think that's his name), the guy who hosts america's most wanted. as you may know, he got into the field cuz of his own tragic experience: his son was kidnapped and days later, only his head was found. his body has never been found. at that time, we were in the dark ages when it comes to an integrated system for anything related to missing or kidnapped kids and he faced insurmountable odds. somehow, things fell into place and real laws were passed but not without a great deal of effort and struggle.

i do hope you'll be able to endure all the hurdles that are in your way and protect that precious little girl...
                                John Walsh is amazing...had Shari died I know I would have curled up myself died. Insurmountable odds combined with some BIG hurdles have become away of life for us. Every day I give her antibiotics (she will take for life), everytime I look at her scared up tiny body, everytime her hand balls up from the paralysis, everytime I comb her beautiful hair with huge patches missing from the trauma, and everytime I watch her tip her head so she can see, I am reminded of what this precious little girl went through. I am also reminded of how Blessed we are at the amazing recovery she has made this far. These two bitter/sweet reminders combined have provided unbeliveable strenght to get through the struggles along with what will be relentless determination to change laws to protect children.

Comment

Working...
                                X