"Heroes" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" on NBC

"Heroes" has got to be one of the shortest hours on television! Gah. Hate having to wait a week for another new episode.

More of our friends cross each others' paths. And we meet yet another special person (though an obvious one). The teaser for next week hints there may be many more... and that Mr. Bennet may not be the nemesis he was first thought to be.

Loved the "Locke Moment" in this episode. The "LOST" parallels are too strong to be coincidence.

Comment

I am begin to wonder if the guy (Ted) that Matt help stopped in the hospital is the cause of the future nuclear explosion in New York?

Comment

Damn. I recorded Heroes in my DVR, but while I was watching it, something weird happened. About 20 minutes into the show, it started playing from the beginning again. When it got to the same 20 minute point again, it suddenly skipped over to the last 20 mintues of the show. I'm missing a 20 minute chunk right in the middle.

I don't know if it's my DVR, Oceanic, or Oceanic hi-def specifically, but did this happen to anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          "Heroes" has got to be one of the shortest hours on television! Gah. Hate having to wait a week for another new episode.
          I wish Hiro could go forward in time, to say ... August 2007, pick up a case of Heroes Season 1 DVD's, come back here, and sell them to us at wholesale

Comments about this episode:

* Not enough Hiro! He was just in one scene!

* Micah's ability is cool!

Comment

Yeah. Sadly, like most ensemble shows, characters will have to take turns in the limelight. Unlike "LOST," at least, episodes aren't single-character focused.

In addition to the "Locke moment," I also enjoyed the little YouTube mention. "I'm going to upload this to YouTube and make, like, a million dollars!" brother says. Sister responds, "YouTube is free, you idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              Yeah. Sadly, like most ensemble shows, characters will have to take turns in the limelight. Unlike "LOST," at least, episodes aren't single-character focused.

In addition to the "Locke moment," I also enjoyed the little YouTube mention. "I'm going to upload this to YouTube and make, like, a million dollars!" brother says. Sister responds, "YouTube is free, you idiot."
              Ok, I watched but apparently missed the "Locke Moment"! Can someone please clue me in?

This show is wide open to only get more and more interesting. Keeping fingers crossed the writers won't go awry!

I am also an artist (posting under this name on Renderosity if you want to see some of my work). I like the graphics in the cartoony precog paintings. Is there anything written on the real artist anywhere?

Clear skies to you~

Deb
              Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

Originally posted by Debwhosmiles View Post
                Ok, I watched but apparently missed the "Locke Moment"! Can someone please clue me in?
                We meet Nathan's wife, Heidi... and learn in a scene very reminiscent of the episode "Walkabout" in "LOST" that she's confined to a wheelchair. They have a long conversation and the scene ends with her wheeling away.

I also forgot. We actually met two new "special people" this week. Micah, who can mess with electronics, and Ted, Mr. Radiation. Apparently in the unaired original pilot, a similar fellow with similar powers was one of the major early characters.

Comment

I am curious if Micah's ability only affects inanimate objects...and he knew his mother was not really his mother yet he did not seemed to be to upset by it...does he want to get away from his father that badly?
                  Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

I missed the begining of tonight's episode but I suppose I can see it when it repeats on the Sci-Fi channel on Friday 5pm.

In any event tonight's episode hints that Mr. Bennet is a good guy, seems to care about Claire and is concerned that she is a target of Sylar.

Comment

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Am I the only one who goes "phhhhoooot" when Hiro uses his power? =p
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        In any event tonight's episode hints that Mr. Bennet is a good guy, seems to care about Claire and is concerned that she is a target of Sylar.
                        I would say he's well meaning, like pre-Sith Anakin (if I may use a Star Wars analogy). We heard a little bit more about Claire's real parents, and it sounds like Mr. Bennet may have had something to do with their deaths (maybe experimented too much to figure out the nature of their powers).

I don't think Mr. Bennet will turn bad anytime soon, but I wouldn't put him on the list of good guys free and clear just yet.

Comment

I recently re-read some of these, and theyre still funny. If you havent seen it before:
                          http://www.seanbaby.com/super.htm

bonus on the twinkies comic scans.
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I get a kick out of the little contemporary references. Earlier there was that YouTube crack. This latest episode had two in the diner scene with Hiro. When the police officers are firing trivia questions at the waitress, one scolds the other, "Hey, she's not Google, you know."

But the best line was when the waitress asks one of them -- as he scowls at a crossword puzzle -- what he'd like to have. "A gun, to shoot Will Shorts."

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                              Damn. I recorded Heroes in my DVR, but while I was watching it, something weird happened. About 20 minutes into the show, it started playing from the beginning again. When it got to the same 20 minute point again, it suddenly skipped over to the last 20 mintues of the show. I'm missing a 20 minute chunk right in the middle.

I don't know if it's my DVR, Oceanic, or Oceanic hi-def specifically, but did this happen to anyone else?
                              yeah this happened to me a few weeks ago. I thought was my DVR though, it has been acting up.

Secondly, I'm really glad that I'm all caught up on this series so I can actually read this thread.

Comment

• Re: Heroes

Originally posted by Debwhosmiles View Post

What power would I want? Hmmmm... I've always heard the phrase "Power of Truth" so like the policeman, hearing peoples thoughts (if controllable) would be useful but one would probably need a very thick skin... then again, wouldn't FLYING be the most FUN! (Cannot Decide!)
                                Being a sales guy, I'd like the power of the Purple Man. (a Daredevil villian that besides being purple, had the power to control people by simply making suggestions. Kind of like a Jedi mind trick but much more powerful.)

And by the way, I wouldn't want to be purple. What power's would you guys like to have?

And by the way, it'll be interesting to hear why Syler is trying to kill all of the folks with the powers. I wonder if Glasses Man had a hand in his creation?

And I bet the Radiation Man will be tied into the plot about NYC being nuked. He's probably the way the city is destroyed in one version of the future.
                                Last edited by 808shooter; November 16, 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X