Good spot for a first date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good spot for a first date?

[hijack]I have several friends who met their significant others on MySpace. Many of them went on to have long-term relationships. I know a lot of people would scoff at meeting potential significant others online, but I really think that the advent of MySpace turned online dating into something mainstream[/hijack]

*le sigh* The first date. Gotta admit, I've been on many of those -- some good, mostly bad.

I'm more of a dinner/happy hour person myself. Kincaid's, Palomino's, MaiTai's, etc. If a guy asked me out for a hike on a first date, I think I'd have to pass.

But then again...it's all about *your* common interests.

Good luck!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

paesano in manoa is a great spot. try going there first and see if it meets the bill.
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

What's wrong with Zippy's? Just as long as it's the inside the restaurant part right?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        I went to bed thinking about this thread. I still thinking. Hmmmmm...so hard wen one is old. I forget wea I went on First Dates! Been too long. Whatever you do...no take um to Zippy's! And no eat her Steak!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
          What's wrong with Zippy's? Just as long as it's the inside the restaurant part right?
          Over 20 years ago I was taken on a first date to Zippys and, ummm, there was no 2nd date! I like Zippys but would've preferred something more creative for a first date. For me, it's more of an 'established relationship and let's get a quick bite to eat before (or after) <fill in the blank>' type of place! It's also a good place to hang out with the galfriends for an inexpensive meal and talk story. But, 1st date? Nah, not for this ol' tutu!

And, creative doesn't = big bucks, btw. Lunch at La Mariana is enough for me!

Comment

Ditto to wat Tutusue said.

My first date @ Zippys was afta a night of drinking. Da bugga had no class and a bunch of wishful tinking!

He ended with nuttin but air!!! heheheh

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

zippy. first date. hmmm.. Nope.
              if asked for advice to goils; ask we goin?
              If the answer is zippy's get in yer own car and drive away. and never bother with him again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Ditto to wat Tutusue said.

My first date @ Zippys was afta a night of drinking. Da bugga had no class and a bunch of wishful tinking!

He ended with nuttin but air!!! heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                What, no "Whack Whacks" for the wishful thinker ?
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

there is a joke in there somehwere. i ain't gonna touch it.

Comment

Well, he got what he deserved ...... ZIP for ZIPPY'S!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      I'd say it's about time...

Go VEGAS! BUFFET's!!! all out... spend the big bucks.... if you get em

Really impress... if your flying from Kauai... take the extra flight...go vegas...

Otherwise... Makino Chai!
                      Makino Chaya is good eats for sure, but I'd definitely not recommend a buffet for a first date. Considering the special circumstances surrounding Mike's date, I'd recommend the lounge at John Dominis. You get all the benefits of JD's noteworthy menu at a more relaxed pace with subdued lighting. And no, I don't work at JD, nor am I in any way affiliated with A. Anderson.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      I went to bed thinking about this thread. I still thinking. Hmmmmm...so hard wen one is old. I forget wea I went on First Dates! Been too long. Whatever you do...no take um to Zippy's! And no eat her Steak!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Hey! Zippy's is great for those low-pressure, ultra-casual first dates at 4am in the morning. Where else you gonna go? Besides, the lack of inspired flavors, cozy atmosphere and alchohol (remember, 4am) makes it all about you two. Though for the record I did not take my S.O. to Zippy's for our first.

Sorry so late with the info, Mike. I'm sure we'd all like to hear what spot you chose and how it went.
                      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

What is it with all this DINNER stuff? What about going someplace and doing something? A hike, a tourist thing, a walk through town, a horseback ride, a concert or the theater, roller-skating, bowling.....
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would recommend a hike, go for a walk on the beach, going to Starbucks to have some coffee and sit down and to get to know her a bit better.
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

I don't know...for a date with someone I met online, I'm a bigger fan of playing it safe and meeting at a coffee shop. That way if the date doesn't go well, you only have to make it through coffee before making your excuses. Movies are another one, because you can chit-chat before, then make your excuses and leave afterward if you don't feel you're really going to hit it off with the person. By the same token, if the date is going well, then you can always suggest prolonging it (dessert/drinks/dinner after).

If it's a date with someone I already met through friends/work, etc where I can already tell there's some potential chemistry, then I'd do something like Formaggio (but then, I like wine and it's a lower priced option to Du Vin wine-wise) or Auntie Pasto's (large menu selection good if you don't know about someone's potential dietary restrictions/allergies). Formaggios is definitely more of a romantic option, Auntie Pasto's a more fun, less pressure, casual option. There are plenty of other restaurants like Auntie Pasto's around here.

For first dates, if it isn't someone you know upfront to be athletic, I'd stay away from the sports-hiking thing unless it's on a very public beach/park. As a female, I'm cautious about meeting someone I don't know well and then potentially ending up in a secluded park or not-well populated trail and getting in trouble. I save hiking for dates when I really feel I trust the person and don't mind them seeing me covered in bug spray/baggy hiking clothes, all sweaty with no makeup.

Comment

Personally, I advise you not to go on this date at all, because most likely it will greatly upset you. Plus, if you are inexperienced in dating and you are very gullible, then you can be cheated and you will lose a lot of money. It is much better to use the services of VIP international companion
                              Here you can find many girls with whom you will be able to have sex without problems and thus you do not risk losing your money.

Comment

Working...
                              X