Originally posted by kimo55
    whaaahou...

"wahine"... is yer trademark?!
    WHO are you calling "whaaahou"?

pax

Comment

Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      I'm 1stwahine! take that to the bank honey!

Auntie Lynn
      Go 'head. You can keep your 1st on the front. I'll just keep my tm in da back

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        I want to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt mahalo for the topics and newsbits that you do post here. I log on daily, but my schedule doesn't permit me enough time to respond as much as I would like. There are things I wish to discuss about Y2K kanaka culture, progressive living between our different lahui here in Hawai'i, how we can further our respect between our host cultures and responsibilities towards our malihini, how progressive our ancestors actually were (and, if time permitted, the whole 19th century in review), as well as Hawai'i's unique place in this global hegemony--where the trends are heading, and where our heads need to be at.
        One of my pet interests is post-annexation, pre-WWII Hawaiian history. It's a period that gets glossed over a lot. Jonah Kūhiō Kalaniana‘ole versus Robert Wilcox. Anti-Japanese "yellow peril" propaganda. The rise of Labor against the Big Five. Juicy, juicy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          One of my pet interests is post-annexation, pre-WWII Hawaiian history. It's a period that gets glossed over a lot. Jonah K?hi? Kalaniana‘ole versus Robert Wilcox. Anti-Japanese "yellow peril" propaganda. The rise of Labor against the Big Five. Juicy, juicy stuff.
          See, now I am all about the third generation of ali'i. First, let's review:

1st generation: Kamehameha Nui (the 1st)
          2nd: Kamehameha II and III (the former who was the first wimp, the latter who reigned the longest for 20 years, and both of whom were really the first generation who had to deal with multi-cultural paradigm shifts)
          3rd: K. IV->Lili'uokalani. These guys were the ones educated by the Cookes, and share in common a genuine Christian ethic/charity towards the maka'ainana more so than the previous two generations.
          4th: Ka'iulani, Kapi'olani's nephews (Kuhio & Kawananakoa).

Will come back to this one later...

pax

Comment

One of my pet interests is post-annexation, pre-WWII Hawaiian history. It's a period that gets glossed over a lot. Jonah Kūhiō Kalaniana‘ole versus Robert Wilcox. Anti-Japanese "yellow peril" propaganda. The rise of Labor against the Big Five. Juicy, juicy stuff.
            Go for it. Start a thread. I'd be interested in what develops too. After all, this is the stuff that helped make Hawai'i what it is today.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Go for it. Start a thread. I'd be interested in what develops too. After all, this is the stuff that helped make Hawai'i what it is today.
              I'd love to, but I don't know enough. I'm hoping others, like Pua‘i, can help.

Comment

tm?temporary mental. hehehe welcome I'm bi-polar!
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Is it just me, or one day when Miulang and Palolo Joe meet they're going to fall head over heels in love with each other?

Ragin Cajun

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
                    Is it just me, or one day when Miulang and Palolo Joe meet they're going to fall head over heels in love with each other?

Ragin Cajun

It's just you. They'll fall in love with just you.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen

Ragin Cajun

Stay away, Miulang! Palolo Joe is mine!

Since Scriv won't have me ... (dreamy sigh)

Comment

They wouldn't have me either. boo hoo cause i one old lady, so i had to go back to one "cold" guy! (yeah miulang) freezing one at dat!
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          Hey. Where I come from, silence means agreement.

Edit:
                          I just re-read that and not only doesn't it make any sense, I don't even know what I meant when I wrote it. Must be bedtime.
                          Last edited by scrivener; September 6, 2005, 09:30 PM. Reason: "Win big, mama's fallen angel . . . "
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'd love to, but I don't know enough. I'm hoping others, like Pua‘i, can help.
                            I'm game.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              Stay away, Miulang! Palolo Joe is mine!

So much tension! So much drama! Not enough sleep! This gang cracks me UP!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                                So much tension! So much drama! Not enough sleep! This gang cracks me UP!

careful, crack kills!

"death; the big sleep.
                                sleep; the small death."

oh, ok. works.
                                go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X