Mainland Chains vs. Island Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mainland Chains vs. Island Culture

I think we have a prime example of two "mainland chains" battling it out over Island culture in previous posts....

Maddie and Kimo... If they ever have a thread of the year award...this one goes to you two. Your guys battle is getting saved to my hard drive...Kimo... bash anothe haole again... I bust em out again...oooh...rub the salt into the wound!

Love you Kimo but damn... your ex-wahine has some strong online points...

I stay waiting for one response online....she called you out kimo...and I think in all honesty... you deserved a licking...

Hugs...

Manoa
    Last edited by damontucker; August 15, 2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I stay waiting for one response online....she called you out kimo...and I think in all honesty... you deserved a licking...

Hugs...
      What a hypocritical statement... slamming one user, saying they "deserved a licking," then following it up with "hugs..."

What a crock...

Comment

comment withdrawn, with apologies to all
        Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 16, 2006, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          ...says everyone's favorite delicate flower.

Oh, no...here we go again :-O
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Joe, lol, we have to get you your own show-you crack me up. But couldn't it be tough love? Like "I hit you cause I love you" or "Hugs Kimo but you do deserve a lickin' now and again".

Also, tangental to what you said Joe, am I the only who perceives a distinct sucking up to Prof. K. by some members (non names, Manoa I'm not talking about you)?

Don't get me wrong, t3h Prof. and I are like this: X. It's just when the ass kissing gets to a certain point, where idividuals are reserved to disagree with the esteemed Prof., it sickens me.

(BTW, I don't kiss Joe's ass this is only the second time I've ever responded to one of his posts)
            Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; August 16, 2006, 07:56 AM.
            "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
            "But I can't even read good."
            "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
            "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
              Oh, no...here we go again :-O
              Sorry, sorry, everyone...cheap shot on my part, Joe; I apologize & withdraw the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
                Joe, lol, we have to get you your own show-you crack me up. But couldn't it be tough love? Like "I hit you cause I love you" or "Hugs Kimo but you do deserve a lickin' now and again".

Also, tangental to what you said Joe, am I the only who perceives a distinct sucking up to Prof. K. by some members (non names, Manoa I'm not talking about you)?

Don't get me wrong, t3h Prof. and I are like this: X. It's just when the ass kissing gets to a certain point, where idividuals are reserved to disagree with the esteemed Prof., it sickens me.

(BTW, I don't kiss Joe's ass this is only the second time I've ever responded to one of his posts)
                Prodding other users to continue their drama, then ending it with "hugs" is just nauseating to me.

Whitepoint, I don't see it as sucking up... it's more like high school, when there were little cliques of people who thought they were cooler than everyone else.

I wasn't one of the "cool kids" in high school, and I'm not one of the "cool kids" on HT.

And I don't think anyone here would ever suck up to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                  Perhaps not, but I hope my apology is a step towards repairing damage done.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                    Prodding other users to continue their drama, then ending it with "hugs" is just nauseating to me.

Whitepoint, I don't see it as sucking up... it's more like high school, when there were little cliques of people who thought they were cooler than everyone else.

I wasn't one of the "cool kids" in high school, and I'm not one of the "cool kids" on HT.

Auwe Palolo Joe...see what you get for thinking? Remember those days when you get into one beef and then after you best friends! How you figgah!

It's not sucking up...but respecting your opinion and statements and still come out smelling good. Now that's cool. That says you can dish it out and take it too and still come out in style.

So Palolo Joe...here's to you braddah...one buggah dat get plenty pride and no kea about anyone else! AND no fraid to come back and show face. Now das pride man! And for dat I give you one biiiiggggg hug
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: Mainland Chains vs. Island Culture

Whatever is happening between two of our folks in 'real life' is, quite simply, none of our damned business.
                      I don't know either of them, but I wish them both well.
                      And, you know, hugs.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

So Palolo Joe...here's to you braddah...one buggah dat get plenty pride and no kea about anyone else! AND no fraid to come back and show face. Now das pride man! And for dat I give you one biiiiggggg hug
                        Ooh, now I like see if he going hug back. That's Hawaiian style, eh?

Comment

Poor Kimo. Gosh, I never thought I would ever say that . I hope he comes back but man he gotta chill if he wants to be a spokesperson for us local peeps...

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                            but man he gotta chill if he wants to be a spokesperson for us local peeps...
                            I don't believe he would claim to be a spokesperson for anyone but himself. I miss his twisted humor, but I don't miss the not-so-subtle bile that would sometimes appear. He's taken breaks from HT before, something that many people have done; a little downtime for self-evaluation never hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              I don't believe he would claim to be a spokesperson for anyone but himself. I miss his twisted humor, but I don't miss the not-so-subtle bile that would sometimes appear. He's taken breaks from HT before, something that many people have done; a little downtime for self-evaluation never hurts.
                              Well he does use "we" a lot... perhaps a little too wrecklessly.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                                Ooh, now I like see if he going hug back. That's Hawaiian style, eh?
                                yeah no shame...you beef...you stop...you shake...go pound da Heinekens...jam some Kanekapila on the Ovation and the KK den cruz the rest of the day remarking how solid that false crack was...eh wea you wen learn for box ladat?
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X