X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem

hey,

Has anyone seen that film "sand island drive in anthem? I kinda heard alot about it at that film festival they had earlier this year, but didnt get to see it.. any thoughts out there???

Re: local films

I just cant do it.

I don't want a new HT member knowing I'm an A**H*** dis quickly

Comment

well thanks to some dude known as manoasurfer, i'd say it's..
      too late!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy8
        hey,

Has anyone seen that film "sand island drive in anthem? I kinda heard alot about it at that film festival they had earlier this year, but didnt get to see it.. any thoughts out there???
        Hmmm...first post! R? Is that you, FF?

Comment

eh. casting by tutu!
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486988/fullcredits

issat Ryan, Sue?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            I don't want a new HT member knowing I'm an A**H*** dis quickly
            Man. Record time. Once again, taking time to call attention to himself by saying, "Ooh, I'm not going to call attention to myself!" Absolutely brilliant.

Repeat after me: "Not everyone knows who I am. Not everyone cares who I am. And sometimes, on occasion, it's actually not all about me."
            Originally posted by monkeyboy8
            All right. Back on topic. "Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem":
            Stuck behind an aging counter of a drive-inn, four guys serve up plate lunches, loco mocos and the best mac salad in Honolulu to everyone from auto mechanics and construction workers to old-timers like Uncle C. and the beautiful Estella da Prize. One grueling day, tensions push the four young men to the breaking point until their lives are forever changed.
            Not directly discussed here before, but mentioned offhand in the not-particularly-charitable "Hawaii's Worst Actors" thread. Won "Best Short" at HIFF. I was curious about it (I remember a write-up in one of the local dailies, but my Google-fu is failing me), but never got to see it. I have to admit, knowing Augie T. is in it kind of dampened my curiosity. On the other hand, I like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

Has it or will it be broadcast? Sold on DVD?

Comment

was it that bad??? hahaha, who were the actors??
              Sorry Monkeyboy... inside HT joke... It was uncalled for! I seem to be the targeted ass these days!

Anyrate dude... you should check the movie out yourself. Others linked it and sorry for doing my typical a**h*** dig.

Manoa

Comment

mark is monkeyboy.
                could be.

Comment

Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem

Just some housecleaning here, but I renamed the thread after the film being discussed. "Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem". Please stick to the film subject at hand. And like PZ I'd like to know if and when this film will be shown on local TV.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem

ummmmm, not really..... but since we gotta keep to the discussion PER this moderator.. i have no idea if this film is on DVD yet

Comment

Re: Sand Island Drive Inn Anthem

After further review I've decided to close this thread due to the personal nature of some of the posts. Sorry.
                      Last edited by mel; August 3, 2006, 09:30 PM.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X