Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aloha From Las Vegas

Default Re: Aloha From Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Miulang
    One other biiiiig difference between Hawai'i and CONUS. You can't just hop in your car and drive to another state! Hence, the term "rock fever".
    I take it from your quoting my Texas post for that, that you've been to Texas... I used to go to college in Austin, and the drive to Tucson took two days. Day one: drive west, drive west, and drive west some more... stop still well inside Texas. Day two: drive west, drive west some more.. oh wow, we're out of Texas! And we're out of New Mexico! And whoa, we're there

Well, that sure put me in MY place didn't it No, I'm not rude or presumptous - just honest & quite outspoken. and No, I'm not native Hawiian. Neither is anyone else that I know of - there are however, many Kanaka Maoli. Nope, no "natives" here - just hard working Hawaiians who would like to maintain their lifestyle & culture. I wouldn't presume to speak for the Kanaka Maoli - they can speak for themselves & very eloquently. I only speak for myself and put my own honest opinions and ideas on here.

I'm an outspoken individual, as well. It was the first time since posting here a few days ago that someone had spoken in this way. When I was in Oahu, I was treated in a very friendly manner by all of the "ambassadors" of Hawaii, who are quite exceptional, to say the least.

Once in a while, the "Detroit Girl" jumps out of my mouth. You can take the girl outta' Detroit, but you can't take...well, you get the drift. Can't say I'm one to mince words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope
    I am so very happy to have found this forum! I've been restless and obsessed about moving to Oahu for the past several months, especially today. I've spent hours upon hours looking at jobs and condos there.

I live in Las Vegas, which is very "cool", but I find myself feeling restless and bored after living here for almost 11 years. (yep, people really do live here, lol)

I don't gamble, and there's no WATER here! I want to go sailing on my days off! I want to walk on the beach, and be out of this crazy town! I want to shed this place of pretension...and live a more "real" life....
    sounds great wish i could move there
    *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
    http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123