X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 9

http://www.shokudojapanese.com/

The honey toast is the picture furthest on the right (of the food pictures). Two really thick slices of bread with the centers cut out and cubed, with honey (or caramel and honey or chocolate and honey or red beans) topped with ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri

The honey toast is the picture furthest on the right (of the food pictures). Two really thick slices of bread with the centers cut out and cubed, with honey (or caramel and honey or chocolate and honey or red beans) topped with ice cream.
      Oh. God. Yes. Please.

Oh, where was I? Oh yeah...lunch.
      Spicy tuna roll, pretty simple stuff. Lemonade.
      Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 31, 2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

A couple of chickenburgers and a bottle of water.

Comment

2 Fried Pork Chops with Fresh Mushroom Brown Gravy all ova, two scoops steam rice. Macaroni Salad from Linh's on N. King Street. A can of Iced Cold Pepsi.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Macaroni & Cheese topped with two Mays teri burger patties and a lunch pack bag of Fritos...leftovers from my son's 1st birthday party.

Thank God those leftovers are running out...I'm jonesing for some Thai food.

Comment

Kalua Pork Plate Lunch from Ono HAwaiian BBQ here on the mainland...

Currently eating the leftovers for dinner right now. Yummy
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Pork adobo, brown rice, veggies and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to go on an exchange trip to Japan during high school. My mom told me that even the rice would be better. She was SO right.

Another thing I miss is real Japanese bread. Even white bread, which I avoid here at home. The St. Germaine bakery bread here is not the same. It LOOKS similar, but it is a far cry. The picture of the honey toast reminded me of how much I miss Japan-bread ... and rice ... and how I wish I still had the wooden geta I bought there. (sigh) I could walk around like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa!

Back OT ... I was too busy to eat lunch today. Snacked on Goldfish later in the pm. (Da crackah, silly!)
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

*After giving Leo Lakio a moment (or three) of privacy*

I miss the Japanese breakfasts in Japan. (Not the "American" breakfasts in Japan which inevitably included runny scrambled eggs). A small salad, natto, miso soup, fruit, good rice and a piece of fish. mmmmmm. Ok, ok, this isn't the breakfast thread.

Lunch. Somewhere in Chinatown. I dunno the name of the place but I know how to find it. Beef Pho (but none of the "weird" stuff like tendons and tripe *g*) and iced coffee with condensed milk.

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles and cup of Mountain Dew from U-Choice In.

Comment

Polish sausage, chicken bake and Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

*After giving Leo Lakio a moment (or three) of privacy*

I miss the Japanese breakfasts in Japan. (Not the "American" breakfasts in Japan which inevitably included runny scrambled eggs). A small salad, natto, miso soup, fruit, good rice and a piece of fish. mmmmmm. Ok, ok, this isn't the breakfast thread.

Lunch. Somewhere in Chinatown. I dunno the name of the place but I know how to find it. Beef Pho (but none of the "weird" stuff like tendons and tripe *g*) and iced coffee with condensed milk.
                          do you know that New Eagle Cafe serves the traditional Japanese breakfasts??

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle
                            I was fortunate enough to go on an exchange trip to Japan during high school. My mom told me that even the rice would be better. She was SO right.

Another thing I miss is real Japanese bread. Even white bread, which I avoid here at home. The St. Germaine bakery bread here is not the same. It LOOKS similar, but it is a far cry. The picture of the honey toast reminded me of how much I miss Japan-bread ... and rice ... and how I wish I still had the wooden geta I bought there. (sigh) I could walk around like Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa!

Back OT ... I was too busy to eat lunch today. Snacked on Goldfish later in the pm. (Da crackah, silly!)

You might want to try the bread at Ginza Kimuraya (Kahala Mall). It's pretty close to the real deal. You know you're in a "authentic" place when all you see are Japanese nationals eating there. Too bad they don't serve a traditional Japanese breakfast. Their lunch menu is quite good though!

Comment

Cheeseburger, tuna sandwich and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

Chicken Katsu-don and Diet Coke from Okata Bento!
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X