Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good spot for a first date?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    If it's a first date then nothing has been established yet right? You may want to consider a luncheon first [...]
    Just what I was thinking! Or even a seaside, Sunday brunch. Still could do a picnic lunnch at Diamond Head lookout but then you'd *really* have to watch the submarine races!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      ...but then you'd *really* have to watch the submarine races!
      You ol' romantic, you!

Another place that is comfortable for those whose first dates might be fraught with tension is public events - street festivals and the like (but NOT weddings! Wrong signal!) You can find common interests, as well as learn what catches the attention of each other; you can find a spot to sit, talk and watch the crowd (along with an opportunity to make witty comments about strangers); or you can find plenty to distract you from the stresses of "dating."
      Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 2, 2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Take her to the lunch or dinner buffet at the Sheraton Ala Moana Surfrider (Royal Hawaiian if you have more money), and then spend your after meal time telling tourists about the TransPacific Highway (the one with pontoons that stretches 3k miles) and pretending to be descended from Hawaiian aristocrats.

Comment

Kincaids in WardWarehouse is a nice place and is the sister company of Palomino.

http://www.kincaids.com/index.php?co...tions=Honolulu

Both restaurants have similar "First Seating" specials for a 3 course meal for under $20 Check da menus!

Love Kincaids double cut 20 oz primerib!!
          Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

I still thinking of a place.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

and what is that place yer thinking of, lynn?

Comment

How about First Friday this Friday in Chinatown?

beat you too it aunty

Comment

I not going. I stay SICK. Wap ya Jaw's MANOA!!!!!

Kimo55, as to your question. I still tinking. I dunno wea da place may be. I'm tinking of a place wea romantic yet easy on da pocket. Someplace wea two people can be themselves yet have the quietness as well as superb food and excellent service.

My days had the Famous "Black Angus!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    How about First Friday this Friday in Chinatown?
                    I've never been to one, but this Friday will be my first, and I can't wait!

No first date for me, though. However, it will be a fun way to celebrate the big 27th with the girls.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                      I've never been to one, but this Friday will be my first, and I can't wait!

No first date for me, though. However, it will be a fun way to celebrate the big 27th with the girls.
                      Awwww...Happy Birthday Lei Liko! If I wasn't, I'd would want to be there wishing HB in person. I'm sort of a regular in Chinatown and First Fridays. Alas, doctor's orders prevents me from going.

I gotta listen foa my own good. They'll be other First Fridays foa me.

Have FuN!

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 2, 2006, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the help so far, ladies and fellas...I still got 2 weeks before this happens. yup, we're meeting on oahu from 2 different neighbor islands. ah, the joys of myspace...hahahaha.

keep the suggestions comin' tho...they all look grrrrrrreat.
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

How well do you know her? Do you have the same interests? I know I'd rather go hiking or to the arcade (D & B) rather than eat on a first date. It goes back to personality and likes/dislikes. Is she the the fine dining type who enjoys dressing up? Whatever you choose, just make sure it's quiet enough where you don't feel like you've been shouting to be heard for the entire date.

Comment

Tutu - turn your head!

Myspace is great!!! If I was single again...this would have been the means... however with another recent sicko using myspace to lure wahines... sometimes I wonder!

However, the two of you are traveling from outter islands to meet eachother? Just wondering... I mean.. I did the 5 mile check in my area code and there was more than 10,000 users using myspace within 5 miles of where I lived....

You couldn't find someone on your own island so that you could save on all the other costs...ie; car rental, hotel, airplane fare...etc... and then take a person out from your own island on a blind date and use that money on an even more fancier first date on your island?

Just wondering.... none of my business.... I know plenty people who have met there love of there lives because of the internet...it just seems like your getting a bit extreme.

Honestly, 26...First Date... Myspace... Traveling to another island to meet her... asking HT members for advice to help you... etc...

Honestly Mike... I wish you the best of luck... but dang... myspace and flying to meet a lady on a first date.... scary in my eyes... however it's up to you...!

Comment

Don't worry, Mike. Things like this do work out sometimes (it did for me ). However, I knew my hunny online for about 9 months and talked to him on the phone for about 3 months before I flew from Seattle to PA where he was living at the time to meet him (yes. he moved to Seattle). Best thing to do for a first "meet" with an online friend is find someplace as public as you can (i.e., make sure there are lots of other people around). That'll make her feel more secure about meeting you the first time. Do something fun outdoors. You want to start out as friends and build on that. So that even if the friendship doesn't build into romance, at least you have the friendship.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                Tutu - turn your head!

Myspace is great!!! If I was single again...this would have been the means... however with another recent sicko using myspace to lure wahines... sometimes I wonder!

However, the two of you are traveling from outter islands to meet eachother? Just wondering... I mean.. I did the 5 mile check in my area code and there was more than 10,000 users using myspace within 5 miles of where I lived....

You couldn't find someone on your own island so that you could save on all the other costs...ie; car rental, hotel, airplane fare...etc... and then take a person out from your own island on a blind date and use that money on an even more fancier first date on your island?

Just wondering.... none of my business.... I know plenty people who have met there love of there lives because of the internet...it just seems like your getting a bit extreme.

Honestly, 26...First Date... Myspace... Traveling to another island to meet her... asking HT members for advice to help you... etc...

Honestly Mike... I wish you the best of luck... but dang... myspace and flying to meet a lady on a first date.... scary in my eyes... however it's up to you...!
                                LOL...no worries, man. She's a junior IN COLLEGE (for emphasis, not to shout). Yeah, I read about that dude in Honolulu the other day. She's not flying to Oahu just to meet me...UH starts when I'm gonna be up there (for work, I might add). But thanks for the heads up, manoasurfer. who knows...la policia coulda been staking me out!
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X