Re: Fun With Flickr!

Ryan, the video worked this time!

Skeet, awwwwwww!
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

Comment

We're at the park now. It's a blue, sunny day, after all. Try come! Let's talkstory and shoot each other! Call 372-3372 if you get lost.

Comment

Most memorable event at the gathering was that someone said "SuperFerry" and all of the people stop what they were doing and started to take pictures of the SuperFerry as it was coming in to Honolulu Harbor.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing on my way home! Too funny! I couldn't help but think how ironic it is that we were so iffy about it yet it excites us to see it go by.

I know someone mentioned the speed and then they mentioned the whales. No matter what, we will always have that in the back of our minds.

I know Auntie Lynn wanted to know what everyone was doing. She didn't fall for it like we did.

I can't explain it... the crazy boat just asks for attention.

It was nice to see a lot of people in person! Lika Nui was a brief topic of conversation but still remains a mystery.

We talked about weddings, kids and food! Auntie's going to open a restaurant so we can all go eat at her place. Right Lynn?
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
            Lika Nui was a brief topic of conversation but still remains a mystery.
            Interesting. But I'm a simple person -- a mystery inside a conundrum inside a disfunctional contrajuxtaposition, an anomaly of an aberration of idiosyncratic singularity and irregularity, and a nonconforming anachronism of ephemeral synchronicity, with gravy all over.
            And there you have it, in a nutshell.
            All you had to do was ask!

Other than that, it sounds like you folks had a fun day. So where are the darned pictures?!?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I haven't downloaded any pictures yet. I think I'm gonna blog about it... not because of us, but because of what I ran up against after I left. I'll download the pics and then decide. I will try to refrain from posting anything sensitive... there wasn't anything but I don't want anyone to worry!

Actually, it's kind of funny 'cause I got mad but it turned out it was egg on my face when I found out what I was dealing with. I'll post the link when and if I do.

Thanks for being so welcoming you guys!
              Aloha,
              Evelyn
              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Interesting. But I'm a simple person -- a mystery inside a conundrum inside a disfunctional contrajuxtaposition, an anomaly of an aberration of idiosyncratic singularity and irregularity, and a nonconforming anachronism of ephemeral synchronicity, with gravy all over.[...]
                I'll certainly drink to that! Oh wait...I just did! Actually, that's a lie. I'm still working. I'll need to take pictures next week. Lots of 'em! Talk about dysfunction...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I'll certainly drink to that!
                  Heh. I had three reactions to that.
                  First was a
                  Second was a
                  And last was just a simple

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Photos from the meetup can be found in the meetup group photo pool. In addition, as a sequel to the video from the 2006 gathering, I've posted a video montage from Saturday... now in high-def stereo!

Comment

Looks like I missed a really good time & lots of photo opps. Friends and food and kids and dogs - all good stuff. Hope I can make it next time.
                      Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Uh oh. There goes the neighborhood. Flickr now supports short video uploads, too. A lot of hardcore still-photography members are convinced it's the end of the world. I, for one, want to see how this photo and video mix shakes out over the next few months first. Here's my first Flickr video, a clip of Lanikai Beach.

Comment

According to Flickr only the Pro accounts can upload video and even then it's only a limit of 90 seconds.

Comment

I like the player. It's not crowded with ads or "check this out, too!" links.
                            Here's mine, a shortened version of a video I've shared with some others before.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

OK. I posted mine. A short clip I made a few months ago using the 30 minute Flip2Video camera that I bought at Comp USA's closing sale a few months back.

The Flip camera like my recently acquired Canon Powershot S5 IS saves video clips as AVI. I don't know all the technical specs on either camera's video capabilities. I guess I'll look it up later.

I'm pretty new to digital video and have to figure out how to use the iMovie program that came with my Mac. I made only one crude edit with Quicktime Pro on the posted video.

As for Flickr a few things I noticed:

1. The video I posted looked better on Flickr than it does on YouTube.
                              2. For anyone who has created sets for Photos, it looks like you can mix your video with your photosets. The photo sets used to state "XX photos" in the set, but now states "XX things" in the set. I created a new set just for my video and it calls that "a thingy".
                              3. Like YouTube you can also embed your videos to another site. I like that.

The 90 second limit is fine for me. I think they did that so people don't post music videos which run for 2 minutes or longer. Plus I don't think Flickr should increase the video times since I think and hope the site remains primarily a photo sharing site.

I remember when I was (and still am) on BuzzNet, it started off as a photo site, but over time morphed into video and a MySpace wanna-be with all kinds of clutter and distractions that stray from the original focus of the site.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                                I'm pretty new to digital video and have to figure out how to use the iMovie program that came with my Mac. I made only one crude edit with Quicktime Pro on the posted video.
                                Mel, I normally dislike the tutorials that come with application software, but the iMovie tutorial (if it's anything like what it was eight years ago) is actually pretty well-done. I learned a lot and forced myself to do everything in the tutorial exactly as instructed (like most people, I was tempted to try a million different things) and am glad I sat through it.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X