Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Cheryl and Shari, Next time you come to Honolulu to visit doctor at Kapiolani Hospital let me know. Plzzzzzzzzzz. Antonio and I would like to meet you both.

Auntie Lynn
    We are flying over Oct 25th-26th. Would LOVE to meet you too! I will send you an e-mail with details.

Comment

It amazes me with the amount of family and friends that have e-mailed Gov. Lingle not one word has been returned. How do these people sleep at night? Many of Gov. Lingles ads on TV are aimed at children and education...guess that looks better than standing up for an abused child and her little brother. The sad part is while our polititians hide behind "rainbow colored" ads nothing is being done to protect "little brother". Even though visitation is supervised has anyone though of what this could do this this little boy emotionally. Anyone have any ideas where to go with this next????

Comment

It amazes me with the amount of family and friends that have e-mailed Gov. Lingle not one word has been returned. How do these people sleep at night? Many of Gov. Lingles ads on TV are aimed at children and education...guess that looks better than standing up for an abused child and her little brother. The sad part is while our polititians hide behind "rainbow colored" ads nothing is being done to protect "little brother". Even though visitation is supervised has anyone though of what this could do this this little boy emotionally. Anyone have any ideas where to go with this next????

Comment

i don't know how helpful this is but have you contacted the two major dailies? the honolulu weekly?

i also wonder if someone at olelo would be interested in documenting your story and putting it on air?
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Update: A little tiny birdie told me in my ear dat Shari's Tutu was ordered by the Court not to Speak, use the Internet or contact anyone regarding Shari or her brother's cases.

Apparently, the phone calls, and emails are working and overwhelmed their offices. They may have silenced Cheryl but they can not silence the rest of us.

Shari's story needs to be told. There needs to be a Law to save and protect other children like Shari. Please continue to call, write and email so that our voices can be heard.

It is imperative that we save our children from animals who have no right to hurt our little Angels. Let us shout in unison for them ~ for they can not speak for themselves.

To send an email to the govenor and the lt. gov, go to this page: http://www.hawaii.gov/gov/contact/email/index_html

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 10, 2006, 02:59 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This story makes me very sad.

I wrote to the gov and lt gov tonight.

Congratulations Gov Lingle and Lt Gov Aiona on your reelection yesterday.

My email is directed to the both of you in an effort to get the both of you to direct your attentions to the Child Protective Services division of the State of Hawaii Department of Human Services. An alarming story of Shari Rodriguez has come to my attention and I am dumbfounded by the second hand unsubstantiated stories I am hearing.

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=19622

This individual case bears closer scrutiny and the entire process needs to be assessed as it’s performance or lack of performance has been source of shame to a state that is known for Aloha.

Comment

Originally posted by cherla42 View Post
                well for what it's worth, the governer's office sent me this reply first thing this morning.

Aloha and we will look into this matter.

Office of Governor Linda Lingle

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                  well for what it's worth, the governer's office sent me this reply first thing this morning.
                  On behalf of Shari, her brother, Cheryl and the many other children who continue to be abused daily in our islands...Mahalo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Mele Kalikimaka from an angel!

I couldn't resist posting this picture of one little angel who lives on Maui. I'm sure if she knew how to write, she would be writing to wish you all Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Miulang
                    Attached Files
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You just made my day!

Mahalo Tita Miulang!

Comment

well here is the text of a signed PDF letter I got from DHS on their department letterhead.

Oh and I replaced my real last name with "zilla" - not that I'm shy. I'm just shy.

Dear Mr. Zilla:

Thank you for your November 8, 2006 e-mail expressing your concerns for Shari Rodriguez. The Governor forwarded your e-mail to the Department of Human Services (DHS) for follow-up.

I share your concerns for her safety and well-being and for all of Hawaii’s keikis. Shari is under the foster custody of DHS; however, we are unable to share case-specific information with you unless you obtain consent from her parents. Please note that her Family Court case is regularly reviewed by a Family Court judge and she has a guardian-ad-litem appointed by the Family Court to make independent assessments and recommendations.

I appreciate your e-mail and thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention.

Sincerely,

Amy Tsark, Administrator (Acting)
                        Social Services Division

Comment

Yesterday, Cheryl adopted Shari!
                          http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=1082

"The struggle, the order to keep silent is now all PAU!"

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; June 27, 2007, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Aloha our friends. I am trying to post a slide show of Shari while she was in the hospital. My daughter made it for Frankie's court sentencing on Oct 3 but it will NOT be allowed. Maybe I can e-mail it to one of you to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by cherla42 View Post
                              Aloha our friends. I am trying to post a slide show of Shari while she was in the hospital. My daughter made it for Frankie's court sentencing on Oct 3 but it will NOT be allowed. Maybe I can e-mail it to one of you to post here.
                              Why won't it be allowed in court? Seems that if the judge (and if there's a jury) could see pictures of how gravely injured Shari was and how far she has come since then, that it would be a slam dunk to keep that sucka in jail for a long long time. (I wanted to post this when I first got it, but I didn't know whether it would be used as evidence in court at the time. Now that I know it won't be allowed, here it is):

Shari's slide show

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I would have posted it too.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X