Thread: No sex please...I'm Japanese.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No sex please...I'm Japanese.

This article is from USA Today.
    What you guys think?

Default Re: No sex please...I'm Japanese.

It sounds a bit alarmist. There may be many young women forgoing relationships for their careers, but I don't think it's anywhere near to being the crisis they're making it out to be.

Then again, I'm not Japanese. So I can't know for sure. But somebody has to be getting married and/or having babies.

Interesting article. I have three unmarried kids...and we aren't even in Japan! I think one is too "poor", one is too fussy (girl) and since one still lives at home and saves all his money...he must be too "stingy"!
    Retired Senior Member

I was telling my daughter about the article and now my petname for her is "Parasite Single". I had no idea other people's daughters were doing this too! Ok, so maybe I'm complaining just a little.

I have been in Hawaii for a year and am originally from Japan. Have read this article before. This has been an issue in Japanese society. Women are more educated and men can not keep up with their change. Then women think it better not to get married. It would be better for them to buy a condo for their own future or something like that. On the other hand, more and more women in 30s try to stay with their parents and save money for their own leisure and stuff. Weird, huh?
    Anyway once this issue is discussed, it goes on and on. This may be related to women's new way of thinking but at the same time some Japanese men still stick to the tradition, like.......women should stay at home after getting married........

Several months ago, there was an episode of Hagure Keiji that revolved around a young woman who was looking to buy a condo. That particular building was popular among young women who wanted their own place. I recall saying to me mum if that was really happening out in Japan, I'd have to get off my lazy bum and move there and live near buildings like that! Then I remembered, I'm poor, earn .25$ an hour and have a penchant for spending money on new gadgets so I don't think I'd be able to live in Japan. :/

Seriously though, change is inevitable. And you know, some traditions aren't really good to begin with anyhoo.

But what do I know? I'm a parasite son, who seems to be a bit too picky when it comes to choosing an apartment.
    Last edited by DaFerret; June 16th, 2004 at 11:23 AM.