"Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Ah, it's good to be musing about "LOST" filming locations again... and as always, potential spoiler warnings apply (though may be self-evident in this meta "news and sightings" thread).

Of course, catching them in the act of filming makes it easy. So thanks to eagle-eyed spotters here and elsewhere, we have some we expect we'll see come Season 3. Convention Center (again), Mililani Mauka lychee farms, Palolo Valley Recreation Center, Waimea Valley Audubon Center, Waimanalo Bay... I've precollected photos of some of these already, of course.

But... while it's the most fun to watch the episode as it airs to figure out the setting, there's a fun middle ground known as advance promotional photos. (Of course, now the server is overloaded, so you might not get to see them immediately.) And a set posted for the first episode helped me connect the story jdub told here about being annoyed at the "LOST" crew when he was playing a gig at Murphy's.

I immediately recognized one location, and headed over during lunch today. The William Gibson Building on Merchant St., I guess the old police building. They used both the interior (reference) and exterior (reference).

I'm feeling a bit rusty, so it's nice to get a little practice in early!

Comment

I spotted the "Base Camp" today for what I assume was "Lost" on Kalanianaole Hwy. just before the Hawaii Kai Golf Course on the ocean side.

Comment

Anyone read this Watch with Kristin post from August:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/w/20060824/115648050001_1.html

Comment

"Base Camp" yesterday/Monday 9/25 was in the Dowsett/Old Pali Drive area - tons of crew cars taking up most of the parking in the area. Must have been a long day - morning commuters could spot the setup. and the direction signs were still up for the evening commute the other way.

Comment

Aloha kakou!

It's great that a new season of Lost is right on the horizon. I'm especially glad to hear pzarquon and his wife back with their podcasts. It's good to see that we're all ready to start hunting those Lost locations again. I'll have a new edition of Lost Filming locations up by this weekend using pzarquon's photos as well as a couple of great shots of China Walls by forum member Pomai.

I'm very jealous of those of you who will get to see the first episode this weekend. I'll be on Oahu in late October for my annual visit and hope to do some of my own Lost exploring.

John

Comment

Has anyone done a Flickr or Google map of all the Lost shooting locations?

Comment

Ryan has one on his site:

http://www.hawaiiup.com/lost/locationsmap/

It's not totally updated though.

Lost Virtual Tour has one at:

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/lost/...phy/index.html

John

Comment

"LOST" Ep. 3 premiere tonight?

Aloha...
                  Going to the premiere tonight?

Could someone lend a hand please? My wife has a wedding to photograph tonight, my youngest just broke his foot, I had two concerts to host this past week on top of my day job, and I have felt a cold coming on for the past day or so... or should I say HAD felt a cold coming 'cause lucky me, it's here!!

At any rate, i'm gonna have to tap out and change plans to go... so if someone that intends to watch the premiere tonight on the beach could kindly write or post something (without giving away anything) in regards to the question below... I would greatly appreciate the support. I'll now be home watching the 3 boys (and trying not to get them sick) until mommy returns.

Anyway, my 2 oldest were among a group of kids that filmed a few scenes involving 'Jack' outside an elementary school, watching 'his' wife, etc.

Could someone that goes tonight please tell me if those scenes are part of the premiere episode?

If so, I'd like to be able to tell my sister and parents in California... as they don't normally follow LOST, but would like to watch the national broadcast if the boys make it past the editing room. and it be great to know if they SHOUL watch this week or can take the night off and look to later episodes instead...

Make sense?
                  Not the end of the world either way but thought I'd throw it out there since a sneak peak is available here in Hawaii... and I'm sure many of you won't be missing it like me.

alright, time for another round of OJ and horizontal positioning!

aloha, jason
                  808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Jason! No worries. My wife and I will be there, with several members of the Hawaii LOST Fan Club. (Check the nifty T-shirts!) I know exactly what scene you're looking for, and I'll definitely let you know if it appears in the Season 3 Premiere. Given that Episode 3x01 will contain flashbacks for at least Jack, I think there's a good chance it will.

Comment

Argh, my mom's getting off work late but she promises she'll be back in time to get to Waikiki before 5:30. She just called me up and nagged me to go wash whatever clothes I'm wearing
                      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Jason! No worries. My wife and I will be there, with several members of the Hawaii LOST Fan Club. (Check the nifty T-shirts!) I know exactly what scene you're looking for, and I'll definitely let you know if it appears in the Season 3 Premiere. Given that Episode 3x01 will contain flashbacks for at least Jack, I think there's a good chance it will.

Mahalo Ryan!!!
                        I knew I could count on you (and perhaps others!) if ya saw it in time.

Nice the shirts... have fun!

aloha
                        808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

WOOOOOO my feet are killing me.

Here's my piccies of random cast members! Our camera died halfway through the night

I have photos of Josh Holloway on a disposable cam and possibly some others but they won't be online for a long, long time most likely *sigh*
                          I mostly hate that it died before I could take pics of cast members signing my DVD later in the night.

Heh, my mom was screaming for Michael Emerson to come sign our DVD as he was leaving the restroom, and then he took pics with everyone around us. It was awesome.

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...S3%20Premiere/

Comment

nice pictures.... I'm now really kicking myself in the ass for not getting down there....

So how was the first episode...w/out giving anything away????

Just give me a 1 - 10 ranking on your own judgement....that way their is no even temptation to look at the spoiler tag.

P.S. did you see PZ?

Comment

The beginning alone was amazing. Threw me off like first ep of the second season did. The rest of the episode was good from what I was able to pay attention to/catch. Seemed a bit surreal from the setting alone. I can't really make a good judgment until I get to sit down and watch it without any distractions but just the personal enjoyment I got out of what I DID see was at least worth an 8/8.5 or more.

Oh, and no, I didn't see PZ.

Comment

Always a fun experience. The family was coming out of a bad battle with a bad bug, but I'm glad we made the trek. Some folks staked out the red carpet, we stayed put in front of the screen. Apart from the live band (Pohaku, which played mediocre music between begging people to buy their junk or to call local radio stations to beg them for airplay), few complaints. At least it didn't rain!

There are, of course, plenty of detailed write-ups about what happened in the Season 3 premiere, so I won't bother with it. I did post my thoughts about the Season 3 premiere at The Fuselage, though, so I'll share them here. Even though I'd hope this entire thread already has a spoiler warning implied, I'll hide it anyway. Peek at your own risk:
                                Did I like it? Sure! The opening scene is certainly an attention grabber. The episode overall was limited to Jack, Sawyer, and Kate, but that certainly was enough to bite off for a season opener and no doubt subsequent episodes will cycle through the other groups (Sun, Jin and Sayid, the rest of the survivors, and Hurley). It didn't have the "Huh?" ending of the Season 2 opener, but as the first chapter in a six-episode arc, it's a nice setup.

Jen, my wife, liked it too. Probably more than I did, though.

Watching the episode, I couldn't stop shaking the sense of seeing the Season 1 opener, or watching all of Season 1 for that matter, and feeling like it was a different show. Still a good show, but different. Some things in the Season 3 premiere last night came off as just a little too much, you know? The opening scene is awesome... but is disconnected from anything else and (as someone said) seems mostly an attempt to "top" finding Desmond in the hatch last time. The DHARMA fish biscuit. (The grain alone would have been fine.) The Stephen King shoutout. (I reallywonder if King will be amused, or disappointed.) Another gratuitious Kate shower scene. It felt like there was a checklist. Underwater hatch? Suspecting Jack's dad as Sarah's affair (though the 'cell phone scene' was done well)? An almost too contrived set up for Kate's 'agonizing choice'? Check, check, check...

On the other hand... well, spoiler hounds ruin things for ourselves, don't we? We speculate and snoop so much, nothing surprises us. Oh, to see "LOST" from the eyes of an unjaded TV viewer. Maybe the sense of a checklist is really them getting some of this stuff out of the way early, to tell us, "Hey, there's more to it." I hope so!

I'm still a big "LOST" fan, just a more realistic one. I can't wait for everyone else to see what we saw, and for Season 3 to begin in earnest.
                                Originally posted by 808shows.com View Post
                                I knew I could count on you (and perhaps others!) if ya saw it in time.
                                Hey, Jason! No problem. Well, they cut 90 percent of the Palolo Valley Recreation Center scene. You may see your kids from afar, but apart from the shot from across the street, we didn't see much.

Comment

Working...
                                X