Olive Garden - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Garden - when?

Does anyone know when an Olive Garden will get here to the islands? Very nice restaurant, and I thought they were going to go into Ala Moana Center, but apparently, they did not.

Anyone out there in HT land that knows anything more about this?

Thank you!

Re: Olive Garden - when?

This is an exerpt from the actual Olive Garden company website. I don't see HI there.

Where will you be building future Olive Garden restaurants?
    As of August 2006, we plan to build new restaurants in the locations listed below. Actual locations, the number of new restaurants, and opening dates are projected and are subject to change. If your city is not listed, we hope to be coming soon. Please check back in October 2006 for an updated list.

Future Locations:
    Florence, SC (August 2006)
    Dothan, AL (August 2006)
    San Angelo, TX (September 2006)
    New Braunfels, TX (September 2006)
    Grove City, OH (September 2006)
    Hyattsville, MD (October 2006)
    Mankato, MN (October 2006)
    Hot Springs, AR (October 2006)
    Altamonte Springs, FL (November 2006)
    West Wichita, KS (November 2006)
    Opelika (Auburn), AL (November 2006)
    Hattiesburg, MS (November 2006)
    Leominster, MA (December 2006)
    Sioux City, IA (December 2006)
    Clarksville, IN (December 2006)
    Idaho Falls, ID (December 2006)
    Greenville, SC (December 2006)
    Temecula, CA (January 2007)
    Victoria, TX (January 2007)
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Ya, I checked that list out after I posted and maybe nobody in Hawaii likes Italian food from Olive Garden! aya! That place is really good!

Comment

If the national chain's parent company has not placed an Olive Garden here, it's not because local people don't like Italian food.

It's just frustrating to see all those national chain commercials on TV and not have a whatever-it-is here.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
          If the national chain's parent company has not placed an Olive Garden here, it's not because local people don't like Italian food.

It's just frustrating to see all those national chain commercials on TV and not have a whatever-it-is here.
          You don't need an Olive Garden there. You already have Romano's Macaroni Grill in Ala Moana Ctr. That's got better "Italian" than Olive Garden by a longshot.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            You don't need an Olive Garden there. You already have Romano's Macaroni Grill in Ala Moana Ctr. That's got better "Italian" than Olive Garden by a longshot.
            And Assaggio is better still.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              True. I didn't realize they had one in Kailua, but they do.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                Olive Garden is owned by Darden Restaurants, which also owns Red Lobster, so they do have a (limited) presence in Hawaii.

I worked at Olive Garden for 3 years when I was in high school, and I gained about 15 lbs. from all the alfredo and breadsticks!

Comment

Exactly! Their breadsticks are really good!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio

Heavenly. No mainland chain comes close. Shoots. Even I can't come close to that chicken-eggplant-mushroom-parmigianna dish. Oh man. I know they'll make take out. One of these nights me and Kid 1 and Kid 2 are just going to have to do this!

@
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Assagio/Paesanos both are awesome...

But if your taste for Italian food goes past red sauce and spaghetti you should check out Mediteranio on King Street (across from 1st Hawaiian Bank and two doors from the Fortune Teller). Great small & cozy restaurant. No reservations just walk in. You know you are in for a different experience when the bread is served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Huge portions, fresh everything, moderately priced...but sometimes spotty service. Well worth a try...and definitley a step up from The Olive Garden.

Comment

Mediteraneo is also quite good. Isn't it somehow linked to the Cafe Sistina chef?
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                          Mediteraneo is also quite good. Isn't it somehow linked to the Cafe Sistina chef?
                          You might be thinking of Pane e Vino which has the same owner as Mediterraneo. Here's a link to a review done by Helen Wu for the Advertiser of Pane. She mentions both spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Miulang
                            Sorry dear.... Romano's does not come close to Olive Garden in my book. You can't bead the Olive Garden breadsticks... and the soup or salad ... all you can eat .... ono...

Eat the breadsticks/soup/salad and take your food home... even better the next day... very ono...
                            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                            Mark Twain

Comment

God, not soon enough!

Olive Garden is heaven on a plate.
                              It's magic, you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X