"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

With "Smith" canceled, this is the only new show that's really got my attention. Tonight's episode moved things along a bit, but definitely didn't knock you back like the first two. Interesting that Hiro and his friend are going on a road trip... and that the cop got out of trouble almost as quickly as he got into it.

I missed the last minute or so, though... did anything happen after Flying Man and Pretty Daughter kissed in the rain under the red umbrella, as Tortured Artist flipped through his notebook?

One thing my wife caught about the pitch for this show: it refers to people around the world being united by a special connection, a la "LOST." But apart from Mohinder ostensiblty being from India and Hiro and friend coming from Tokyo, pretty much everyone else has surfaced in the U.S. Not quite as international as the melodramatic promos would make it sound.

Comment

Actually Nathan (Mr. Congressman hopefull) is the Flying Man. Peter should actually called Thudding Man after tonights episode. Peter actually has different powers according to an article in TV Guide magazine this week. The article spilled a couple spoilers which should be apparent in the next few episodes.

Peter's power is that he can temporarily absorb powers from the others. That's why he could fly for a short period of time after touching his brother. Can anyone say Rogue rip-off.
      Last edited by Kory K; October 9, 2006, 10:11 PM. Reason: corrected and added
      You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        I missed the last minute or so, though... did anything happen after Flying Man and Pretty Daughter kissed in the rain under the red umbrella, as Tortured Artist flipped through his notebook?
        Yes, something quite significant happened. Your DVR must have done the same thing as mine. Luckily, NBC makes the latest episode of Heroes available online.

You might want to bookmark this: http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full...s/?show=heroes

You MUST watch the very end.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the tip. That's an awful interface compared to ABC's, but I'm glad it's there this week! The last 20 seconds did indeed put a nice dollop of icing on the cake.

Comment

Monday's episode will air on the Sci-Fi Channel, this Friday at 4:00 pm (HST).

Comment

This episode was really interesting...and although the format on NBC is horrible I a glad it's there.
              My question is did the Artist draw the kissing scene previous to when we saw him looking through the book? or can he only do his special drawings when high?

I would love to see the look on the coroner's face when they see Claire come back to life
              Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

I think the artist has said outright that his futuristic visions only come through drug use. As with most superheroes, you don't get a power without a downside.

Claire's situation is pretty drastic, but I guess they had to come up with a way where her survival couldn't be explained away easily by doubters. If she was on the slab, perhaps the whole town knows she's dead... and will be pretty surprised to find out she's not! I'm curious if we'll see what happened between the quarterback assault and her waking up on the table, though. Did he take her to get help, or did he take off and leave someone else to find her?

Heck, for all we know, she didn't wake up in the regular morgue. Our cop friend might be locked up next door or something.

Comment

Where was the coroner, anyway? Didn't he (or she) just pull what looked like a chicken's foot out of Claire's neck? ..and what, he/she just disappeared?

I think her father cut her open.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin View Post
                    This episode was really interesting...and although the format on NBC is horrible I a glad it's there.
                    Speaking of which watching the last two episodes sort of reminds of how Surface told the story. Stories of various people in various places, with sub-titles saying who and where there are, seeing different parts of a bigger up-coming threat.

Comment

I also found it funny that Claire's chest was cut open already as if they started the Autopsy before they removed whatever was stuck in her head out-strange, unless they wanted her to stay "dead" while taking samples ...which would lead me to think that her "Father" or people connected to him have her and the QB just ran away like the punk that he is...and no one else is aware of her injury other than him-that's will be an interesting conversation "Say, I thought you were dead after I tried to rape you, how goes it?"

Comment

Which brings up an interesting question what will it take to kill Claire? Anyway her powers sort of works like Captain Scarlet does as opposed to Superman. You can kill the guy (Captain Scarlet) but he comes back to life later on.

Comment

Perhaps Claire's powers are something like that but then the other person that the Cop shot, just got up and disappeared as well making me wonder if that person and Claire are related?

And Peter if he can not fly but only absorb powers-he seemed to still have his brothers power of flight when he was levitating on the roof as I did not see his brother touch him before that..so how long does he hold onto someone's power?

Comment

Perhaps Claire's powers are something like that but then the other person that the Cop shot, just got up and disappeared as well making me wonder if that person and Claire are related?
                            Interesting. So Sylar is Claire's biological father? That would be a good twist.

And Peter if he can not fly but only absorb powers-he seemed to still have his brothers power of flight when he was levitating on the roof as I did not see his brother touch him before that..so how long does he hold onto someone's power?
                            I suspect he doesn't actually have to touch someone to absorb his/her power, he just has to be close -- and it doesn't appear him absorbing another mutant's power has any adverse effect on that mutant.

Comment

PZ, I too was a DVR victim that night.

Anyway, I wonder how they're going to explain Claire's situation to everyone. I wonder if she'll be put at risk now and if the heroes will have to come and save her.

I also wonder about what connection Syler has to Claire's adopted dad...?
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Well, even the promos have implied that, apart from the whole "saving the world from nuclear annihilation" plot, one thing that unites our scattered heroes is rescuing Claire. Whether she's in peril because she's publicly "outed" in her community or because of her adopted dad, we've yet to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X