"Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

I'm told there's also a small feature on "LOST" filming locations in this month's issue of Honolulu magazine, written by some dork who obviously likes the show a little too much.

Comment

• Re: "Lost" Footage in Airport Blunder

Wonder who wasn't reading on duty. http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...702090360.html

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        I'm told there's also a small feature on "LOST" filming locations in this month's issue of Honolulu magazine, written by some dork who obviously likes the show a little too much.
        Heh! Now, where exactly is "Albuqueque"?

Comment

Originally posted by lilin
          Wonder who wasn't reading on duty
          Heh. They caught the same tip I did at Mynette's "Hawaii Film Blog" (which is, contrary to the report, no longer officially affiliated with the Hawaii Film Office) earlier this week. I was chasing confirmation, but no one would talk to me. Those mainstream media folks get all the breaks!

This might explain some of the overlapping filming work for episodes 13 and 14. Perhaps those late pickups for 13 were reshoots?

Meanwhile... I forgot to mention this blog post reporting on a "LOST" film shoot at a strip club on Keeaumoku Street two weeks ago. (I just turned the fan boards onto it this morning as well.) There's a small photo gallery, too. Kiele Sanchez (the much maligned Nikki) was reportedly on the scene.

And a member of the Hawaii LOST Fan Club caught them breaking down a set in Ewa (Old Fort Weaver Road) on Wednesday. She posted photos to her MySpace but graciously allowed me to republish a few. When were gas prices at $1.32 a gallon?

Comment

Michelle Rodriguez posted a very interesting entry on her website last week. It's a long, rambling piece mostly involving her version of her infamous DUI arrest and its ramifications. Offers a bit of description about her interaction with some of her former castmates, but mostly makes you wonder if she was drunk again while writing it.

Check it out: http://www.michelle-rodriguez.com/frommichelle.htm

Comment

In Today's Honolulu Advertiser was this brief I am including here. On my street are two or three guys who are crew members for "Lost," so I was intrigued:

HONOLULU
              2 CREW MEMBERS FROM 'LOST' DIE

Two crew members of the ABC series "Lost" died of apparent heart attacks last week, according to the studio.
              One crew member died after collapsing on the set and the other died while driving home from work. The series is filmed in Hawai'i.
              The studio confirmed the two deaths but would not discuss details.
              "We are saddened by this tragic loss of life and our thoughts are with their families," said an ABC spokeswoman, who did not want to be named.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

"LOST" was at St. Andrew's Cathedral again yesterday. The church was used for a Charlie flashback and a Mr. Eko flashback, but not this time.

Also, check this out. Not cheap, but for a good cause... totally worth it.

THE CAST OF LOST CAN BE FOUND AT HTY!
                Sunday, March 4, 4:30 PM at HTY's Tenney Theatre: The cast of the hit television series LOST joins HTY's actors at a reading and reception celebrating HTY's new season. Proceeds support professional theatre and drama education programs reaching 90,000 children yearly. Actors will include Matthew Fox, Elizabeth Mitchell, Chris Soldvilla, Henry Ian Cusick, Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, Daniel Dae Kim and Jorge Garcia, depending on shooting schedule. Tickets are $100, $200 & $300, based on seating preference. Call 457-4263 for tickets. Your payment holds your reservation.

Comment

I'm not going to spoil it for those who didn't see the article in today's paper, but... check out the person who plays Hurley's father in tonight's episode!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    [...]On my street are two or three guys who are crew members for "Lost," so I was intrigued:

HONOLULU
                    2 CREW MEMBERS FROM 'LOST' DIE[...]
                    I don't normally follow the Lost threads but, wow, I haven't heard anything about this. I googled the subject but found no names. I'm wondering if the 2 were part of the mainland crew. The loss of local crew members would, most likely, be announced on our industry's email list.

It's amazing to me that there aren't more fatal illnesses among crew members. The long hours, stress and, often, the working conditions can be overwhelming.
                    Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    I'm not going to spoil it for those who didn't see the article in today's paper, but... check out the person who plays Hurley's father in tonight's episode!
                    And kudos to young Caden for scoring the part of the younger Hurley. Happy to see that a local child was hired instead of flying in an LA child.

Comment

anybody see last night's episode? i'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out which steep hillside was used to kickstart that van.

by the way, i think it's great that they used the classic beach VW wagon...it's so vintage Hawaii...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        And kudos to young Caden for scoring the part of the younger Hurley. Happy to see that a local child was hired instead of flying in an LA child.
                        Cool, 2-2! If you bump into Caden or his colleagues, let him know the fan buzz has been quite positive. Of course he didn't look too much like Hurley (as he only then ate his first candy bar!), but he did Jorge Garcia's little mannerisms proud.

Anyone else going to Sunday night's benefit at Tenney Theatre? We can't wait!

Comment

Well, the "LOST" benefit for Honolulu Theatre for Youth at Tenney Theater was fantastic. Not the cheapest tickets in the world, but it was worth it. (Especially after we ended up in $300 seats despite $100 tickets when the show started.) There's something wonderful about seeing actors playing around with acting, having fun together on stage while we get to watch.

Then everyone got to go backstage to meet with the stars.

I wrote a review of the show for my blog, noting the cast and works read for the record. It was a once-in-a-lifetime event... unless Annie Wood (Henry Ian Cusick) somehow finds the time and inspiration to make it a regular tradition!

I also posted some photos online. I also saw some friends there. One posted a few photos as well. Another accomplished her mission of taking a picture with every cast member there.

Jen and I truly enjoyed our "date night" with the "LOST" cast and the wonderful HTY players. What a great event, for a great cause!

Comment

ryan - last link above appears not to work

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              [...]Jen and I truly enjoyed our "date night" with the "LOST" cast and the wonderful HTY players.[...]
                              Gotta love Bulldog!

Comment

They were filming on College Walk at N. Kukui St. today! How's this for a "sighting"?

Comment

Working...
                                X