Update on Shari Rodriguez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on Shari Rodriguez

Another sad and sorry tale of, as TutuSue put it, a department head in big trouble trying to save her okole. The very least that wahine could have done would have been to ask for permission from Shari's ohana to be included in an op ed piece like that. There have been enough other instances where the CPS has botched up that she could have talked about things generically. But maybe she was using Shari because Shari is one of the few instances where the person who was abused actually survived.

Shari should not be used as the poster child for a department that is so badly mismanaged and understaffed that a thorough housecleaning needs to be done. A department that's supposed to be protecting the welfare of children that uses those same children as a defense to support their activities is reprehensible.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

TRYING TO SAVE THEIR F***ING jobs?????? That's what this all boils down to!!!!! All these 'social service' people who in some SMALL way were connected to this little girl, in my opinion, should be made to sit down at the next hearing regarding this Ramirez and look at this ANIMAL! I hope they are reading all these posts about this little angel named Shari. I hope they or someone in their ohana never has to feel all her pain and Cheryl's pain. I have been blessed with just 2 sons - no daughters.....and to read about Shari just breaks my heart. I hope when it's time for this ANIMAL to go before the parole board or the next board of 'Powers that Be' that someone tells us so that we can send letters to the Board to ensure that this ANIMAL stays caged up for the rest of his life because this angel Shari will be suffering for the rest of her life........my prayers and blessing to her and Cheryl. May the wings of angels be there for them for all time. Aloha......

Comment

And one, last comment...then I'll shut the **c* up...

May Karma swoop down and b!+¢h slap Ms. Koller upside the head in such a way as to surprise the $h!+ out of her and her family.

Me? Angry? Naaaaht!

Comment

<Also, in the Ramirez case, it is important to understand that the family was under close supervision before the attack occurred. Everyone involved in supervising the family was surprised by the attack, including CWS workers and the Family Court itself, as well as the child’s court-appointed guardian ad litem. Whatever occurred during this family’s supervision was a shared responsibility>

It is important to know that during the 6 months Shari was being "closely" supervised she suffered several fractures to her body. Two rib fractures consistant with "squeeze and twist" type of abuse. There were 2 separate head injuries and facial injuries during this time that are medically documented. Amazingly this info is no where to be found according to CWS in Shari's case file. SUPRISE...there is also no CWS documentation of my reports of suspected child abuse. Also Frankie was arrested in Dec. of 2005 for drunk driving with the children in the car and released. Isn't that a parole violation????? Isn't that child endagerment???? He was never charged for that crime (swept under that rug)....why bother he gets to serve all crimes committed concurently anyway. CLOSELY MONITERED

Comment

I stand by my post #63. Bless you, Cheryl, for taking all the ¢r@p that's been flung at and around you. Are you planning to refute Ms. Koller's statements with what you wrote above? Or, have you done that already?

Comment

Re: Update on Shari OELRICH

I have been planning my letter since Lillian's letter was brought to my attention. I was fully planning on rebutting at first. Something in my gut is telling me "not now". I am still baffeled that such a letter was sent in the first place. Here is a link where you can read the Federal Report mentioned by Ms. Koller as to the wonders of Maui's CWS Department.

http://www.hawaii.gov/dhs/protection...%2011-3-03.pdf

ANY COMMENTS???

Comment

Originally posted by cherla42 View Post
                Wowee...that report is 84 pages! It'll be quite awhile before I have the time to peruse it, unfortunately.

Cheryl, I hope you have copies of the "missing" CWS documentation. That is, of course, if you were allowed to have copies. Amazing how documentation just goes...POOOOOFFFF...isn't it?

Comment

I have been planning my letter since Lillian's letter was brought to my attention. I was fully planning on rebutting at first. Something in my gut is telling me "not now". I am still baffeled that such a letter was sent in the first place. Here is a link where you can read the Federal Report mentioned by Ms. Koller as to the wonders of Maui's CWS Department.

http://www.hawaii.gov/dhs/protection...%2011-3-03.pdf

ANY COMMENTS???
                  I think it was sent because the dept. is going to be audited again soon by the feds for compliance with the same outcomes that were measured in that 2003 report you cited. I only had a chance to glance briefly at some of the comments in that report, but where Ms. Koller indicated that Maui County was graded favorably on certain outcomes, the outcomes for the State as a whole, which she is responsible for, mostly comes up with inadequate rankings. I did notice that the Maui branch is doing way better than the Oahu branch, and the Hilo branch really has serious problems with compliance. Perhaps that's why there have been more cases like Peter Boy Kema reported from the Hilo office than either Maui or Oahu.

Remembering "Peter Boy" Kema.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; November 7, 2007, 05:41 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Wowee...that report is 84 pages! It'll be quite awhile before I have the time to peruse it, unfortunately.

Cheryl, I hope you have copies of the "missing" CWS documentation. That is, of course, if you were allowed to have copies. Amazing how documentation just goes...POOOOOFFFF...isn't it?

According to CWS...not missing just not any info there. Shari had 2 case workers. The latest worker was new and only on the case for maybe 4 weeks before Shari was almost beaten to death. In answer to you're question...I have kept detailed notes. And yes I have extensive documentation from the time Shari was born.

Comment

According to CWS...not missing just not any info there. Shari had 2 case workers. The latest worker was new and only on the case for maybe 4 weeks before Shari was almost beaten to death. In answer to you're question...I have kept detailed notes. And yes I have extensive documentation from the time Shari was born.
                      Good for you! Paper trails are necessary.

Comment

Funny how god works!

I was already to moan and groan about my husband being a kidney match out of 6 chicken brothers who NEVER got tested, and here is this story about a little precious baby who was abused by a fu......... fu.......... COWARD!!!!!!!!! Oh I thought I was angry before, OKAY TAKING A DEEP BREATH! All I can say is GOD BLESS and KISS that baby. Coward that Rodriguez, You know I think I would borrow the money to fly over to sit in court and scowel at that man. Ya, I hope he comes to prison on the mainland, HE WONT LAST!

GOD BLESS YOU SHARI and THAT BABY GIRL

I am a mother of 4, I think I am going to throw up now!!!!!!!!!!!

Cnecki
                        Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Re: Update on Shari Oelrich

God Blesses us every minute of everyday! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my daughters house....Shari had a great time playing with her cousins. So much to be Thankful for always. Shari continues to do amazingly well. She has not had a seizure since September. She continues to take anti-seizure medication 2 times a day along with antibiotics and a nose spray for diabetes insipidus. She has mastered all but buttoning in special ed pre-school. The paralysis in her right hand makes it very difficult at this point.I am going to buy her one of those dolls with the big buttons on it. I know Shari....she will work on those buttons until she finds her own way of getting the job done. Educationally she has far surpassed any expectations. It looks like Miss Shari will be in regular classes before we know it....Thank You God!

I will be flying to Oahu in Feb. for Frankie's first parole hearing . It will be decided there if he will do a mandatory 20yrs without parole instead of the 13.4 yrs at his sentencing. I have been told I will be in a room with him and I will be able at that point to say anything I want to him. I am taking the pictures of Shari after surgery and I want him to look good and hard at what he did to her. I hope he see's those pics over and over in his head daily for the rest of his life. I am going to write up a petition in reguards to his sentence and get as many signatures as I can to bring to the hearing....hopefully it will make a difference.

Take care all.....time to set up all the Christmas decorations....Shari Loves them.

God Bless,
                          Cheryl & Shari

Comment

I have been told I will be in a room with him and I will be able at that point to say anything I want to him. I am taking the pictures of Shari after surgery and I want him to look good and hard at what he did to her. I hope he see's those pics over and over in his head daily for the rest of his life.
                            Just steel yourself for the possibility that he won't show the level of remorse that you desire - don't let him dent your armor in any way.

And THANK YOU for sharing the news with us, both good and bad - it's especially great to read the latest good news. Shari's got some special purpose in this world, and I hope we'll all be able to learn about it as she grows.

Comment

It was so obivious in court he was more concerned about not being painted a "monster" than showing remorse. I do understand that my questions will probably never be answered. Shari has told me of so many abusive insidents prior to her final beating. It was when she asked "why did they hurt me" I was completely stumped. I can't answer that

At least I have a few months to emotionally prepare myself before going face to face with one of the "monsters" who tortured this beautiful little girl for 6 months.

Comment

[...]At least I have a few months to emotionally prepare myself before going face to face with one of the "monsters" who tortured this beautiful little girl for 6 months.
                                During your statement, Cheryl, I hope you use the word "monster" over and over and over again. Drive that word right thru that monster's soul. Oh wait, any monster who beats a child doesn't possess a soul so drive that word right thru the judge's soul. Even 20 years is too light a sentence for that monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X