"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Heroes" on NBC

John's thread about "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?" - a bizarre reality TV show - reminded me about an upcoming scripted drama on NBC called "Heroes." It's about everyday people who have superpowers.

Okay, yes, it smells a bit like "The 4400." And more than a few folks are calling it "the next 'Lost.'" (Heck, look at the main image on the "Heroes" site... from a distance, it actually looks like a "Lost" poster.) Of course, the latter impression may come from, again, the purposefully "international" mix of castmembers. And while "superheroes among us" would be the elevator pitch, the creators insist it's more than that.

I gotta admit, I'm curious. The promo videos are pretty memorable. Even better, NBC is going to put the pilot out for free on iTunes in September. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

I will watch it as long as they don't have a "school" for these special people in upstate New York.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Heroes

So the new TV show Heroes premiered tonight.
      Made me wonder what power, if I could choose, would I want.
      I pick:
      Ability to manipulate molecules
      What would you pick?
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Re: Heroes

I really wanted to see it but I REALLY wanted to see Runaway more so I am going to catch Heroes re-run tomorrow night! Gawd I am such a TV junkie!
        <---Loser
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Thought it was a pretty good show. Liked the references to Star Trek.

If I could pick any power I'd probably go with similar powers to Rogue (X-Men).
          You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

touch people and absorb powers?

i would guess that powers would be inherited or accidental/mutated. what if you were born with th power to to be able to into a kamaboko...
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I'll pass on the kamaboko thing. If I can't do the Rogue thing maybe the Susan Storm-Richards thing. Maybe not. I'd probably get into to much trouble with those powers.
              You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

heh. ever seen the Venture Brothers that parodied Fantasic 4? =p
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Re: &quot;Heroes&quot; on NBC

Yeah I was thinking about her too, Sally Impossible. Forgive the spoilers but I think this is called for since we are talking about another series other than Heroes.

Sally Impossible is the parody of Sue Storm, Sally's power is that she can turn her skin invisible so you get to see the muscle and bone.

Comment

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/ if you missed it. i guess it reairs tommorrow too.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

If I could pick a power, I'd consider Peter Parker's powers. Strong, keen senses, good vision, almost the ability to fly....
                      -kp!

Comment

Yipe! I can't believe I missed the show. I remember thinking I'd plan ahead and download the pilot in the sneak preview in iTunes... but not only did I miss that, I missed the actual broadcast! Gotta get it into the TiVo before the rebroadcast.

The reviews have been pretty good. We've been sampling a lot of well-received new series on all the networks, though, and haven't hit anything that's totally sucked us in yet.

Comment

Wow... that's pretty cool that you can watch the episode online. I'm now caught up on the first 15 minutes I missed lol.
                          -kp!

Comment

It's also on NBC now... My TiVo is sucking it up, so we can watch it after the kids are in bed and skip the commercials to boot.

Just stumbled across the "theatrical trailer" for the show.

Comment

I watched the show and totally loved the ending........ with the two brothers finding out about each other ........ don't want to spoil it for those that didn't see it......

Goodnesssssssss too many shows to keep track this year and none of them really have me because they all come on the same time and trying to switch between 2, 3 channels.... is a killer...

But nothing can replace my Grey and house.... and the Unit... those are for sure.
                              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X