"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Did anyone catch the 'new' hero during Deal or no Deal? She has 'super' hearing and can control it.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

i haven't read any of the posts here but i just wanted to say that i watched my first two episodes ever while on a trip and it's pretty cool. fortunately for me, it was the first two episodes of the season where they were just beginning to recognize their powers. hope i don't get hooked, tho, cuz there's just so many other things i should do... !
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        So, next week, "someone dies." Doesn't neccessarily imply a hero, either.
        Next week: SOMEBODY DIES! A NEW HERO! HIRO MAKES A FUNNY JOKE!

j/k i still like the show, but these incremental promises is starting to wear thin.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          My wife observed that there seem to be a lot more nefarious, or at least non-heroic, female characters than male characters. Women you love to hate. Matt's wife Janice. Nathan's mom Angela. Claire's mother Meredith. Hope!
          This could be a tv wide phenomenon. Prison Break, for example, doesn't have many female characters. But the few they have, let's see; Caroline Reynolds, the evil president of the USA; Veronica Donovan, Lincoln's stupid naive attorney who dies in 2.01 because she's so stupid and naive; Maricruz, the floozy who almost married Hector; Sara the drug addict (to her credit, she seems to be getting stronger and bolder lately, despite the fact she is breaking the law a lot).

Anyway, back to Heroes. I don't know why, but this episode didn't quite hit me hard. Matt falling out the window was a shocker. Him hanging onto the sign reminded me of Empire Strikes Back when Luke was desperately holding onto the catwalk. Hiro's plot is getting boring . I'm guessing Ando will die next week, as well as the woman with intense hearing.

OMG, Aaron Malsky died! NOT AARON MALSKY! OH NO! ;(

Comment

I guess this week DL, Micha and Nicki got the week off.

Ted, Matt and a new person nicknamed Wireless team up and head off to Texas.

Ando and Hiro spliting apart. With Hiro encountering a bus driver played by Stan Lee.

And the shocker:

Simone getting shot by Issac while he and Peter fight it out.

Comment

Hmmm, so Suresh
              isn't just trying to prove that people with powers exist but he's trying to figure out how to suppress their powers? Wonder how long it will be before Sylar kills him?
              What is it exactly that makes Peter likely to explode? Is it that he has so much power that it's likely to go kaboom? and if that's possible, then I wonder if Sylar could also go splody? So far they're the only two who can collect a seemingly unlimited amount of other people's powers.

Comment

Perhaps Peter will meet Ted or maybe Claire's natural mother along the way.

The one thing that is weird is why Sylar is killing others. Is that needed for him to absorb powers or is to elimate possible rivals?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  The one thing that is weird is why Sylar is killing others. Is that needed for him to absorb powers or is to elimate possible rivals?
                  I don't know, I just get the feeling that he would be a psycho killer even without any supernatural powers but your two suggestions sound good, too.

Comment

they're totally setting up peter vs sylar - both can absorb skills.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

So what powers do Peter and Sylar have? According to my less-than-Charlie memory:

Sylar, at the time he met Peter, had telekinesis, Charlie's memory and the ability to freeze things (this power is clearly demonstrated in one of the graphic novels). He also had an original power -- the ability to understand how things work, right? Ok, so Peter has all those abilities too.

In addition to those, Peter can also fly, become invisible, control time/space, regenerate, predict the future, read minds, and can we assume he's acquired Eden's ability too?

Since their encounter, Sylar's only acquired the ability to melt things and super-sensitive hearing.

Did I miss anything? Has Peter ever met the Haitian? What would happen if he met Niki/Jessica?
                      Last edited by zff; February 20, 2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Peter base power is the ability to copy another person's super ability, don't know if he can copy another person's normal ability.

So far Peter has encountered the following people:
                        Nathan (flight)
                        alternate-Hiro (space-time)
                        Issac (future vision)
                        Claire (tissue regenation)
                        Sylar (telekinisis, don't know about the powers)
                        Matt (telepathy)
                        Claude (invisiblity)

Comment

so far sylar has

base - power absorbtion

supermemory retention
                          sawing-off-peoples heads power
                          possible ice power
                          telekenesis
                          super hearing
                          voice of command? i think he killed her but didnt absorb her power
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Peter has also run into Geico cave man so that's why he thinks he'll explode.
                            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Peter has met Eden too, I think, but only briefly. IIRC, there was a short time where Eden, Mohinder and Peter were all in Mohinder's apartment at one time. No one was aware of Eden's ability at the time, so I'm curious as to whether or not Peter has her power.

Comment

well peter absorbed sylars telekinesis power so he probly has but doesnt know it
                                Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Working...
                                X