X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

and to hide behind it?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
      Ummm...You been to the Honolulu Advertiser boards lately?

Wear your asbestos undies if ya do and ya decide to walk into a thread unprepared.

Coming in unprepared is one thing but in my case making outright lies and then teasing me about it is totally uncool. As for Tiny well he seems to be taking all this in stride as he's still smiling. So I guess he's somewhat mentally prepared or something else but it seems it ain't fazing him that much.

I like to believe I am a nice guy and if I offend anyone I'm the first to apologize. But when you work hard for the greater part of your adult life and some bozo chick who doesn't know me at all starts saying things that just aren't true just so she can get her rocks off at the expense of someone's precious career. Well there's no excuse for those kinds of tactless remarks.

And she even was cowardly enough to hide behind an alias while throwing the barbs. Yeah baby run and hide like a frickin' coward...what an asshole!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Coming in unprepared is one thing but in my case making outright lies and then teasing me about it is totally uncool. As for Tiny well he seems to be taking all this in stride as he's still smiling. So I guess he's somewhat mentally prepared or something else but it seems it ain't fazing him that much.

I like to believe I am a nice guy and if I offend anyone I'm the first to apologize. But when you work hard for the greater part of your adult life and some bozo chick who doesn't know me at all starts saying things that just aren't true just so she can get her rocks off at the expense of someone's precious career. Well there's no excuse for those kinds of tactless remarks.

And she even was cowardly enough to hide behind an alias while throwing the barbs. Yeah baby run and hide like a frickin' coward...what an asshole!
        Umm...did you persue the legal method of getting her a good smack down?

When someone threatens your livelyhood with slander, liable and defamation of character you get a lawyer to go bark at em. Most ISP's will give up the user's info when threatened with a lawsuit, they don't want to get mixed up in a mess like that.

Comment

This thread title got my attention since I've been seeing so much "evil" on threads about me. Like Craig said... I can handle... but sometimes the maliousness can get contagious.

I can really appreciate someone using their real name calling me an idiot jerk punk ass. But when posters are hiding behind an alias... it's so weak when they start calling you names.

I also had someone on my "tiny thread" threaten to call all my work places and sponsors to tell them things about me so I'd lose my job or money... I think it was because I wouldn't let him get me mad anymore and that only fed to his fire. Craig, I know how you feel.

Someone wrote that you shouldn't write in your real name so you don't get slandered... no, people who take those shots should stop immediately or be banned. There is no room for that anywhere.

Mel put it right when he said it all comes back to you. But instead of cursing yourself... just take the high road everyone. Yes, I like the disagreements and the controversy like everyone else, but it doesn't have to get soooo pilau. It just doesn't.

I'm guilty of getting caught up in it sometimes... then I gotta stop typing and pray for a little bit and get strength to be stronger.

Hey if that chicklet point system means anything to posters... and it seems it does... how about giving two or three to people who use their real names??? Now that would be interesting to see how many alias' become real people? Now that's reputation and respect!!!!!!!!!

Calling all fakers... come out of the closet and let us know who you are.

BTW, For all the ones who are very good spirited and positive... I think the alias' and logos are cool.

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani

For all the ones who are very good spirited and positive... I think the alias' and logos are cool.

tiny
            oh, how very magnanimous of you.

Comment

What does "magnamiwhatever" mean?

Just kidding Kimo... hope you're having a great evening. Stay positve man.

God Bless,

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

When it is one's business to become a public personality, it makes good sense to separate that personality from one's private life. Understand that sh*ttalk comes with the territory, shrug it off and be shrewd about it.

Seriously Craig, get an alias. Add a layer of separation between that which intimately defines you (which shouldn't be any of our business, only that local flava that is aloha shared) and your ideas--which are the best parts that you can give us.

Its like you gotta remember that the composite information you provide can one day give a stalker ammunition against you or those close to you. But balance that out with a "frickit no matta" attitude and get back to those great ideas.

I think you should become Mitz Funai or Sonny from Kapolei.

pax

Comment

uh... I give up. what?

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                    I think you should become Mitz Funai or Sonny from Kapolei.
                    Oh! That is TOO FUNNY! We'd have a Glen Miyashiro and a Mits Funai. I swear, I'd laugh my head off every time one of them posted something and the other responded. That would be a good poll for HT: Would you rather be Glen Miyashiro or Mits Funai? Hey Pua`i, you've made yourself popular around here, but if things turn sour and you need to abandon your handle, you could always come back as Miss Momi Lomilomi.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

There are a bunch of good names that somebody could use:

Sun Cho Lee
                      Conrad Jones
                      Maximo Concepcion
                      Kazu Tanaka
                      Mr. Kamakawiwo‘ole
                      Mr. Frogtree
                      Auntie Marialani
                      Fate Yanagi
                      Barry Santos

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        Hey Pua`i, you've made yourself popular around here, but if things turn sour and you need to abandon your handle, you could always come back as Miss Momi Lomilomi.
                        Darlin' if you *only* knew

And thank you for the compliment. I just realized I got a couple of green boxes and, uh, a circle/buttonless button that is colored a non-descript shade of "important" and I see that I am now a Luna™.

And as a woman who is part-Asian®, Representation is in da howse!

========
                        edited (to sufficiently kill this tangent) to add my family's names:
                        Daughters Becky and Darlene. Son is DJ. My big lug of a hubby is Dan and my Driver's License says Rosanne, but you can call me Pua'i.
                        Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; September 15, 2005, 09:33 PM.

pax

Comment

Instead of "too mean" I think it's more like "mean too". As in much like the rest of humanity.
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Just kidding Kimo... hope you're having a great evening. Stay positve man.

God Bless,

tiny
                            Tiny, did you check out those Bible verses I recommended? Good stuff, if you're interested in growing as a member of the Christian community. No offense intended, my brother. But I've got more if you're interested.

Prayin' for ya ...

Comment

Sorry MadAzza. At the time you wrote it you were being a little sarcastic and nasty yet. I really watch the source when I get things like that. You seem to have cleaned up your act... so keep it up and repeat those verses for me.

I'm praying for you too.

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                                uh... I give up. what?
                                *raises hand*

Ooo..ooo...I know!! I know!!!

He's trying to spell 'miinagaawanzh'!!!

Um...Tiny...whatchu want with a blueberry bush???

Comment

Working...
                                X