X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
    Sorry MadAzza. At the time you wrote it you were being a little sarcastic and nasty yet. I really watch the source when I get things like that. You seem to have cleaned up your act...
    tiny
    Nope, I'm still being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
      When it is one's business to become a public personality, it makes good sense to separate that personality from one's private life. Understand that sh*ttalk comes with the territory, shrug it off and be shrewd about it.

Seriously Craig, get an alias. Add a layer of separation between that which intimately defines you (which shouldn't be any of our business, only that local flava that is aloha shared) and your ideas--which are the best parts that you can give us.

Its like you gotta remember that the composite information you provide can one day give a stalker ammunition against you or those close to you. But balance that out with a "frickit no matta" attitude and get back to those great ideas.

I think you should become Mitz Funai or Sonny from Kapolei.
      Sonny from Kapolei? Nah I think Fred Hemmings got that one nailed down already...

But if I can be Mitz Funai...what I can score wit Fate (Faith) Yanagi? Fate Yanagi...I LOVE YOU....bmm bmm bmm bmm!

But really though, I actually know a Glen Miyashiro and he took a lot of ribbing from da boys when Frank Delima popularized it.

Eh! whea my can resin!!! My frickin board stay all ding up!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Sonny from Kapolei? Nah I think Fred Hemmings got that one nailed down already...

But if I can be Mitz Funai...what I can score wit Fate (Faith) Yanagi? Fate Yanagi...I LOVE YOU....bmm bmm bmm bmm!

But really though, I actually know a Glen Miyashiro and he took a lot of ribbing from da boys when Frank Delima popularized it.

Eh! whea my can resin!!! My frickin board stay all ding up!
        too funny!

I feel a *need* to create some poll, reality-tv style, to hook you up with a new nick. A nice one, and let's keep with that Japanese flava, cause its who you are and we cannot whitewash ya!

Jiro of Hiro (get it??)

pax

Comment

sniff....You guys are big meanies and I'm tellin mom;MOM! HT'S BEING MEAN AGAIN!!!

Comment

Craig Watanabe is who I am and I will never dishonor the name my parents gave me in birth.

I am proud of who I am and not afraid of telling others. If someone wants to slander me well that's their issue. But I try not to offend anyone here, I'm upfront, honest and try to be objective in my statements. If someone has a problem with that well at least it's not my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion but I prefer to be called what I've been called all my life and that's my name because that's who I am
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Thanks for the suggestion but I prefer to be called what I've been called all my life and that's my name because that's who I am
              Your name has been forever indelibly imprinted in my mind as the guy who made me ROFL with the story about small kid times and all star wrestling in the KGMB studios. That was priceless! Even now, just thinking about it, I gotta crack up laughing...ah the vision of da tunta wiping out rows of metal chairs on her way out da door...hooo!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

yowza! i've just gotten back from no-access land and this thread strikes me as quite heavy and deeply impassioned...too mean? ha! it isn't any different than the hellish bar chatter i get paid to endure (and enjoy) at gigs...i'm not a visitor to any other boards, and i was referred here by "dick," a colleague and fellow musician...i think he told me that i was the subject of a thread, and being the narcissist that i am, i had to check it out...i've since come to dig the forum for what it is, even if my three-dot posts flout protocol (i write for a living, but i'm lazy and nobody here signs my checks)...

i guess because i haven't been the target of meanness here, i may have a more myopic outlook about HT than those that get zapped with criticism...but, hell, i've been a professional musician and band member for longer than i care to remember or admit, so i've come to understand the pathology of ritual abuse...

i do know that more than one member has turned up at my gigs simply because they took the time to care...that is, as far as i'm concerned, the living, breathing manifestation of "aloha"...

in my opinion, HT is the only message board i need...i'm haole, malahini (for 34 of my 35 years), and i feel at home at HT...even if i only have one chicklet...
                Last edited by jdub; September 23, 2005, 10:05 AM.
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                  in my opinion, HT is the only message board i need...i'm haole, malahini (for 34 of my 35 years), and i feel at home at HT...even if i only have one chicklet...
                  and... if you live here long enough, soon, you may become a
                  malihini!
                  imagine that!

Comment

Hey, did you just earn yourself another chiclet?! How'd you do that? Is that all i have to do too? (waiting...) Oh well!

Comment

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Langi
                      Hey, did you just earn yourself another chiclet?! How'd you do that? Is that all i have to do too? (waiting...) Oh well!
                      YAHTZEE!! More aloha!
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

YAHTZEE!! More aloha!
                        Congrats!! I guess it counters the whole question of being too mean!

Comment

i've always wondered what those little chicklets mean...i still do...but i will confess that i find them validating...
                          Don't be mean,
                          try to help.

Comment

Hey look at me!
                            I'm a chicklet-dee too!
                            Thanks, powers that be!

I, too, am unsure of how this happens, but hey, can't hurt in the long run, right?

Comment

The chiclets show your Reputation. There's a whole long thread about it if you're curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Langi
                                Hey look at me! I'm a chicklet-dee too!
                                Then you'll want to see this, Langi: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...&postcount=122

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X