Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Originally posted by pzarquon
    A small sighting to report... Jorge Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim lunching at The Willows in Mo'ili'ili. They were out on that canoe table in the lagoon, talking with some local couple.

Great pics. I don't know if I'm more jealous about your company or the fact that you were at The Willows. They have some of my favorite chicken ever. Yum.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Oh and upon watching my season 2 Lost dvds last night PZ, I got to the part with "shirtless Jin" and immediately thought of Jen's reaction to that and your podcast. And looky who she gets to stand next to. Lucky woman.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Hee! Yeah. The first thing Jen said when I got home wasn't, "Hi, honey," or, "That was so much fun!" It was, "He's even better looking in person!"

It was a blast. They were so... you know, normal! (Though certainly that's no surprise.) I didn't think The Willows was going to be busy, but it turned out that HMSA was having a conference there. But they took it in stride, standing in line for the buffet like everyone else, eating lots of poke...

Only one pair of fans approached them for pictures, visiting doctors, and they were happy to pose.

The conversation was flowing so freely, I think I took out my camera twice, tops. The only picture I got with the four of us was blurry, but that's fine. It's the memories that count!

I'm putting together the hour long interview right now, but if you want to hear the last ten minutes, where they talked specifically about life in Hawaii, check out my latest podcast. My journalism skills are obviously rusty, but it was still a great chat.

Comment

Wow, this is so cool! My family is going to Oahu to visit the day after Christmas. We know that there will probably be no filming going on, but we would still like to visit a few of the filming locations. Any advice as to which location(s) are best would be greatly appreciated! We had hoped that the fuselage of the plane would still be on the beach, but my husband is skeptical.

Comment

Considering that the fuselage got written out in the first season (by it being washed out) I don't think it's on any place that is publicly viewable.

Comment

The fuselage isn't on the beach. Most of it's in storage at Dillingham Airfield. (The nose is at Heeia Kea.) You can visit it, but it's not the most exciting sight! There are still plenty of LOST filming locations you can visit, though -- and by December there'll be plenty more!

Comment

Thank you so much for answering my question so quickly! I did actually see where the fuselage was being kept (I saw the pictures online) after I did a little more digging. But I don't remember them making reference to the entire fuselage being washed away in season 2. I do recall the survivors moving their camp because the "tide" was coming in a lot further than it had previously, but I don't remember anyone making reference to the "entire" fuselage being washed away! Even after they burned it, wouldn't it still be quite heavy?
                I will definitely keep a close eye on this "thread" that you guys have going. It really is awesome!
                My Uncle starting working with Aloha Oil a little over a year ago (apparently he is pretty high on the corporate ladder) and we were hoping that he might have some "inside info".
                Does anyone know if there will be any luaus held on New Year's Eve? We wanted to take our son and thought that might be fun to do on this particular night.

Comment

Honolulu residents (and lucky tourists) will again get to see the long-awaited Season 3 Premiere a few days early as part of Brunch on the Beach in Waikiki. My wife and I certainly plan to be there! As will be several members of the fledgeling Hawaii LOST Fan Club.

And if that wasn't enough fandemonium for you, to show our local "LOST" pride at this awesome event, I'm printing up some Hawaii LOST Fan Club T-shirts. Here's the basic concept for the front and the back. White on a black Hanes "Beefy Tee." We're likely putting in our order tomorrow, but if you'd like one set aside for you (because T-shirt vendors really don't like small orders, and the more the merrier!), please let me know ASAP. Cost is $11 ($13 for 2XL or 3XL), no markup at all, scout's honor.

It may not be high fashion, but it's certainly special! Destined to be a collector's item! Maybe.

Comment

Today I took Hawaiidreaming up to the North Shore and went past the beach where the "crash site" had been filmed (of course it's empty now) and also saw the fuselage located by the Dillingham Airfield. Didn't spot any filming going on.

My hubby, daughter and I plan to be at Sunset on the Beach for both nights that weekend so I've ordered a T shirt for myself. We will also be celebrating my daughter's 15th birthday (a week late but that just stretches it out a bit) by renting a room at one of the nearby (not oceanfront) hotels for a couple of nights. (Couldn't resist the price that Expedia was offering). It will be nice to just walk back to the hotel after the movies and not have to fight the traffic.
                    Originally posted by pzarquon
                    Honolulu residents (and lucky tourists) will again get to see the long-awaited Season 3 Premiere a few days early as part of Brunch on the Beach in Waikiki. My wife and I certainly plan to be there! As will be several members of the fledgeling Hawaii LOST Fan Club.

And if that wasn't enough fandemonium for you, to show our local "LOST" pride at this awesome event, I'm printing up some Hawaii LOST Fan Club T-shirts. Here's the basic concept for the front and the back. White on a black Hanes "Beefy Tee." We're likely putting in our order tomorrow, but if you'd like one set aside for you (because T-shirt vendors really don't like small orders, and the more the merrier!), please let me know ASAP. Cost is $11 ($13 for 2XL or 3XL), no markup at all, scout's honor.

It may not be high fashion, but it's certainly special! Destined to be a collector's item! Maybe.

Comment

My wife and went to one of our favorite places to eat Irifune (sp?) Ummm mixed plate was great. There was a large LOST crew having lunch there also makes one believe they're in the Studio or somewhere close...Now if I could only get through the rest of season two before tomorrow...sigh.
                      Last edited by idvfilms; September 19, 2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
                        My wife and went to one of our favorite places to eat Irifune (sp?) Ummm mixed plate was great. There was a large LOST crew having lunch there also makes one believe they're in the Studio or somewhere close...Now if I could only get through the rest of season two before tomorrow...sigh.
                        Irifune?

Comment

563 Kapahulu Avenue

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...hu_Hawaii.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo
                            A hole-in-the-wall with terrific food.

Some pics:
                            http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com/ono...9/irifune.html

Comment

All right, "LOST" fans, here's a treat! The aforementioned lunch with Daniel Dae Kim and Jorge Garcia also netted an hour-long sit-down interview, and I've just put it online here. Looking back on season two, and ahead to season three, touching on cast changes and acting challenges, fan interaction and spoilers. You'll also likely hear excerpts here and there on the Lost Podcasting Network. I'm no Barbara Walters and it wasn't exactly the MacNeil/Lehrer report, true, but with two weeks to go, I'd imagine "LOST" fans will enjoy every tidbit they can get!
                              Originally posted by idvfilms
                              Now if I could only get through the rest of season two before tomorrow...sigh.
                              Why the rush before tomo... I mean, today? You've got 'til Sept. 30 if you're starting Season 3 with us in Waikiki, or Oct. 4 if you're watching with the rest of the U.S....

Speaking of the Waikiki premiere... almost all the fan-club T-shirts are spoken for! Let me know soon if you want one.

Comment

Antici-pa-tion..I can't help it and I refuse to watch it with teh rest of US...the commercials kill the suspense.

Comment

Working...
                                X