Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us the pros and cons of where you live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell us the pros and cons of where you live!

Originally posted by U'ilani
    I can't ride my bike (my primary form of exercise) half of the year due to the weather.
    I read a quote on a bike web site one time that went something like "there's no such thing as weather too bad to ride, just not having the appropriate clothes for it". This, IIRC, on a web site about biking in the snow. I've actually acquired enough gear at this point that I can usually keep commuting to work on my bike straight through winter. I think the big things I still need are some rain-proof foot covers and gloves, and I was considering getting a motorcycle helmet for the rain shield. Then again maybe I'm just a masochist...

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome
    Beautiful mountain views especially after a storm...
    Valley of the Temples
    We visited Byodo-In when we were there, quite beautiful... especially with said mountain views behind it after rain

Comment

Pro: it's where my sweetie, the Alpha Female from Kane`ohe, lives.
      Con: it's not where my daughter lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard
        We visited Byodo-In when we were there, quite beautiful... especially with said mountain views behind it after rain
        Yes, I often go there to walk around, feed the koi or just sit and relax. Its also a nce place to go if you have wieghty issues on your mind - they tend to melt away.....

If anyone decides to visit the temple, tell the attendant in the little stand ( about a 1/4 mile or so down the hill from the temple) that you are going to visit a gravesite - then you ccan get in free

Otherwise even locals gotta pay.....

By the way Bard, in that picture you posted, your wife looks amazingly like my 17 year old daughter

Alohas
        It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome
          By the way Bard, in that picture you posted, your wife looks amazingly like my 17 year old daughter
          Heh! Yeah, we're an odd couple. I'm about 6 feet tall and she's about 5. When we've been out with her mom before, she's been mistaken for my daughter before. I'm not sure if that says something good about her youthful looks, or something bad about my not-so-youthful looks

Comment

Working...
          X