Fun With Flickr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun With Flickr!

Now you can show your family and friends exactly where your photo's were taken. I think this great! Flickr blog
    Last edited by idvfilms; August 28, 2006, 12:51 PM. Reason: mumblefun

Re: Flickr offers Geo-Tagging

I think smugmug does too.

Comment

Very cool. I was occasionally manually geotagging my Flickr photos, as well as my videoblog entries (via Vlogmap), but this integration is pretty slick. The map link for geotagged photos is a bit lost in the photo display sidebar, but once you're in the map view, it's a pretty awesome way to browse random photos. Ultimately, it'll be interesting too see how many unconnected people take pictures in the same spot over time.

Comment

Here's a live link to geotagged photos on the island of Oahu. It's fun to zoom around and see what was captured at a particular place.

Comment

Flickr help!

I've completely lost how, once photos are uploaded, to create a URL so the photos can be viewed on my web page!

The only reference I can find on flickr.com is for creating a dynamic badge. But, that generates an overabundance of html. In the past I've been able to generate an image URL, eg: "http://farm1.static.flickr.com/xxx/xxxx/xxx.jpg". All of my FAQ searching isn't turning up what I'm looking for. Has the site been revamped since 12/31/06, which is the last time I was able to generate a URL? Or, have my searching skills gone right down the tubes?

TIA!

ETA: I followed admin's instructions here and when I click and hold nuthin' happens! Also, the badge allows only public photos and I don't want my photos public. The URL mentioned above allows private photos.

TIAx2!
          Last edited by tutusue; March 4, 2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Flickr help!

Found it...just needed to click on "all sizes"!

Comment

Re: Fun With Flickr!

Heads up, Flickr fans! Next Saturday brings us "24 hours of Flickr," a global, collaborative photography event!
              On May 5, 2007, grab your camera and whatever else you need, and chronicle your day in pictures. The group's photos will be featured at Flickr events around the world this summer and in a companion book, which will contain a selection of photographs chosen from the group
              Would love to see some Hawaii shutterbugs represented!

Comment

May 5 is also the date for Don Ho's services in Waikiki. While a great photo op, maybe not a wise flickr op. Still, I will take photos knowing full well that I'm a really lousy photographer! There's nothing quite so beautiful as the final sendoff, Hawaiian style.

Comment

I didn't make it to the Don Ho events in Waikiki, but I did make sure to have my camera on me for "24 Hours of Flickr" anyway. Here's a couple of highlights from my set:

Anyone else grab any memorable images today?
                  Last edited by pzarquon; May 5, 2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I did not want to get caught up in the crowd and traffic in Waikiki today. Shot a few at Magic Island this afternoon.

I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      I didn't make it to the Don Ho events in Waikiki, but I did make sure to have my camera on me for "24 Hours of Flickr" anyway.[...]
                      Is Kaneshiro the married name of your 2nd cousin, Joy?!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Is Kaneshiro the married name of your 2nd cousin, Joy?!
                        Wow. Sorry I missed this message, Tutusue! And yes, that's Joy Kaneshiro. How do you know her?

Only came by this thread to invite local Flickr users and fans to the next meetup, tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Ke Iki Beach past Haleiwa. RSVP here!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          Wow. Sorry I missed this message, Tutusue! And yes, that's Joy Kaneshiro. How do you know her?[...]
                          I don't! I know her husband and his brother. Small island, as usual!

Comment

Some interesting developments at Flickr recently. I'm not sure I should write about it here, but on the off-chance someone wants to help me make sense of it, I'll give it a go.

If you've explored Flickr very much at all, you know there are several photo-pools dedicated to the appreciation of women. A guy whose photostream I follow and who administers a pool has spent the past two years posting street-candids of women. They are all photos taken in public places, and the subjects are women of all shapes, sizes, colors, and ages (but no kids).

I know I get criticized for it quite a bit, but I am an ardent admirer of the female form, in all its forms, and I really appreciated what this guy was doing. I even may have contributed to his photo pool on occasion with some of the photos I've taken.

But Flickr is shutting him down. It is asking that he remove his street candids because, while they do not cross the line between candid photography and voyeurism, they are "creepy."

He writes:
                            Flickr has determined that all my candid images are in violation of Flickr's TOS, even though all are marked private for Friends and Family only and restricted to 18yrs and older. Therefore I will no longer be able to post new images to this group. All my images will be deleted in the next few days.

In order for me to keep my account I must delete all my candid images. I suggest that if you have favored any of my images that you now save them to disk. I will be looking for another site to post my images.
                            This is all still being hashed out, but the guy has decided first to get his photostream into compliance before continuing to plead his case with Yahoo! While he acknowledges that it's Yahoo!'s service and Yahoo! can do whatever it wants with it, it does seem to be a policy that lacks a certain sense.

Using images from my own photostream, here's what I understand:

This street candid would be okay.

This candid on Haleakala would be okay.

This one violates the TOS, and I could lose my account because of it.

I have to say I am at a loss. Of course I'll continue to use Flickr whether I can share photos like this or not, but to remove this one very interesting aspect of photography makes it a lot less interesting for me.

Am I missing something? Could you help me understand Flickr's point of view. whether you agree with it or not?
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

This one violates the TOS, and I could lose my account because of it.

I have to say I am at a loss. Of course I'll continue to use Flickr whether I can share photos like this or not, but to remove this one very interesting aspect of photography makes it a lot less interesting for me.

Am I missing something? Could you help me understand Flickr's point of view. whether you agree with it or not?
                              if the ladies were to find out you took candids of them, would you think they would consider it creepy? in this day and age?

Comment

Working...
                              X