Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by zff View Post
    I suspect he doesn't actually have to touch someone to absorb his/her power, he just has to be close -- and it doesn't appear him absorbing another mutant's power has any adverse effect on that mutant.
    His is an interesting power and I wonder how they are going to explain it fully...cause by theory he should then have had visons of the future by touching/being close to the druggie artist No? Although he was kind of having the psychic type of dreams way before meeting him and before he jumped off the roof...

I can't wait to see how this all ties in with the saving Claire angle-since we are going to have several of the Heroes in Las Vegas at the same time-
    So are we thinking that the adopted dad is Skylar, who could possibly be her real dad as well? Or do you think there is another totally different murderer out there?
    Last edited by hawaiidreamin; October 12, 2006, 04:48 AM.
    Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Along with "Ugly Betty" (Thursdays) & Doctor Who (Fridays) I am loooooooving this show Heroes that comes on Mondays via NBC!
      It's greeeeeeeat! Each character on the show is getting better per episode!
      Wasn't too keen on the cheerleader but seeing what happened at the end of Ep.3 I am curious to see the outcome. And my faves is the Japanese Guy...

Comment

time Ninja
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Was that a piece of wood that was stuck in Claire's head? After that was removed she was able to heal herself? Kind of wondering how she deals with blood loss?

Claire's dad seems to be racking up those frequent flyer miles. He and the other guy is in LA doing something with Matt (the mind reading cop), then he goes home to Texas to see Claire and then heads off to Vegas to encounter Nathan and Nicki.

At least now Mohinder and Peter are starting to gather together to at least try to meet Issac.

So far Hiro and his friend Ando are referencing Spider-Man. I wonder when someone on the series is going to reference somebody on the X-Men? Peter seems to be kind of close to Rogue, Nathan is Angel without the wings.

Comment

Wow. I am so enjoying this show. My sense of crushing disappointment when they fade to black with "To be continued..." reminds me of the first season of "LOST."

I still maintain that Nikki's "power" isn't really, but she's still a fascinating character. And Claire's revenge was great. I loved how Hiro and Nikki crossed paths but never knew it. And how poorly Hiro's friend's "translating" turned out. But the "alter Hiro" is the most intriguing development.

Who is Sylar? And is "glasses guy" dad really the bad guy? His character is among the most intriguing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              I still maintain that Nikki's "power" isn't really, but she's still a fascinating character.
              I haven't seen the first episode nor paid attention enough to notice Nikki before but when the alter-Nikki kicked in not only she is more aggressive but I did notice a tatto on her right back. I don't know if the normal-Nikki had one in the same place or not but it would be something to look out for.

And Claire's revenge was great.
              I dunno about that, I think even though she can survive the crash she might be in worse legal trouble for killing the football player, assuming of course she can avoid the police or anyone else who might have seen the accident.

I loved how Hiro and Nikki crossed paths but never knew it. And how poorly Hiro's friend's "translating" turned out. But the "alter Hiro" is the most intriguing development.
              no idea how far in the future the Hiro at the end of episode came from

Who is Sylar? And is "glasses guy" dad really the bad guy? His character is among the most intriguing to me.
              I can assume that Sylar is the guy who opens up skulls and remove the brains from people. And it might be the guy who Matt encounters in the 3rd episode who can survive bullets, fly and has some form of telekinesis.

I don't know if Claire's dad and the other guy are part of a group with no initials who are after Sylar and might be recuiting others to stop Sylar. Assuming Sylar is also the same person responsible for the New York being nuked in November.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                So far Hiro and his friend Ando are referencing Spider-Man. I wonder when someone on the series is going to reference somebody on the X-Men?
                In the first episode, Hiro mentions Kitty Pryde in X-Men #143.

Peter seems to be kind of close to Rogue, Nathan is Angel without the wings.
                Niki seems to be the She-Hulk. Sort of.

.....but when the alter-Nikki kicked in not only she is more aggressive but I did notice a tatto on her right back. I don't know if the normal-Nikki had one in the same place or not but it would be something to look out for.
                Good catch. I'm pretty sure normal-Niki did NOT have a tattoo in that spot. I'll review the pilot tomorrow to double-check.

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Wow. I am so enjoying this show. My sense of crushing disappointment when they fade to black with "To be continued..." reminds me of the first season of "LOST."
                I never followed Lost in its first season, but I can relate to your "crushing disappointment". I felt it too. The cliffhangers keep getting better.

Comment

That might make Claire either Wolverine without the adamantium skeleton or Dracula without the sunlight and maybe the garlic weakness or the need to drink human blood (maybe maple suryp is what she runs on).

Comment

I wonder what will kill her? If you chop off her head can she regenerate from that if you stick her head back on her body? What if you put it on say, a dogs body? =p
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Reg. Niki did not have that tattoo on her shoulder I was looking for it specifically after they zoomed in on it-when Glasses and Baldy are watching them in the bed, it's not there....

Claire is going to have to answer some questions I would imagine-things are not going to add up in that accident...

Now, what's going on with perfect english speaking future Hiro? They can't leave me hanging like this....

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                        I wonder what will kill her? If you chop off her head can she regenerate from that if you stick her head back on her body? What if you put it on say, a dogs body? =p
                        I am curious about that...so far she has not totally severed a body part and had it grow back right? I have only seen her mangle herself...

Comment

I just re-watched the pilot, and although her hair is sort of in the way, it really looks like normal-Niki does NOT have a "hero symbol" tattoo.

Comment

For those of you lost about this show EW gave a rundown:
                            Everyday 'Heroes'
                            Meet the ''Heroes'' -- A user friendly guide to NBC's superhero drama by Jeff Jensen

1. HIRO NAKAMURA
                            (Masi Oka), comic-book-geeky cubicle jockey who can bend space and time with his mind.
                            A LOT LIKE...
                            Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan, physicist — turned — plutonium blue demigod.
                            HOWEVER...
                            Manhattan was powerless to change future calamities. Can Hiro?

2. NIKI SANDERS
                            (Ali Larter), single-mom webcam stripper with an uncontrollable, superviolent alter ego.
                            A LOT LIKE...
                            The Hulk, the furious monster lurking within mild-mannered Bruce Banner.
                            HOWEVER...
                            Do any other super-freaks dwell inside her schizoid mind? And could she unknowingly be the homicidal Sylar?

3 — 4. PETER AND NATHAN PETRELLI

(Milo Ventimiglia, Adrian Pasdar), brothers who can fly. Politician Nathan can soar. Dreamy Peter can only hover.
                            A LOT LIKE...
                            Angel, winged X-Man with heavy emotional baggage. HOWEVER...
                            Angel is good. Is Nathan? And we suspect Peter is more than a mere floater.

5. CLAIRE BENNET
                            (Hayden Panettiere), indestructible teenager with amazing hair, more worried about high school than saving the world.
                            A LOT LIKE...
                            Wolverine, angsty, hairy X-Man with healing powers and metal bones.
                            HOWEVER...
                            Does her creepy dad hold all the secrets to these budding heroes?

6. MATT PARKMAN
                            (Greg Grunberg), cop with so-so detective chops who solves crimes via mental telepathy.
                            A LOT LIKE...
                            Daredevil, gritty crime fighter whose extrasensory radar compensates for being blind.
                            HOWEVER...
                            Can he catch (supernatural?) serial killer Sylar without revealing his own secret?
                            (Posted:10/06/06)
                            Where the hell does she get new cheering outfits?
                            Attached Files
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

This is interesting. Claire Bennet (the invincible cheerleader) has a myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/clairebennet

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                                For those of you lost about this show EW gave a rundown:Where the hell does she get new cheering outfits?
                                More importantly...does she have any other clothes BESIDES cheerleading uniforms?
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X