"Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does filming end for Season 3?

I am so thrilled I found this website! My husband and I are headed back to Oahu for 8 days at the end of March/1st week in April. We were there on vacation in April of 2005 and I forgot how much I missed being there (I grew up on Schofield Barracks in the late 70's).

I was curious to know if filming will be finished by the end of March/beginning of April. Even if we didn't see any cast members, me being the LOST junkie I am would be thrilled to see a bunch of White Trailer Trucks and see them setting up for filming. we've rented a condo on the Windward side of the Island and I know we'll be all over the island during our stay.

I am just so excited to go back and be surrounded by such beautiful people. It was my husband's first time to Hawaii and he said it felt like he was in another country and not part of the US. I guess we are just so used to the rude people where we live in Florida, that it was a nice change of pace!

Comment

• Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Absolutely unbelievable that the Advertiser would post Evangeline's home address! And not just once (the initial "breaking news" item) but TWICE (an updated item).

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Here's an update. No one was hurt but the house was a complete loss.

And Likanui -- I guess it doesn't matter now that the world knows where Evangeline's house is, because she sure isn't going to be living there any more.

Comment

The home addresses of most of the actors are fairly well known, in some circles, and probably findable by anyone who really wants them... but I'd definitely have thought twice about publishing a full street address for a celebrity in a major metro newspaper. It is true that Evangeline probably won't be residing there any longer, but still... could they have known that when posting the "breaking" item? Why did Evangeline's street address get put right out there, but not Josh Holloway's when he and his family were robbed at gunpoint?

Of course, the second update from the Advertiser does include a couple of other tidbits of interest to local fans, including the fact that they were filming in Waialua this morning, and that shooting breaks for the holidays tomorrow.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought in the case of major fire's the addresses are almost always displayed regardless if it's the home of a famous person or not. I thought this is to inform people who might be out of town if they are reading a newspaper, internet, etc. to know that there was a fire quite possibly next door to their house. It seems everytime a fire is reported or logged in the paper the address is identified. Could this also be a legal reference for insurance purposes, I don't know all the reasons why to be honest.

I do see the sensationalism angle the paper can get out of reporting this story.

I know a close friend of Evangeline, so I'll probably be talking to them to see how things are going. Terrible incident, glad nobody was hurt.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
              Here's an update. No one was hurt but the house was a complete loss.
              What's scary here is that what I'm sure were for security reasons all of the windows had bars. IF someone had been inside they could have easily have been trapped and died. That's a lesson for folks who have bars on their windows.

John

Comment

I'm glad no one was home when it happened, but I'm slightly annoyed that KGMB and KITV (the two I saw) deemed it newsworthy to rehash the troubles with the cops some of the other cast members have had. What had that to do with a house fire?
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought in the case of major fire's the addresses are almost always displayed regardless if it's the home of a famous person or not.
                  Interesting. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I always thought full street addresses were less common -- most stories just give the street, if not merely the neighborhood or general location. A lazy Google of the Star-Bulletin shows a mix of pieces where the street number is printed versus a more general location.

Even if printing the street number were common, I would hope there was at least some question in the newsroom as to whether it would be done in this case.

Anyway. Definitely glad no one was hurt. Was intrigued to read that one of Evangeline's roommates was her stunt/body double. Talk about a serious character study! And Dominic Monaghan came by to survey the scene and check in with neighbors.

I agree with Link that the attempt to link a house fire to the robbery and DUIs was a bit clumsy. "LOST" stars have a bad year? And Pamela Young named Adewale's character "Dr. Eko."

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                    I'm glad no one was home when it happened, but I'm slightly annoyed that KGMB and KITV (the two I saw) deemed it newsworthy to rehash the troubles with the cops some of the other cast members have had. What had that to do with a house fire?
                    The legal troubles have absolutely nothing to do with a house fire, but the way I see it, but one can't help but wonder about this string of bad luck affecting the cast. Perhaps KGMB and KITV wanted to touch up on that?

For the record, KHON made no reference to her cast mates' run-ins with the law.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                      The legal troubles have absolutely nothing to do with a house fire, but the way I see it, but one can't help but wonder about this string of bad luck affecting the cast. Perhaps KGMB and KITV wanted to touch up on that?

For the record, KHON made no reference to her cast mates' run-ins with the law.
                      If they'd called it bad luck I could kinda see it, but as it was it just seemed like gratuitous info.

Ah well, it's not the first time I've been annoyed by their lack of judgment and it won't be the last.
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                        If they'd called it bad luck I could kinda see it, but as it was it just seemed like gratuitous info.

Ah well, it's not the first time I've been annoyed by their lack of judgment and it won't be the last.
                        KHON's 10PM news just made reference to Josh Holloway and the DUI girls.

Joe Moore mentioned the national attention that some of the cast members received while filming on Oahu. It was then followed by news footage of Holloway's house and the DUI girls in court.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Well, the Honolulu Advertiser takes things to their inevitable conclusion with the front-page story with Curse of the 'Lost' (complete with Season 2 cast photo with red circles marking the damed). Writer Michael Tsai opens with these grafs:
                          From armed home invasions to stalking incidents, speeding tickets to DUI charges — all the way to the inferno that consumed actress Evangeline Lilly's rented Kailua house yesterday — the good life on O'ahu is proving nearly as treacherous to cast members of the hit series "Lost" as bare-knuckles survival on their mysterious fictional island. In fact, not since Greg Brady got into supernatural hot water with that evil tiki has a Hollywood show experienced such a run of misfortune. Someone call Mr. Hanalei!
                          Then tries to wipe the smirk off his face with this forehead-slapper of a segue:
                          Of course, yesterday's blaze was nothing to laugh about. The house, which Lilly shared with two other women, was destroyed by the morning fire. Lilly and her housemates were not home at the time.

Comment

Watching Greys' Anatomy tonight on ABC and up comes a promo for Lost with a new premiere date for the continuation of the 3rd season....

February 7. New time too as previously discussed. 9 / 10 pm.

Just in time for Nielsen.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Wasn't the return date always Feb. 7? I thought it was... practically had it burned into my brain! The new time will be interesting, though. Had we not retired from the podcast last year, that would've meant I'd be up until 4 a.m. instead of 3 a.m.... and there'd be no point to trying to sleep at all!

By the way, speaking of "sightings," "LOST" is back downtown. Wouldn't have found out were it not for a Twitter friend. Just a reminder, if anyone spots those telltale trailers anywhere, I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

I went back and looked at the QT video of the last episode I have. And yes, it was Feb. 7. For some reason I had an earlier date in my mind, but now that I think about it, it was for another show. Many serialized programs did the same thing as Lost this season. Create a big gap during the holidays and then resume new episodes around this time or later. My bad.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X